Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of new future state art here: https://comic-watch.com/news/first-l...-event-preview

The artist doing interiors for Superman/Wonder Woman may be my favorite adult Jon artist yet!

Really like the feel of Metropolis I’ve been seeing so far. Cyberpunk in FS JL and solarpunk here (which feels like a carry over from Bendis).
    I wonder if come March, some of the announced books will be Wildstorm ones? Lee seems to be making one last attempt with Grifter & Halo in Batman and Midnighter is now a backup in Superman. Just need Zealot in WW now lol.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I love the look of Metropolis, the art isn't my favorite. Not bad, but I'm not in love either. Jon's face feels too small for his head. The Yara segment behind the link is awesome, though. Is Jon working at the Planet like his parents? It makes some sense given who they are, but I was kind of hoping he'd do something different. Like a first responder or something.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-05-2020 at 12:10 PM.

I'm glad Jon can still have fun .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I love the look of Metropolis, the art isn't my favorite. Not bad, but I'm not in love either. Jon's face feels too small for his head. The Yara segment behind the link is awesome, though. Is Jon working at the Planet like his parents? It makes some sense given who they are, but I was kind of hoping he'd do something different. Like a first responder or something.
    I'd be just happy to see him have some kind of dayjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad Jon can still have fun .

I'd be just happy to see him have some kind of dayjob.
    Yeah, I'm pretty tired of "superhero all the time." I loved that Dinah was a florist. It was neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was hoping they wouldn’t make Jon a reporter, but they’ve leaned so hard into making him Clark Jr. at this point, I’ve accepted it. I think it’s a dumb idea because I doubt any kind of journalism we have right now will still be around in a couple decades, so that will date Jon even harder than Clark’s fedoras

Ok so far the FS teams seem to be carrying over into March. I feel like it’s a safe bet that PKJ and Sean Lewis are the top choices for the writers on the mainline books come March. Seems like none of the old guard except for Tynion on Batman will be taking over.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-05-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Krypto’s dead? RIP pooch.

Supergirl Future State honestly sounds amazing, everything I wanted done with Supergirl: focus on cosmic stuff, focus on her alieness, show how Kara can help in ways Kal can’t or won’t, etc. Very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

No, not Krypto!

I dunno, I'm not really sure how I feel about Kara in this. Maybe it's just Marguerite Savage's art but she looks like a skinnier version of Faith from Valiant and more like a matron than a Superhero (although I appreciate them keeping the skirt).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, not Krypto!

I dunno, I'm not really sure how I feel about Kara in this. Maybe it's just Marguerite Savage's art but she looks like a skinnier version of Faith from Valiant and more like a matron than a Superhero.
    Her status quo is definitely wild and not at all something you’d see with “normal” Kara (although maybe Bennett will be writing a relaunched Supergirl so that could change). But she is “Superwoman” now, so looking older doesn’t feel odd to me. Isn’t there another artist on FS Superwoman as well or am I imagining that?

What kind of person puts Krypto in the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Her status quo is definitely wild and not at all something you’d see with “normal” Kara (although maybe Bennett will be writing a relaunched Supergirl so that could change). But she is “Superwoman” now, so looking older doesn’t feel odd to me. Isn’t there another artist on FS Superwoman as well or am I imagining that?
    I don't really mind her looking older so much as how they're making her look older...but I guess I appreciate that they went with something more unique (if a little retro) and feminine than just "oh, she's wearing pants now, she's totally grown up."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of new future state art here: https://comic-watch.com/news/first-l...-event-preview

The artist doing interiors for Superman/Wonder Woman may be my favorite adult Jon artist yet!

I really don't like the cape.

I can't tell if Jon comes out of the Daily Planet building or another near it. The plate seems to indicate he was at home but it's hard to tell.

One thing is sure however, he looks better without the cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I can't tell if Jon comes out of the Daily Planet building or another near it. The plate seems to indicate he was at home but it's hard to tell.

One thing is sure however, he looks better without the cape.
    The artist isnt the best...

Agree with you about the cape.

This modern day fad of giving superman these weird non-belts is really annoying. Give him a real belt or like anything other then these really dainty odd disconnected belts... always been a pet peeve of mine... what is the logic of these odd waist wraps

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    The artist isnt the best...

Agree with you about the cape.

This modern day fad of giving superman these weird non-belts is really annoying. Give him a real belt or like anything other then these really dainty odd disconnected belts... always been a pet peeve of mine... what is the logic of these odd waist wraps
    Breaking up the blue mostly, so it doesn’t look like a onesie.