Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Post-Crisis Superman taking the gladiator thing literally,again.

New costume for clark. Black insignia is back and superman is wearing chains.No more knight superman, the modern day gladiator for truth and justice is back literally.

Tempted to go back and reread Exile for Clark, given he seems to be returning to that status quo here. Was one of my favorite stories and I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson references it. I wish Pak was writing it though, gladiator heroes are what made him famous lol. Still it looks interesting so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's not having a personality. That's just being a psychopath. He should just flip them off.You know, show them the finger and jump over tall buildings . Now that's personality.

Now this is the dashing debonair action hero of action comics.More zorro/goldenage superman and less space joker.
    Edit-

Damn! i am sold on the look.He looks badass. Also, jon seems to be stopping bullets from hitting protesters in this image who wants to free metropolis from some authorities. There is another image of jon taking on new kind of brainiac . This is getting me hyped.The new man of tomorrow looks to be turning out great.
    Ok I'm liking what I'm seeing now I'm a 100% no capes for Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok I'm liking what I'm seeing now I'm a 100% no capes for Jon

Aslong as he isn't jacket and gloves Jon, and sticks to the bright lights, and doesn't travel the slightly darker route like kon would

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

DC needs to just break down and make Kingdom Come the official DCU. It's obvious they want to considering how eager they are to put Superman in that costume.
    Assassinate Putin!

That's not having a personality. That's just being a psychopath. He should just flip them off.You know, show them the finger and jump over tall buildings . Now that's personality.

Now this is the dashing debonair action hero of action comics.More zorro/goldenage superman and less space joker.
    Edit-

Damn! i am sold on the look.He looks badass. Also, jon seems to be stopping bullets from hitting protesters in this image who wants to free metropolis from some authorities. There is another image of jon taking on new kind of brainiac . This is getting me hyped.The new man of tomorrow looks to be turning out great.
    Unfortunately they might be protesting to free metropolis from Jon putting them in a bottle.

I do like how they’ve differentiated Jon by his hair, it’s definitely different from his Dad.

Also if I can speak on Clark’s Future State costume, I like the version from the variant of Imperious Lex more then the chained version. Just a personal opinion, I’m just not a fan of the chains.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The more I read about this, the more I'm glad they ditched Didio. Who thought turning Jon into the Red Son Superman would be a good idea?
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The more I read about this, the more I'm glad they ditched Didio. Who thought turning Jon into the Red Son Superman would be a good idea?
    I like jon being redeemable than unsinned. Does that make sense? Also, why would jon be saving people protesting against him?

I wonder why there is caped variant of the costume. I believe the uncaped nightwing-esque costume for jon fits well than this one. This one especially needs two sets of blue in it like jon's original look.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-17-2020 at 08:05 AM.

I like jon being redeemable than unsinned. Does that make sense? Also, why would jon be saving people protesting against him?

I wonder why there is caped variant of the costume. I believe the uncaped nightwing-esque costume for jon fits well than this one. This one especially needs two sets of blue in it like jon's original look.
    I think Superman/Wonder Woman takes place earlier, The Superman of Metropolis comes after.

I really think if DC ever decides to give Superman a different suit, Jon's would be a nice place to start.

This one is ugly

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's such an inspired idea.

I absolutely agree. I want to see heroes being heroic. But it seems like there's always at least one falling to dark side now (usually several). And sure, they may be redeemed, but next week it's someone else's turn. And sometimes they're too damaged for the comeback. But even if they aren't, it's as "meh" as the deaths and resurrections, and I simply don't enjoy watching heroes being villains. And typically they don't face any consequences, either.

Because he's a Superhero?
    He has a cape on the JL cover too, I believe, so I think he ditches or takes up the cape at different periods of his career.

Yeah, aside from Flash the Superman FS premises just aren't enticing me at the moment.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I don't care for this Future State idea but I really like this pulp cover style variant cover for Superman: Worlds of War. Superman really does fit the pulp mold in covers in like these since he's basically an amalgamation of the classic pulp hero archetypes.

121993420_10164365935840438_9132238802277761879_o.jpg
    Last edited by BBally; 10-17-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark