Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Huh, I expected to find it dull, but I actually do like it? Funny how they immediately position Andrej Trojan as more Lex than Lex himself, liked the way they're presenting Jon's position in this world, and the referenced final battle with Brainiac kind of hyped me up for whatever will happen after Jon takes over one of the books.
    I don't know if a Jon book in the present-day could really replicate this, but I guess that might be the intention.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if a Jon book in the present-day could really replicate this, but I guess that might be the intention.
    It's never going to get to this point, but "Jon and Kara fight against Brainiac, ending up with Kara incinerating the dude, after which some villanious supergenius builts something from the remains" sounds like something they could credibly do. Especially since they're establishing as something that happened early in Jon's run, which the same people responsible for this are most likely going to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    It's never going to get to this point, but "Jon and Kara fight against Brainiac, ending up with Kara incinerating the dude, after which some villanious supergenius builts something from the remains" sounds like something they could credibly do. Especially since they're establishing as something that happened early in Jon's run, which the same people responsible for this are most likely going to write.
    Suddenly Brainiac being on the teaser for the next wave of the Superman titles feels more relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Lettered preview of Sueprman Future State issue 1: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...-metropolis-1/
    Not this Jon already showing more personality in 3 pages than Bendis version which had 2 years of content!

I’m feeling more and more excited for Future State. Are we just going to keep this thread for discussion or make separate ones?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This would have been a cool pet,since krypto is gone.too bad it's a child.Hopefully,jon gets a monkey.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Superman/Wonder Woman looks great. Superwoman... is kind of weirding me out with how much Kara credits Krypto for everything (and I can't shake the feeling that the only reason he's dead is because a superdog with a cape is too silly for Future State, yo), but otherwise looks great.

I don't know whether it's sweet or sad that Krypto had such a profound effect on Kara. Anyone remember Streaky? Kara sure apparently doesn't, although the new character/creature looks like a mix of Comet and Streaky.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know whether it's sweet or sad that Krypto had such a profound effect on Kara. Anyone remember Streaky? Kara sure apparently doesn't, although the new character/creature looks like a mix of Comet and Streaky.
    It doesn't look like a horse from any angle.It looks like a white version of toothless from how to train your dragon or a fox even .Speaking of,It feels rather japanese yokai about kitsune
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It doesn't look like a horse from any angle.It looks like a white version of toothless from how to train your dragon or a fox even .Speaking of,It feels rather japanese yokai about kitsune
    I know it doesn't look like a horse, I was thinking more in terms of transforming, being white and majestic, and being big enough to ride.

To me they look more like Falkor from NeverEnding Story.

Incredible Member

It's more a dog-like dragon, like Falkor from The Never-Ending Story.

EDIT: ah, too late.