Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Superman has run the range from
    1. Ages like a normal human (Several Pre-Crisis stories)
    2. Doesn’t age at all (DC One Million, DKR Superman)
    3. Ages but at a slower rate compared to humans (Kingdom Come, Future State, DCTV)

They’re all valid takes imo depending on what the story calls for. I prefer a slower rate of aging myself, but I’m open to any of the three.

I do love that we’re finally getting some Superman Dynasty stories with House of El though. PKJ put a ton of worldbuilding in his Tales of the Dark Multiverse one shot, and I really enjoyed that, so I’m very hopeful that he also does a good job here. The questions remains though: what’s going to happen to all the FS guys if this is a hit? Especially now with what’s going on at DC? If PKJ or Sean Lewis or Dan Watters really knocks it out of the park will they get more work? Just irritates me all the more that DC is apparently planning to give both Superman books to one person again. Even if it is Waid or Yang which I think I would like (God help me if it’s Taylor), I still think someone else should get a book. Johnson, Watters, Lewis, Wielgosz, Thomas, for the first time in a while there’s a bunch of new people I would love to see on Superman. Still hoping to see Mark Russel do a big Superman project as well, especially with how cool his Imperious Lex mini looks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If you can't stomach that people make tough choices. Then that's on you. I didn't move any goal posts. I said from the start. Your whole tactic is basically this, calling a Conservative a nazi. Plain and simple. Enjoy doing that. Hope it works out for ya.
    There was nothing "tough" about what Damien did with the Spook. The goal post were moved, actually. First Damien was being defended then he was compared to any super-hero who remotely did anything resembling killing someone as if they are all the same. Wow. It did, that's why Batman scolded Damien for committing murder, it's why he doesn't decapitate any criminals in his sight any longer.

Vigilante, shining knight, katana,green arrow, wonder woman, aquaman, captain america ... Etc the list is pretty long. Correction, you are discussing morality. I ain't, i am talking personality and kickass mentality of an action hero. Just because there is some deconstructionist take on the pulp goldenage superman like the authority, doesn't mean they are one and the same. That is a vision and take based on the goldenage superman. Just like byrne superman is another take on s&s superman or donner superman . That's like saying doctor manhattan is captain atom.You either don't get it Or simply want boyscout nice guy superman is playing the dumb person. That's fine.all the power to you. We can agree to disagree. I don't like a guy that's stick in the mud. Finally, the guy comes of fake with his preaching things like that.
    Didn't kill anyone in the DCAU. Which Katana? In the DCEU she's portrayed as an emotionally damaged psycho, and she has versions which don't kill. Green Arrow flip-flops on killing in the Arrow 'verse, and many, many versions of him don't. Cap, Aquaman and Diana only kill as a last resort, they don't murder any criminals on the spot. They're not the Punisher. Discussing the tactics about how super-heroes tackle crime is discussing morality. The Authority was a deconstruction of the super-hero genre, especially comics, not the Golden Age. They were in the era of Michael Bay in cinemas and the early 2000's. You'd love it. What is based on Golden Age Superman? Black Adam? How so? I prefer a nice Superman, but I'm ok with making him more contemporary. That's why I was excited for Man of Steel, instead they fumbled that attempt. How does he comes off as fake? Which versions of that? It's so vague you could be talking about Siegel and Shuster's comics to Future State.

Finally, I don't care if you care. Modern superheroes stories are all basically the same nonesense over and over again. Same dogma. "if superman kills joker, he becomes space hitler" . Forgive me, i find it to be bullshit. You can have your opinion. But, i firmly believe. The antiquited pre enlightenment religious dogma needs to be put to a rest. Grown up Jon kent being stuck with that kinda nonsense wouldn't be good.
    Why is that nonsense? It's not like there isn't a spectrum of stories to read. But that only occurs in non-canon stories like Injustice, and even that evil Superman is just another universe's like Justice Lord Superman, a good Superman is there to fight him. And it's not like there haven't been stories where Superman's killed before but it was nothing like what Damien did.

Instead Jon should murder every criminal he should come across? No thanks.

Yeah! Yeah! You basically completely ignored action comics pages. Moreover, the movie ain't out yet so your idea of black adam being a douche is from your preconceived notions from comics.That might not be true when it comes to the movie. Snyder's superman being douche??? Yeah! I don't see it. The guy is perfectly polite. Heck! He doesn't even talk. I have said this superman ain't your notion of black adam. End of story. period. Superman is more zorro, doc savage, tarzan, hugo danner and harold Lloyd. If that's too edgy for you then too bad. But, that's the way i like him. Moreover, clark persona is fake. Byrne made it real and superman the act.Doesn't mean originally it wasn't "disguised as mild mannered reporter clark kent" . Good day.
    I ignored it because it proved nothing. The promos are heavily referencing the comics he's in, and his personality matches that exactly. Black Adam being a douche its why he's engaging and Johnson is channeling the douchiness like a champ. I know, we've had many discussions about that subject. But the argument was that you wanted a Superman to act like Black Adam in the promos.
    Do you know who those characters are? You're free to like Superman however you want, I'm talking about how Superman actually is in the material. Isn't the fact that you think it's fake bad? Wouldn't Byrne making it real be an improvement?

Mighty Member

Generation Forged and Superman 561 with Dominos.I suspect superman 561 will get more in demand

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Do you know who those characters are? You're free to like Superman however you want, I'm talking about how Superman actually is in the material. Isn't the fact that you think it's fake bad? Wouldn't Byrne making it real be an improvement?
    you ignored the example of the kind of superman i like.yet,you want to debate.So what? morrison's action comics superman is a douche for ya?well,have fun with that opinion.we will just have to disagree.
    if rock was being a douche then more than 50 percent people i meet would be as well.As if being confident or charismatic is equivalent to being douche.People have wierd ideas.
    this is a lol worthy response.You aren't talking about superman from the material.not even close.from our long agonising conversations,You are talking about either jesus or gandhi in a cape and tights.Even all star superman actually punches assholes.Nah!superman being naive guy,out of touch guy?i will pass.if you like that stuff why don't you like dceu superman.snyder did the same.Watch how donner's clark kent act and how snyder's clark kent acts.

this is siegel and shuster clark kent and superman dichtonomy.Byrne basically killed that duality.He made superman and clark kent one.Snyder does the same.This isn't clark kent talking,this is superman.Yet,snyder has him wear glasses and talking straight.Clark kent would be alot more nervous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snzSAsS_42s
    btw,the duality is also from zorro.BLand is bad.having complexity is good.But,i must admit the working class guy fighting for the poor did come through in the snyder clark kent clip.
    "What?poor people don't buy papers?"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-14-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman has run the range from
    1. Ages like a normal human (Several Pre-Crisis stories)
    2. Doesn’t age at all (DC One Million, DKR Superman)
    3. Ages but at a slower rate compared to humans (Kingdom Come, Future State, DCTV)

They’re all valid takes imo depending on what the story calls for. I prefer a slower rate of aging myself, but I’m open to any of the three.

I do love that we’re finally getting some Superman Dynasty stories with House of El though. PKJ put a ton of worldbuilding in his Tales of the Dark Multiverse one shot, and I really enjoyed that, so I’m very hopeful that he also does a good job here. The questions remains though: what’s going to happen to all the FS guys if this is a hit? Especially now with what’s going on at DC? If PKJ or Sean Lewis or Dan Watters really knocks it out of the park will they get more work? Just irritates me all the more that DC is apparently planning to give both Superman books to one person again. Even if it is Waid or Yang which I think I would like (God help me if it’s Taylor), I still think someone else should get a book. Johnson, Watters, Lewis, Wielgosz, Thomas, for the first time in a while there’s a bunch of new people I would love to see on Superman. Still hoping to see Mark Russel do a big Superman project as well, especially with how cool his Imperious Lex mini looks.
    Either the writers get more work or they're allowed to continue their Future State comics under its own imprint. At least that's what I think could reasonably happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either the writers get more work or they're allowed to continue their Future State comics under its own imprint. At least that's what I think could reasonably happen.
    I hope you’re right. All the editors being let go make me question how many books DC can feasibly put out though. Would really suck if someone does well but can’t get a book because there aren’t enough to go around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    you ignored the example of the kind of superman i like.yet,you want to debate.So what? morrison's action comics superman is a douche for ya?well,have fun with that opinion.we will just have to disagree.
    Morrison's Superman is good now? It wasn't until I bought that up in our conversations he became a version of value in your arguments. His Superman is douchier than regular Superman but he's friendly compared to Black Adam.

if rock was being a douche then more than 50 percent people i meet would be as well.As if being confident or charismatic is equivalent to being douche.People have wierd ideas.
    this is a lol worthy response.You aren't talking about superman from the material.not even close.from our long agonising conversations,You are talking about either jesus or gandhi in a cape and tights.Even all star superman actually punches assholes.Nah!superman being naive guy,out of touch guy?i will pass.if you like that stuff why don't you like dceu superman.snyder did the same.Watch how donner's clark kent act and how snyder's clark kent acts.

this is siegel and shuster clark kent and superman dichtonomy.Byrne basically killed that duality.He made superman and clark kent one.Snyder does the same.This isn't clark kent talking,this is superman.Yet,snyder has him wear glasses and talking straight.Clark kent would be alot more nervous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snzSAsS_42s
    btw,the duality is also from zorro.BLand is bad.having complexity is good.But,i must admit the working class guy fighting for the poor did come through in the snyder clark kent clip.
    "What?poor people don't buy papers?"
    Black Adam isn't confident, he's arrogant. He's a dictator with Superman's powers who only cares about his own opinion and is fine with executing people. Yeah, all that is being a douche, that's his charm. He's not about truth or justice, he's about doing whatever he wants with no accountability. Sure I am, I'm not talking about an exaggerated version of the Golden Age or Snyder's disaster. The character which appears in many comics outside Action Comics. Why would you like All-Star Superman? He's got more in common with regular Superman than Black Adam. He's the antithesis of Black Adam. Negative generalisations about Superman from cultural osmosis are far too thin to take seriously, especially with no evidence. We've gone over why I don't like Snyder's before, don't pretend like this isn't information already known. Snyder's Clark is nothing like Reeves, he also badly connected narratively to Cavill's Superman. They may as well be seperate characters with how they're unconnected emotionally.

It's very telling how majority of my post was ignored.

This just feels like an anime filler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This just feels like an anime filler
    Lol, that's actually really mean, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, that's actually really mean, dude.
    You know it to be true!! They can be interesting though. Like that DBZ episode were Piccolo and Goku learn to drive, but no relevant to the overall plot.

BANNED

You know it to be true!! They can be interesting though. Like that DBZ episode were Piccolo and Goku learn to drive, but no relevant to the overall plot.
    I think the better example will be G7 arc by One Piece rather than that episode. It's so good that most fans say it as canon

I think the better example will be G7 arc by One Piece rather than that episode. It's so good that most fans say it as canon
    I only got as far as Alabasta. So I don't know what that is.

BANNED

I only got as far as Alabasta. So I don't know what that is.
    Hahaha, give it a try. It's one of the best filler in anime.

Hahaha, give it a try. It's one of the best filler in anime.
    IDk it seems like One Piece is one of those anime that drags on. Oda really should end it.

BANNED

IDk it seems like One Piece is one of those anime that drags on. Oda really should end it.
    Well, the problem is Oda himself loves writing One Piece so much, he doesn't want to end it. If he is immortal and have the stamina of Superman, he will never stop writing it. But, according to recent interview with his current editors, Oda will finish this manga in 5 years as long as he doesn't get any idea.