Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't really care about the other Future State stories but I am pretty disappointed that World of War is only a two month thing. Plus Supes has to share the story with Shilo Norman and a new version of the Black Racer.
    The John Carter Superman book really should be a full maxi-series and the Jon in neon bottled Metropolis of the future could run alongside it. So many possibilities to be explored and rich concepts and ideas at play.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-30-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The John Carter Superman book really should be a full maxi-series and the Jon in neon bottled Metropolis of the future could run alongside it. So many possibilities to be explored and rich concepts and ideas at play.
    It should at least be an epic arc on the main books, like Joker War, City of Bane, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It should at least be an epic arc on the main books, like Joker War, City of Bane, etc.
    Or at least a standalone maxiseries. We did kinda get a version of Superman fighting on Warworld in the main books with the Exile arc, although that was over 20 years ago.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Totally, ACTION COMICS would be the place for a high octane scifi epic. Hell, it's called ACTION Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Totally, ACTION COMICS would be the place for a high octane scifi epic. Hell, it's called ACTION Comics.
    You just made me think, that they should do a bunch of Superman stories that would pay homage to the characters that started with Superman on Action Comics, it would be mostly a bunch of pulp adventures, but it could be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It is definitively a good thing that DC has decided that adult Jon is not as physically imposing as his father. The same should be the choice for Damian, I think, even if the current adult version of hm as Ra's a'Ghul seems to have made this choice, albeit in a less obvious way than Future State Superman's book.

And World of Wars help cement the difference, with Clark being just damn massive in his book.
    Yep. That visual point of differentiation is pretty cool, and lets the characters have more of an unique visual signature that way.

By current adult version of Damian as Ra's al Ghul, you mean the Batman Beyond take on Damian? Yeah, even in that case, Damian's more built than Jon's take here, but is still more athletically trim than the usual takes on Bruce and Clark's top-heavy hunks, and some other versions of adult Damian, too, where he becomes even more of a Bruce clone as an adult. Batman Beyond Damian still looks powerful and cool, but in his own visually distinct manner, which is nice to see.

Astonishing Member

I don't really care about the other Future State stories but I am pretty disappointed that World of War is only a two month thing. Plus Supes has to share the story with Shilo Norman and a new version of the Black Racer.
    For me, I find myself anticipating almost everything about Future State, with only a few exceptions that haven't jumped out at me in some way yet.

And also I'm glad Shilo Norman's getting something here, since he tends to get the shaft every time it's time to tell something Mister Miracle related.

Does he have to share? My understanding was that he’s still getting the normal 22 pages, but the issues also come with backups featuring other characters. That’s why the issues cost more. So Supes isn’t losing page space.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think if the books are successful and brings in buzz for the character it could seriously be expanded. But,I would appreciate it being kept a good story or run with start,middle and end overall.
    Regardless,i am especially happy that superman is finally drawing from the pulp background of the character.

Joker War was poorly communicated across the various Bat Titles and City of Bane premiered the worst aspects of a Bruce Wayne that hasn't become evil.

Just a reminder Conner Kent will be in the suicide squad book coming out also

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Joker War was poorly communicated across the various Bat Titles and City of Bane premiered the worst aspects of a Bruce Wayne that hasn't become evil.
    I'm talking about a long, planned months long arc, not exactly a Joker War or City of Bane. Something like Doomed and Truth was, but you know, actually good, and the only titles that should be on it, are Superman and Action Comics.

Figured this should be included here as well as the Jon thread:

https://screenrant.com/teen-justice-...e-earth-11-dc/

The FS Flash is from Earth 11 and one of her teammates she fought alongside of her world was the E11 version of Jon. I’m honestly tickled trying to picture Bryce and Clara(?) pregnant.

Yikes, that gives me the ugly implication that poor Bryce might have been Cosby'd by Terry Al Ghul.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-02-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yikes, that gives me the ugly implication that poor Bryce might have been Cosby'd by Terry Al Ghul.
    They do say that it’s not a 1-to-1 parallel to Earth 0. So some stuff is probably also different beyond simply flipping the genders. I recall also that the Amazons were far more involved in this Earth’s history so that right there is a pretty major difference.