Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Nah, the cape is great. It's the underwear which are an eyesore.

At least for Super-Daddy.

But I think Jon's costume works better without it. It helps make him more modern than his dad and he looks great. Sleek, powerful, confident. Really, I dig this look.
    Yeah Jon and Kon shouldn’t have the trunks imo. That’s a Clark thing. I can give or take the trunks with him as well, but I am amused to see he’s reduced to just the cape, shield, and trunks. The core features one might say

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon is seriously giving me a tokyo ghoul vibes with the hair, tone, colouring... Etc. Does anyone else feel it? (those who have read it)

Superman's new set of brother in arms look awesome.
    Really? I think Jon looks like knock-off Superman that Marvel or any company wanted to write Superman in that costume.For Tokyo Ghoul, I think it's only the coloring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah Jon and Kon shouldn’t have the trunks imo. That’s a Clark thing. I can give or take the trunks with him as well, but I am amused to see he’s reduced to just the cape, shield, and trunks. The core features one might say
    We need to always respect the red trunk. You can take his cape, change his shield, but trunk? it need to stay on.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, I'm so pumped for Future State ! So sad it'll only last two months...
    Too bad the SUPERMAN part of Future State can't just become the main line. It all looks so dope.

Initially I couldn't care less about Future State but I’m actually getting pretty excited about Superman: Worlds of War. Janin’s art looks amazing and I’m loving the John Carter/Planet Hulk vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Too bad the SUPERMAN part of Future State can't just become the main line. It all looks so dope.
    I hope that at the very least Jon will keep evolving toward his Superman of Metropolis persona. He looks awesome !

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Really? I think Jon looks like knock-off Superman that Marvel or any company wanted to write Superman in that costume.For Tokyo Ghoul, I think it's only the coloring.
    Marvel? lean physique that's reminiscent of spiderman and others. But, i don't sense any marvel vibes. I am not saying he looks like kaneki. But, more the character feels like he is from that world, you know. Especially, that artwork by john timm.Metropolis, new brainiac... Etc gives that vibe for me as well.

BANNED

Marvel? lean physique that's reminiscent of spiderman and others. But, i don't sense any marvel vibes. I am not saying he looks like kaneki. But, more the character feels like he is from that world, you know. Especially, that artwork by john timm.Metropolis, new brainiac... Etc gives that vibe for me as well.
    I mean Jon in that costume is like Hyperion from JMS verse. A standard costume for Superman pastiche. It's not really Marvel, but usually when they made Superman character, they just do it in spandex like Jon's Superman costume so to me it's not that appealing. I like his Legion costume more, because it reminds me of Howard Chaykin and JH Williams Jon book.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I mean Jon in that costume is like Hyperion from JMS verse.
    Hyperion always felt too much like captain marvel/shazam than Superman. Hyperion is bulkier, like superman. Jon is far too lean. But, that's just me.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-30-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Cape-less Jon is really great ! I hope he'll keep this look for a long time, and adopt it in the mainline after Future State. The more I see him in the art here, the more I like it.
    You know, I love Jon's LoSH look, complete with his own majestic take on the Superman cape. And yet I also love Jon's take on Superman as being sans a cape at all. That's surprising, since Jon with cape in LoSH looks so cool. And here he is, pulling of the cape-less Superman look. It's a simple change, but the artists are making it work visually.

I really am surprised, honestly.

Man, I'm so pumped for Future State ! So sad it'll only last two months...
    Only being two months long will never be able to sit with me as anything but wasted opportunities.

Astonishing Member

Nah, the cape is great. It's the underwear which are an eyesore.

At least for Super-Daddy.

But I think Jon's costume works better without it. It helps make him more modern than his dad and he looks great. Sleek, powerful, confident. Really, I dig this look.
    This might be why I am for Cape-less Superman Jon, even though I love his cool LoSH look, which comes sporting his take on the Superman Cape. With Jon's build that's unique from his dad's, a Cape-less look evokes what Korath described: sleekness, confidence, and ultimately powerfulness. Jon looks beautiful in that variant cover.

So Jon rocks that take. And I'm here for Cape-less Superman Jon.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-30-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think I threw up in my mouth a little at this thought.

Nothing of Future State has me excited. If anything, its making me more averse to DC as a whole, let alone individual characters. I understand why they put it out for two months, but those two months I'll be avoiding the comics as a whole. When the real main line comes back, then maybe I'll look into where things are going. But so much of this I feel either indifferent to, or straight up don't want it to exist, its kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This might be why I am for Cape-less Superman Jon, even though I love his cool LoSH look, which comes sporting his take on the Superman Cape. With Jon's build that's unique from his dad's, a Cape-less look evokes what Korath described: sleekness, confidence, and ultimately powerfulness. Jon looks beautiful in that variant cover.

So Jon rocks that take. And I'm here for Cape-less Superman Jon.
    It is definitively a good thing that DC has decided that adult Jon is not as physically imposing as his father. The same should be the choice for Damian, I think, even if the current adult version of hm as Ra's a'Ghul seems to have made this choice, albeit in a less obvious way than Future State Superman's book.

And World of Wars help cement the difference, with Clark being just damn massive in his book.

Doesn't Jon end up wearing a cape again by the time of Future State Justice League?
    Jon is seriously giving me a tokyo ghoul vibes with the hair, tone, colouring... Etc. Does anyone else feel it? (those who have read it)

Superman's new set of brother in arms look awesome superman being a gladiator always brings a smile to my face.
    I've seen this visual with Clark enough to where I don't really associate it with the Ghoul's. I guess I see some of the cover illustrations in there, if I had to, but that's about it.

Maybe some similarities with Jon and Kaneki (not a lot, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    You know, I love Jon's LoSH look, complete with his own majestic take on the Superman cape. And yet I also love Jon's take on Superman as being sans a cape at all. That's surprising, since Jon with cape in LoSH looks so cool. And here he is, pulling of the cape-less Superman look. It's a simple change, but the artists are making it work visually.

I really am surprised, honestly.

Only being two months long will never be able to sit with me as anything but wasted opportunities.
    I don't really care about the other Future State stories but I am pretty disappointed that World of War is only a two month thing. Plus Supes has to share the story with Shilo Norman and a new version of the Black Racer.