FUTURE STATE: KARA ZOR-EL, SUPERWOMAN #2
    written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
    art by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    cover by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 of 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

The moon colony built around Superwoman’s Fortress of Solitude is under siege! Shape-shifting aliens have come to this place of peace in search of Lynari, a refugee from their homeworld. It’s a bad move on the part of these intergalactic bad guys: if Kara Zor-El offers you sanctuary, there’s no way she’s going to let anyone get their monstrous hands on you. Let’s just hope this gamble is worth it, because Lynari’s secret—the one that got her in trouble in the first place—could mean bad news for everybody!

FUTURE STATE: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #2
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    card stock variant cover by IAN MaCDONALD
    ON SALE 2/23/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC

The unthinkable has happened: one of the Legionnaires has betrayed the entire galaxy! The United Planets is in ruins, the team has been scattered across the cosmos, and madness reigns on multiple worlds! Now the surviving Legionnaires are just discovering the real truth behind what has happened to their dream of a new age of heroes. Don’t miss this shocking twist 1,000 years in the making from the team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and visionary artist Riley Rossmo.

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN: HOUSE OF EL #1
    written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    card stock variant cover by JAY ANACLETO
    ONE-SHOT | ON SALE 2/23/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

Centuries into the future, the bloodline of Kal-El, the hero we know as Clark Kent, continues. Meet a new generation of Kryptonian heroes as they stand against one of the greatest threats they’ve ever faced: a diabolical foe called the Red King. Get ready for the unexpected debuts of the twins known as Rowan and Ronan Kent, descendants of Jonathan Kent. Rowan is the new Superman of Earth, while his sister is a Blue Lantern. Also on board are Theand’r Ban-El, whose mother was Tamaranean, and other heroes—all led by the original Man of Steel himself! Plus, don’t miss an appearance by the Black Racer!

See how the future of the Superman Family comes together in this wild, extra-size special!

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN OF METROPOLIS #2
    “Superman of Metropolis” written by SEAN LEWIS
    “Superman of Metropolis” art by JOHN TIMMS
    “The Guardian” written by SEAN LEWIS
    “The Guardian” art by CULLY HAMNER
    “Mister Miracle” written by BRANDON EASTON
    “Mister Miracle” art by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    card stock variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    ON SALE 2/2/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $6.99 US

Braincells, the advanced offshoot of the diabolical Brainiac, continues to lure Jonathan Kent down the wrong path—but things go from bad to this can’t get any worse when it appears it has also taken some manner of control over Supergirl! If the Kryptonians clash, nothing will be able to protect the bottled city of Metropolis!

Meanwhile, inside the bottle itself, the Guardian is doing everything he can to stop the city from destroying itself from within, while Mister Miracle has discovered the trail of a strange signal that he doesn’t realize will take him to Warworld.

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN VS. IMPERIOUS LEX #2
    written by MARK RUSSELL
    art by STEVE PUGH
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    card stock variant cover by SKAN
    ON SALE 2/23/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 3 | FC | DC

It’s really happening: Lexor has joined the United Planets! While surveying, Lois Lane and Superman discover that the planet is rich in minerals, causing Lex Luthor to try and exit the federation to make a pretty penny! Realizing he can’t leave without agreement from Earth, he imprisons Lois Lane, then whips up the propaganda machine against Superman. Now the power couple must work together to break free and stop Luthor’s plans! But how can they fight a whole planet that’s designed to hate them?

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN VS. IMPERIOUS LEX #3
    written by MARK RUSSELL
    art by STEVE PUGH
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    card stock variant cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    ON SALE 3/30/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 3 OF 3 | FC | DC

Could the last days of Lexor be here already? Thanks to Lex Luthor’s greed, his adopted home is on the brink of financial and planetary ruin after leaving the United Planets. Now it’s up to Superman to act as a champion of these people and show them there’s a way through all of this. Will Lex stand down? Or is this the final showdown? The future of Lexor depends on it!

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by DAN WATTERS
    art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    card stock variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC

Our heroes have challenged the gods themselves to a test of bravery for the fate of the Earth. But gods are notorious cheaters, and with Superman’s powers in flux, it falls to Wonder Woman to face down the sun itself! A utopian future awaits—but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World’s Finest Heroes!

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN: WORLDS OF WAR #2
    “Superman: Worlds of War” written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    “Superman: Worlds of War” art by MIKEL JANíN
    “Midnighter” written by MICHAEL W. CONRAD and BECKY CLOONAN
    “Midnighter” art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    “Black Racer” written by JEREMY ADAMS
    “Black Racer” art by SIYA OUM
    “Mister Miracle” written by BRANDON EASTON
    “Mister Miracle” art by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
    cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    card stock variant cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 2/16/21 | $7.99 US | 64 PAGES
    2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $8.99 US

Meet the rising champion of the gladiatorial pits of Warworld: Superman! The Man of Steel is still down in the pits duking it out with Mongul’s hordes and working his way up to the big boss himself. But since it’s Superman, there has to be more to this than a simple determination to win the title belt, right? Yes, because he’s also got Midnighter out there on a mission to chase down a dangerous new power source...but the man standing in his way is all too familiar.

Plus, the Black Racer smashes her way to freedom, and Mister Miracle, now trapped on Warworld himself, has to find his way back to the bottle city of Metropolis—and his only mode of transportation is a busted Boom Tube!

Covers and variants can be seen here: https://www.ign.com/articles/future-...-february-2021

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So many exciting books, house of el in particular sounds really interesting. Also, it's still weird to me future state doesn't seem to have any particular beginning or ending main titles. I suppose it's just death metal's ending epilogue and whatever the DC omniverse one shot is that will bridge all of these series.

It's still ticking me off that Conner Kent isn't considered enough of a family member to get out in the solicits with everyone else with a S on their chest.

Respect for Kon

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Legacy of superman.

Finally, some struggle and physicality. Supes seems to be really cut up.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-13-2020 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

One question, it is known why an immortal man (superman) who gets stronger over time, now he grows old and seems weaker
    Last edited by NaVi; 11-13-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    One question, it is known why an immortal man (superman) who gets stronger over time, now he grows old and seems weaker
    A lot of people don't like the idea of Lois dying and Superman carrying on forever without her. Also he have a son, and the idea of a Superman legacy in the future is present since the introduction of the Legion, and having Superman around kind of negates why the Legion would go to the past to meet him.

And, apparently DC have decided to invest on Wonder Woman as their immortal hero who sees the end of times, it gives her a new niche and since her supporting cast is no even close to be as integral to her mythology as Superman's, it's easier to write them out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    A lot of people don't like the idea of Lois dying and Superman carrying on forever without her. Also he have a son, and the idea of a Superman legacy in the future is present since the introduction of the Legion, and having Superman around kind of negates why the Legion would go to the past to meet him.

And, apparently DC have decided to invest on Wonder Woman as their immortal hero who sees the end of times, it gives her a new niche and since her supporting cast is no even close to be as integral to her mythology as Superman's, it's easier to write them out.
    1: A few months ago he was immortal and now not, I just want him to decide at once
    2: Superman absorbs energy, therefore, an 80-year-old superman is stronger than a 20-year-old, this ability to absorb energy and become more strong is one of the bases of his powers.
    All of this aside, the gladiator superman is something I've been wanting to see for a while, I hope he's up to the task.

Literally everything looks good. This is the most excited I’ve felt for the Superbooks in a while.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Literally everything looks good. This is the most excited I’ve felt for the Superbooks in a while.
    The Superman future State books look very interesting. Keeping an eye out for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To be honest, I am still holding my breath here, because I don't want to be dissapointed with Superbooks again.

BANNED

the superman gladiator design is impressive, but with the kratos skirt it would be perfect.

Thoughts:

- I'm curious how this House of El book will play off what Bendis has been setting up in the future.

- Look, Kara's wearing pants. PANTS! Happy now ?

- Legion looks really random.

- I wasn't expecting Imperius Lex to become a Superman story (or at least for Superman to end up the lead). Looks like it's super late in the timeline given how old Lois and Clark look.

- Midnight vs Apollo?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I'm curious how this House of El book will play off what Bendis has been setting up in the future.

- Look, Kara's wearing pants. PANTS! Happy now ?

- Legion looks really random.

- I wasn't expecting Imperius Lex to become a Superman story (or at least for Superman to end up the lead). Looks like it's super late in the timeline given how old Lois and Clark look.

- Midnight vs Apollo?
    Kara's costume is the only thing about future state that doesnt appeal to me... im really excited for this event... but she's wearing a jetsons inspired outfit

Astonishing Member

1: A few months ago he was immortal and now not, I just want him to decide at once
    2: Superman absorbs energy, therefore, an 80-year-old superman is stronger than a 20-year-old, this ability to absorb energy and become more strong is one of the bases of his powers.
    All of this aside, the gladiator superman is something I've been wanting to see for a while, I hope he's up to the task.
    I don't think him being immortal was set in stone as the only outcome of his future. Yes there's been stories about that but there have also been stories where he grows old. Additionally, aging for Superman has never been synonymous with growing weak, he's grown stronger. Nothing's changed. Since FS is billed as possible future and not THE future, tomorrow, a new writer could decide to write something different.

Because he isn't immortal. Otherwise, he never would have aged.