Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think a cape necessarily denotes what kind of Superman Jon is (I don't think he needs to move like Spider-Man) but it shows some kind of progression or passage of time with him.

I don't see Superman as being all that different from All Might. Maybe less hyper .
    No,I didn't mean Jon needs to move like spiderman.That would be weird. I mean Peter essentially moves like a creepy crawler.But,I want more alien+acrobatic(like nightwing) movement pattern for Jon.I took spiderman's name cause one of his selling point is his "amazing" agility.
    Sure agree,The guy is literally modelled after circus performers.Showmanship is the very essence of the character . Ofcourse,he can do cool looking ****.He was running on electric cables,clinging on walls,leaping tall buildings...etc before spiderman was a thought. Keep in mind,Flight nor the cape is the problem. The problem is the absolute mundane way it is portrayed. It's just writers tend to make characters with cape and muscle as bricks,automatically .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No,I didn't mean Jon needs to move like spiderman.That would be weird. I mean Peter essentially moves like a creepy crawler.But,I want more alien+acrobatic(like nightwing) movement pattern for Jon.I took spiderman's name cause one of his selling point is his "amazing" agility.
    Sure agree,The guy is literally modelled after circus performers.Showmanship is the very essence of the character . Ofcourse,he can do cool looking ****.He was running on electric cables,clinging on walls,leaping tall buildings...etc before spiderman was a thought. Keep in mind,Flight nor the cape is the problem. The problem is the absolute mundane way it is portrayed. It's just writers tend to make characters with cape and muscle as bricks,automatically .
    I agree Jon shouldn't be the traditional tank like character all the Supers get treated as I mean look at that shitty (now seemingly non-existent which we still don't know how he got but it seems to be gone now) scar teen him had/has. He's less durable than the others so making him more well rounded in his fighting style could be a welcome change.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

You should read Invincible. That's probably something close to what you're looking for, and frankly it's pretty close to what Jon's been becoming in the Superman books and Future State. And funny enough, the main character Mark is both based and named after (Mark Grayson) Dick Grayson but with Superman's powers.

Here's the trailer if you haven't already checked it out.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You should read Invincible. That's probably something close to what you're looking for, and frankly it's pretty close to what Jon's been becoming in the Superman books and Future State. And funny enough, the main character Mark is both based and named after (Mark Grayson) Dick Grayson but with Superman's powers.

Here's the trailer if you haven't already checked it out.
    Yeah!I have read and issue here and there.I didn't get into it fully because of money and time constraints. While That looks good(especially,the part where the kid flys and falls.just what I am looking for).That is something I would want (except for the violence.Jon just isn't violent like that).But,I was thinking a bit more radical when I said alien.

Anyways,I would like Jon to be like kaneki with his movements.He essentially breaks his own bones to get away from strong opponents holds like a snake . I much prefer how Siegel used animals and insects to explain how superman's abilities worked. Not that I want Jon to be animal man or vixen.I just want something engaging.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2020 at 11:14 PM.

I love Dick, but Nightwing seems to be setting his capabilities low.

I love Dick, but Nightwing seems to be setting his capabilities low.
    Powerlevel are superficial.What matters is what emotions it evoke in the audience.For instance,Dick does a jumps and flips over a running car coming him way.Jon does the same over a hypersonic train.You can even stretch Jon does jumps and flips over planet sized object flying faster than a light.There you go, Superdickgrayson.

Astonishing Member

Powerlevel are superficial.What matters is what emotions it evoke in the audience.For instance,Dick does a jumps and flips over a running car coming him way.Jon does the same over a hypersonic train.You can even stretch Jon does jumps and flips over planet sized object flying faster than a light.There you go, Superdickgrayson.
    Wow, something that we actually agree on.

Sounds kind of extra, but I guess it'd depend on the artwork .

Sounds kind of extra, but I guess it'd depend on the artwork .
    It is.But it is required.Just taking flight pose is mundane as heck.Goldenage artists never drew superman like that.His art usually made me feel like superman is levitating.It's the job of artist to attract people with action.Sell him as SUPERMAN. Not mundaneMan I see goku do monkey flips on a dradon.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Wow, something that we actually agree on.
    What I meant was, feats can be stretched.I can bench press 1 half my bodyweight and superman can bench press a train.We both do the same thing just different weights. But,that doesn't mean bench pressing shouldn't be a struggle or there shouldn't be any real emotional struggles.Powerlevels do give a story structure in these type of story.When used right tension caused by an antagonist is entirely due to the powerlevel of the opponent .Powerlevels also provide the sense of struggle when protagonist [tries performs a far beyond his level.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Bem-vindo ao CCXP Worlds, DC Style!
    Sunday, Dec 6th

6:40pm - 07:08pm GMT / 1:40pm – 2:08pm PT

• DC Future State: Superman: Hear what Marguerite Bennett, Brandon Easton, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Mark Russell and John Timms are doing in January and February for DC’s Future State! The Superman (and Superwoman) panelists all use the same word to describe DC’s oldest Super Hero, “hope,” but they all have a very different idea of what that means in DC’s Future State! Moderated by DC’s Associate Editor Brittany Holzherr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looking forward to this, shame Watters and Yang aren’t part of it as well.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looking forward to this, shame Watters and Yang aren’t part of it as well.
    I was reading that list hoping to see both of them and am kind of crushed they're not going to be involved, but it's still cool to see this panel and I'm eager to hear Mark Russell's thoughts in particular.

Metropolis is going to look so cool in Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Metropolis is going to look so cool in Future State
    It almost looks like it could be the Legion's timeline at this point.

(And Yara's got wedges? A leotard plus some heels? Wow).