Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Metropolis is going to look so cool in Future State
    I like everything about this page except the missing cape and even then I can roll with it because of how gorgeous it looks.

I appreciate the mellow vibe we get from Jon on this page, unassumingly watching over the city. He definitely feels like an approachable dude, which is in line with how I viewed him when he got older.

Watch, I'm wrong and this is him moping while Yara tries to motivate him, fails and leaves in frustration.

As for Yara's costume, that's basically the Conner approach to PG's design. Long-sleeved legless leotard with wedge heals. It's worked before and I think it works for Yara.

I am somewhat amused that Kon has a cape and Jon doesn’t in the future. Not how I would’ve seen that going. But I think Jon starts out with a cape and then removes it sometime after Metropolis gets bottled (feeling undeserving perhaps?), and I do think that works well with the “Beyond”-esque setup.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

are those orange streaks supposed to mean anything?It's nice to see metropolis has a moon.I wonder,if technology used is kryptonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As for Yara's costume, that's basically the Conner approach to PG's design. Long-sleeved legless leotard with wedge heals. It's worked before and I think it works for Yara.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Conner's PG had wedge boots. Of course, they wouldn't go as far as giving Wonder Woman a boob window .
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    are those orange streaks supposed to mean anything?It's nice to see metropolis has a moon.I wonder,if technology used is kryptonian.
    Rocket cars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rocket cars ?
    I was thinking flying trains.I hope jon has a race.Now,that's vintage superman from 1938.

BANNED

metropolis seems to be winning in this future. a middle ground for the normal metropolis would be good ..

I am somewhat amused that Kon has a cape and Jon doesn’t in the future. Not how I would’ve seen that going. But I think Jon starts out with a cape and then removes it sometime after Metropolis gets bottled (feeling undeserving perhaps?), and I do think that works well with the “Beyond”-esque setup.

Se with the Deceeased series, where Jon has black inside his S, which is another thing taken from kon. 1st was Morrisons tshirt and jeans superman, and then whatever else they wanted to take from him. Hell he has a generic personality now, over exaggerated look thst he had in the 90s, but done badly Imo, and no TTK. They probably think if they water him down enough his fans and any new fans that could possibly like him won't give him a second look beside all ur golden boy Jon

So a lot of the people announced for books in March are carrying on with their Future State books into the relaunch, just set in the “present” instead of the Future State future. That could mean that Johnson and Lewis are our new Superman writers given they are the ones writing solo Superman books featuring Clark and Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Se with the Deceeased series, where Jon has black inside his S, which is another thing taken from kon. 1st was Morrisons tshirt and jeans superman, and then whatever else they wanted to take from him. Hell he has a generic personality now, over exaggerated look thst he had in the 90s, but done badly Imo, and no TTK. They probably think if they water him down enough his fans and any new fans that could possibly like him won't give him a second look beside all ur golden boy Jon
    Did Kon start that? I thought Kingdom Come was the first to do that in the comics (aside from Fleschier). Honestly I think it was just Didio’s hateboner for the Titans being why Kon got screwed over. Still interested in seeing him in that Suicide Squad book, Kon as the guy who was built to be a weapon on a team with villains who are also turned into human weapons has potential. Least he’s avoiding all the crap going down with the other “young gen” Titans.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I like everything about this page except the missing cape and even then I can roll with it because of how gorgeous it looks.

I appreciate the mellow vibe we get from Jon on this page, unassumingly watching over the city. He definitely feels like an approachable dude, which is in line with how I viewed him when he got older.

Watch, I'm wrong and this is him moping while Yara tries to motivate him, fails and leaves in frustration.

Agreed, I think she's leaving him in frustration after either scolding him or being shocked by something he did or plans to do. Bottling metropolis perhaps? I wonder who the two dudes are who see her fly away are... Some randos or people of significance?

So a lot of the people announced for books in March are carrying on with their Future State books into the relaunch, just set in the “present” instead of the Future State future. That could mean that Johnson and Lewis are our new Superman writers given they are the ones writing solo Superman books featuring Clark and Jon.

Did Kon start that? I thought Kingdom Come was the first to do that in the comics (aside from Fleschier). Honestly I think it was just Didio’s hateboner for the Titans being why Kon got screwed over. Still interested in seeing him in that Suicide Squad book, Kon as the guy who was built to be a weapon on a team with villains who are also turned into human weapons has potential. Least he’s avoiding all the crap going down with the other “young gen” Titans.

Well yeah fleisher and kingdom come, but modern era he had it longer and was and still shown to look like that (titans and YJ).

A weapon who outgrew being just a weapon and wants to be a hero.

Oh I'm. Sure he will get sucker into whatever teen crap happens, I judt hope they age him a Lil and give him more than a vanilla personality and vanilla kryptonian powerset

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well yeah fleisher and kingdom come, but modern era he had it longer and was and still shown to look like that (titans and YJ).

A weapon who outgrew being just a weapon and wants to be a hero.

Oh I'm. Sure he will get sucker into whatever teen crap happens, I judt hope they age him a Lil and give him more than a vanilla personality and vanilla kryptonian powerset
    Ah you’re right my bad, I tend to think of Kon’s punk outfit as his “default” when I picture him since that’s how I was introduced to him. Hey you can rest assured of this: whatever Kon’s status in the comics (and I’ll be honest, I’m still iffy on the state of the Titans franchise in general even with Didio gone) Kon will still be getting lots of play elsewhere. He’s in the Titans show. He’s in the YJ cartoon, and I’m hoping he’ll be the main focus of the next season. Since the Legion will be introduced and I demand a Super character be the go between the Legion and the rest of the DCU. Kon’s the obvious choice for the role so hopefully Weisman won’t screw him over and shove him to the side.

Ah you’re right my bad, I tend to think of Kon’s punk outfit as his “default” when I picture him since that’s how I was introduced to him. Hey you can rest assured of this: whatever Kon’s status in the comics (and I’ll be honest, I’m still iffy on the state of the Titans franchise in general even with Didio gone) Kon will still be getting lots of play elsewhere. He’s in the Titans show. He’s in the YJ cartoon, and I’m hoping he’ll be the main focus of the next season. Since the Legion will be introduced and I demand a Super character be the go between the Legion and the rest of the DCU. Kon’s the obvious choice for the role so hopefully Weisman won’t screw him over and shove him to the side.
    We saw the Legion ring (probably Saturn Girl's) after a shot of Conner and M'Gann, so I think it'll likely be connected to them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A lot of new future state art here: https://comic-watch.com/news/first-l...-event-preview

The artist doing interiors for Superman/Wonder Woman may be my favorite adult Jon artist yet!

Last edited by DragonPiece; 12-05-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of new future state art here: https://comic-watch.com/news/first-l...-event-preview

The artist doing interiors for Superman/Wonder Woman may be my favorite adult Jon artist yet!

This costume is dceu-esque. I prefer the capeless one.Did he get a job at dailyplanet?I mean,that feels sudden.Then again this basically a timeskip.he seem to have no glasses at the very least.
    Seems like superman is going to be connected to the authority.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-05-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"