Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Default Superman Future State

DC Future State will feature big changes across the board for the DC Universe, including the Superman Family.

According to DC, "Due to his involvement in an international crisis happening in the near future, Clark Kent has been rejected by Earth, causing him to focus his lifesaving efforts outside his adopted home. He travels to Warworld to rise through the ranks of gladiatorial combat in order to defeat Mongul with the help of some unlikely heroes. Back in Metropolis, Clark’s son Jon has taken on the mantle of Superman. After seeing the horrors that befell Gotham, he bottles Metropolis in order to keep it safe, putting him at odds with Supergirl."

"Connecting the two oversized Future State: Superman titles, Shilo Norman, the man known as Mister Miracle, finds himself caught between the city he grew up in and the battle-torn planet that could be his downfall," DC's description continues. "Meanwhile in the Amazon rainforest, Yara Flor is chosen to be the new Wonder Woman. Years later, the new Superman and Wonder Woman join forces to save their cities in a new superhero team-up the likes of which the world has never seen."

DC Future State's Superman-centric titles are below:

Oversized Comics:
    Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1-2
    Superman of Metropolis, by Sean Lewis and John Timms
    The Guardian, by Sean Lewis and Cully Hamner
    Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro
    Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1-4
    Superman: Worlds of War, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Mikel Janin
    Midnighter, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Gleb Melnikov
    Black Racer, by Jeremy Adams and Siya Oum
    Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro
    Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1-2
    Immortal Wonder Woman, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Jen Bartel
    Nubia, by L.L. McKinney, Alitha E. Martinez and Mark Morales

Monthly Miniseries And One-Shots:
    Future State: House of El, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Scott Godlewski (one-shot on sale February)
    Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman, by Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage
    Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes, by Brian Michael Bendis and Riley Rossmo
    Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman, by Dan Watters and Leila del Duca
    Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex, by Mark Russell and Steve Pugh (3-issue series ending March 2021)
    Future State: Wonder Woman, by Joëlle Jones

DC Future State begins in January 2021.

FS-SMoM-Cv1.jpg

FS-SWoW-Cv1.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wow. This all looks terrible. Looks like we really dodged a bullet with this one.

More of Didios darky dark crap. Thank god hes gone.

Just gotta deal with two months of his horrible leftovers.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

And so we get closer to finally closing the book on what's left of Didio's short lived and awful reign. The Wonder Woman and Justice League stuff at least sounds a little interesting.

As for Supes....well at least this Jon doesn't look completely like Clark 2.0. So at least his new bland appearance in Legion wasn't hinting at anything. His first Legion costume is still the best thing he's worn though.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-15-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Clark fighting through Warworld and Jon bottling Metropolis sounds interesting enough as a two month mini event. I’ll check those out. Also if that’s Solaris I see on the Superman/WW cover I’m definitely picking that up! Will be getting Batman/Superman by Gene Yang and Superman vs. Imperious Lex by Russel, those two guys are Golden in my eyes.

I’m pleasantly surprised by how interesting some of these books look. Hopefully the creators involved will be getting books in the mainline once that returns as well.

Wow. This all looks terrible. Looks like we really dodged a bullet with this one.
    Exactly what I was thinking. The Superman-gladiatorial-combat thing just sounded really boring an non-Superman-like (instead, you know, rescuing people or taking on the bad guy directly), but the Jon-bottling-city had my jaw dropping in horror. Ghastly to make Jon that sort. I mean, in AUs, it's almost a variant of authoritarian-Superman-godking (with a dose of possibly-turning-evil-to-everyone-else, because I'm pessimistic), but in-continuity - terrible.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Didio really did think he could sell anything.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. The Superman-gladiatorial-combat thing just sounded really boring an non-Superman-like (instead, you know, rescuing people or taking on the bad guy directly), but the Jon-bottling-city had my jaw dropping in horror. Ghastly to make Jon that sort. I mean, in AUs, it's almost a variant of authoritarian-Superman-godking (with a dose of possibly-turning-evil-to-everyone-else, because I'm pessimistic), but in-continuity - terrible.
    It is kinda funny how, in Legion, he was randomly having a borderline panic attack over being a bottled city. And now he's bottling Metropolis....character development I guess XD

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Didio really did think he could sell anything.
    If it's bleak, edgy, and/or new, you best believe Didio will try to sell it to you and act like it's how things should always be. He's like a reverse Alan Moore...whose current stance on the tone of comics is ironic, given all the overblown edgelord **** that he's written.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-15-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That Russell/Pugh book is a 100% stone cold lock of a buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm actually pretty excited for Superman World of War, maybe is Mikel Janin art that makes everything looks awesome. Maybe is that for years I think that a perfect movie for Superman would be something in John Carter style.

I might actually give Wonder Woman and Nubia a read. But for the most part, I'm glad this stuff is no longer the definite future for these characters.

Ya know admittedly I do like Jon's costume the belt and what appears to be no cape works for him he should permanently ditch the cape if nothing else to give him some more individuality from Clark.

Though I do see why Didio got fired the idea of replacing decades worth of brand all at once with new or less established characters was doomed to fail from the start and bound to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    he should permanently ditch the cape if nothing else to give him some more individuality from Clark.
    That I agree with. But I've always been anti-cape anyway.

if nothing else Future State is at least a better name. I mean who hears 5G and thinks dc superheroes? Even weirder that AT&T are the ones they answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That I agree with. But I've always been anti-cape anyway.

Edna said it years ago yet people still try and make it a thing it's tragic Jon can be he who sets the standard!