Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, Superman becomes disliked by the people of Earth on a level that makes him think he can't continue to act as the planet's hero and start operate on space.

Yet Lois is still able to be Earth's representative on the United Planets? How? I hope they don't split.

Also why would the people of Earth acept Jon if the don't acept Clark?
    Jon's half human for one and two the human race thrives off hate and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Look no further than that absolutely ridiculous period in Marvel history where people still hated mutants but were lining up in droves for the chance to become an Inhuman. Aka Diet Mutants.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The Superman Future Slate stuff actually feels interesting. I'm glad that Clark being gone and Jon being a new Superman isn't going to be the status quo going forward,but for a two month event? I'm cool with it. Especially the idea of Clark on Warworld battling Mongul as a gladiator.

Hmm...Superman in Exile and fighting Mongul on Warworld....now where have I heard that before?hmmm...

Also...my early prediction based on the solicits and the interview with the Superman editor...the secret identity reveal isn't immediately going away in March...but I wager that the events of Future Slate and possible knowledge of those events by Clark and or Jon in present day may be the start of somehow putting it all back in the bottle by the end of 2021.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-15-2020 at 05:42 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Why is no one bringing up Conner is on the suicide squad team?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Mainly because it got mentioned in the announcement for Future State that Suicide Squad has to do with Earth-3 so I’m not 100% positive that is in fact Conner.

Edit: Never mind apparently that really is Conner, just read an interview on Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-15-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Mainly because it got mentioned in the announcement for Future State that Suicide Squad has to do with Earth-3 so I’m not 100% positive that is in fact Conner.

Edit: Never mind apparently that really is Conner, just read an interview on Suicide Squad.

Where is the interview?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The plot stuff sounds a little odd, but I'm fine with it ultimately being an excuse to try something new. Russell and Pugh? Sure.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where is the interview?

https://www.cbr.com/dc-suicide-squad-conner-kent/

So it's on earth 3
    But
    It's our bad guys like clayface and black Adam (even though I don't recognize him anywhere on the cover)
    But waller somehow uses them to take over the world
    But
    Somehow Conner is screwed because of this

Give me more info folks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was literally about to post the same thing

Yeah I think that set up would be perfect. Let the digital imprint Fraction and Zdarsky are rumored to be doing be the “young guns” with an unmarried Superman where Lois doesn’t know his secret identity, Batman is solo and maybe has Dick as his Robin, Diana is with Steve and is just arriving in Man’s World in the modern day, etc. Basically New 52 done right.

Then the mainline with married Superman & Lois with a young Jon Kent, Batman & Catwoman married with a young Damian to go Super Soning with Jon and baby Helena, Hal and Carol, Arthur and Mera, etc. Basically kind of the “middle aged” group. You could have Dick end up taking over for Bats and Conner doing the same for Clark if you want, or you could have them share the mantles. Basically a middle ground.

Then Future State, where because of all the alternate futures in play you can do what you want. Jon as Superman, Luke Fox as Batman, Jo as the main GL, etc. But you could also do books where Kenan Kong is the main Superman, Damian is Batman, basically feel free to experiment with different leads.

That would be cool, though I doubt DC would ever do it. But I guess it depends on how this sells.
    Yeah this would just be awesome. Nothing will ever 100% please everyone, that's impossible. But this just sounds like the type of thing that pleases the most amount of people you possibly can. To me its only a question of if its feasible in terms of amount of content. But the digitial lines could always just simply be smaller lines. They don't have to be anywhere near as big as the main verse. Here's hoping.

In regards to SS, Conner's look here is a major downgrade, yikes. The bulk of that costume works if he's going to be in a jacket, as its similar to his first and second looks, but it looks weird with a cape. And I hate that old TT hairdo. The team and setting could be interesting. Wonder how the hell he ends up on Earth 3.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Maybe jon has to face the angry mob.It would'nt be the first time a superman did the right thing inspite of people not liking it

I’m excited although I do wonder how they’ll be handling Conner there. Will he be calling himself “Superman” alongside Jon or will he go with a different name? But Kon forced to maybe lean into his Luthor side on Earth 3, home of the only “good” Luthor, is a very interesting premise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Also...my early prediction based on the solicits and the interview with the Superman editor...the secret identity reveal isn't immediately going away in March...but I wager that the events of Future Slate and possible knowledge of those events by Clark and or Jon in present day may be the start of somehow putting it all back in the bottle by the end of 2021.
    I could see that. It's something you have to address and can't really "yeah that happened" and move on from sadly.

You kinda can, if you just apply the lazy logic of "this cosmic event changed some stuff in the timeline for whatever reason". They've done it before. And like I said its lazy, but in regards to this, I would rather prefer it to be what they go with. Very much might not be but my hope would be to just kick it to the curb as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2020 at 08:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You kinda can, if you just apply the lazy logic of "this cosmic event changed some stuff in the timeline for whatever reason". They've done it before. And like I said its lazy, but in regards to this, I would rather prefer it to be what they go with. Very much might not be but my hope would be to just kick it to the curb as fast as possible.
    Well yeah you can do that. All depends on who gets writing duties. Honestly I hope nothing is planted in this stuff that they feel they must build towards and that it's all just burned off and moved on with.