Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm actually pretty excited for Superman World of War, maybe is Mikel Janin art that makes everything looks awesome. Maybe is that for years I think that a perfect movie for Superman would be something in John Carter style.
    Yeah I’ve no clue what people are whining about. This looks fun! That said this has obviously been heavily retooled from what Didio originally had planned, so no idea if I would’ve liked the original 5G.

But Gladiator Superman fighting through Warworld sounds badass. Exile was great and I hope this will be too.

BANNED

Too bad it's not canon, the best thing that could happen to Superman is to leave the boring metropolis and the Pope's speeches far behind, see a superman like a gladiator, a superman who fights and is not a hero just because he's lucky have powers, Jon and metropolis to do what they want, metropolis has not contributed anything for a long time, so Jon to stay with metropolis, superman with the rest of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’ve no clue what people are whining about. This looks fun! That said this has obviously been heavily retooled from what Didio originally had planned, so no idea if I would’ve liked the original 5G.

But Gladiator Superman fighting through Warworld sounds badass. Exile was great and I hope this will be too.
    Here hoping the Superman & Lois writers see this and take inspiration, maybe season 2 or 3, have Superman in Warworld and the kids on Earth.

Everything Superman's done for them and they just exile Clark from Earth .

Kara's finally Superwoman. I guess they'll probably give her the pants people seem very focused on her wearing.

I see a Super with a cape and a Super without a cape while Clark goes all T-shirt and jeans. Does Jon ditch the cape only for Conner to start wearing it?

Astonishing Member

I'm excited for the event as its own thing (you know, rather than some sort of long-term status quo change). I think if cool concepts are introduced they can work toward some of them anyway, yeah? But what I'm most excited about here is the inclusion of Mister Miracle and Black Racer as part of just the core Superman books. Fourth World stuff might have existed "sort of" apart from Superman stuff, but was always Metropolis-centric and the goings on would always be interesting to see from those strange, strange perspectives.

Kara's all white costume is rad, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Edna said it years ago yet people still try and make it a thing it's tragic Jon can be he who sets the standard!
    I never understood why that’s a problem. Superman and co. are too strong, fast, and durable for that to even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Kara's all white costume is rad, too.
    Now that I see it, it looks like someone was taking influence from She-Ra.

Went from The Bat Family solicits for this (which almost all sounded bad) to now the Super Family and see Fake Jon being proven to be the Earth 3 version (evil). So, that's one thing at least.

Now to make it through 2 months without comics before the real stuff comes out. Which will, hopefully, be better than this.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The whole Superman corner of this looks great!

Wasn't Lex cured of the Imperius Lex stuff? Does he still have that?

And is Superman using the Fleischer logo on his suit now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Here hoping the Superman & Lois writers see this and take inspiration, maybe season 2 or 3, have Superman in Warworld and the kids on Earth.
    Haha that would great but I dunno if they’ve got the budget for that. Would love to see it.

I’ve done some deeper look at Johnson’s work. His Empyre Cap tie-ins were incredibly boring, so he’s the only real downside to all this. I’ve heard The Last God is good though, so hopefully he turns in something entertaining here at the very least. But Russel, Yang, and Watters have all done great work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The whole Superman corner of this looks great!
    I agree. I'm looking forward to reading most of these books.

Guess I'll be saving my money in January from my usual DC purchases. None of the Future State solicits have me interested in them.

Sean Lewis is a bit of an unknown too, looks like this is his first Big 2 work? He’s seemingly only done indies before.

I LOVE the no cape look! That’s just a great look to me. Not a cape fan.