Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's nice seeing a superman/wonder woman team up here, I wonder if Jon and the new WW will be a couple in the future?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's nice seeing a superman/wonder woman team up here, I wonder if Jon and the new WW will be a couple in the future?
    If you ask me,superman/ww and superman/batman thing is boring and done to death.Time for some new dynamics.

Well i have been thinking that reversing the secret identity would be the hardest part of Bendis's changes to reverse. Especially since they were seemingly going for the narrative that it was a healthy choice for our hero that doesn't actually endanger his friends and family because reasons and some handwaved excuses. Doing so undermines the stakes of the SI concept, so even if they did flashpoint the reveal. That would only make readers question why he doesn't re-reveal it if we just saw it played out as a good thing.

So if they are planning on rebotteling that genie, they'd kind of have to make things go horribly wrong as a direct result of the public identity. See Peter Parker and Wally West. So i guess we shouldn't be surprised if Clark is farrying a lot worse than his friends in this possible future.

Incredible Member

Well if they couldn't get Clark and Diana to stick, this would be the next best thing especially since this was supposed to go much longer than 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If you ask me,superman/ww and superman/batman thing is boring and done to death.Time for some new dynamics.
    I absolutely agree that something new would be better. And the new teen teams don't always need to be from the main families. Of course, I'm not really a Legacy person, either. But I'm also not a huge fan of two primaries from different families (in any ongoings, not one-offs) dating because then different editorial teams control each character, and it's going to end up a mess. I miss heroes having civilian supporting casts, too. I love some superhero couples, but they can date outside of work, too, you know. No reason to ship any two just because of "family" though.

Don't get re wrong, I loved the friendships between Dick and Donna. I shipped Kon and Cassie. But then they repeat the (sometimes) BFF thing with Tim and Kon and then Damian and Jon, and I'd really like to see it different. Let's have the Super be BFFs with Green Lantern and the Wonder with the Flash member and the Bat be BFFs with some new one entirely. Or even really shake things up and have them be on a team and none of them be the leader.

Of course, if they would just (and they won't, for unfortunately valid business reasons) move away from so many legacies and spinoff characters, I'd enjoy that.

Well if they couldn't get Clark and Diana to stick, this would be the next best thing especially since this was supposed to go much longer than 2 months.
    Oh yeah, and I also hate the idea of Diana dating either Clark or Bruce, and I admit that.

Would it be too on the nose if they end the book making out?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would it be too on the nose if they end the book making out?
    Well, it's only 2 issues and then we possibly won't see these characters again so I could see something like that happening. Unless they still have Jon in a relationship with saturn girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They even took a knock at all the evil Superman's .
    You love to see it.
    The childish thing to do with Superman that every boy who wants to tear the wings off flies would do is try to tear him down or make him evil," said Rich
    No surprise Tom Taylor’s not involved with this then
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, I wish this was the status quo for the Superman books going forward. Lois Lane as the PotUP, Superman as a galactic champion, Jon as Superman on Earth putting people in bottles to keep them safe (and all the moral trappings that comes with). Sounds brilliant.

Like a big ole tapestry to tell knock out story after knock out story on. Maybe I'm getting too excited here? I'll see myself out.
    I have high hopes for this! They’re saying all the right things and I’m extremely interested in exploring this status quo for two months. However I totally think that 5G as Didio envisioned it would’ve been much worse than this, so I’m still sorta glad it changed. The interesting ideas here could also be botched by terrible execution, we’ve certainly seen that before with Superman sadly (New Krypton). But hey if this does well, maybe they’ll spin it off as it’s own separate universe?

It'd be cool if they could eventually work out three imprints. You got your main verse, the established vets. Classic status quos. Print books. Then you got your future imprint. New legacies for everyone, new status quos. Digital only/first. Then you got your reboot imprint. Classic characters starting anew. Familiar status quos, just with opportunities to veer in new directions. Digital only/first. Probably a pipe dream but if at all possible I think it would really scratch the optimal amounts of itch.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It'd be cool if they could eventually work out three imprints. You got your main verse, the established vets. Classic status quos. Print books. Then you got your future imprint. New legacies for everyone, new status quos. Digital only/first. Then you got your reboot imprint. Classic characters starting anew. Familiar status quos, just with opportunities to veer in new directions. Digital only/first. Probably a pipe dream but if at all possible I think it would really scratch the optimal amounts of itch.
    I was literally about to post the same thing

Yeah I think that set up would be perfect. Let the digital imprint Fraction and Zdarsky are rumored to be doing be the “young guns” with an unmarried Superman where Lois doesn’t know his secret identity, Batman is solo and maybe has Dick as his Robin, Diana is with Steve and is just arriving in Man’s World in the modern day, etc. Basically New 52 done right.

Then the mainline with married Superman & Lois with a young Jon Kent, Batman & Catwoman married with a young Damian to go Super Soning with Jon and baby Helena, Hal and Carol, Arthur and Mera, etc. Basically kind of the “middle aged” group. You could have Dick end up taking over for Bats and Conner doing the same for Clark if you want, or you could have them share the mantles. Basically a middle ground.

Then Future State, where because of all the alternate futures in play you can do what you want. Jon as Superman, Luke Fox as Batman, Jo as the main GL, etc. But you could also do books where Kenan Kong is the main Superman, Damian is Batman, basically feel free to experiment with different leads.

That would be cool, though I doubt DC would ever do it. But I guess it depends on how this sells.

So, Superman becomes disliked by the people of Earth on a level that makes him think he can't continue to act as the planet's hero and start operate on space.

Yet Lois is still able to be Earth's representative on the United Planets? How? I hope they don't split.

Also why would the people of Earth acept Jon if the don't acept Clark?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Is this like a Possible Future/Multiverse thing?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Is this like a Possible Future/Multiverse thing?
    Yeerrrrrp. Just a couple months of What-Ifs. Leftover remnants of Didio's 5G idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeerrrrrp. Just a couple months of What-Ifs. Leftover remnants of Didio's 5G idea.
    You can tell it's a Didio thing because of how it tortures Titans past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    You can tell it's a Didio thing because of how it tortures Titans past and present.
    And normally I'd hate that, but the fact that it's not gonna be the status quo going forward makes me kind of interested in this Future State Titans story.