Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Zuko vs Palpatine

Zuko gets two light sabers and is from season 3 (just prior to Sozin's comet)

he's facing off against Palaptine with his standard light saber.

1. Khazan Arena
    2. Fire Nation Palace
    3. the Senate Room where Palpatine fought Yoda

4. Zuko replaces Anakin Skywalker in Episode III. would he trust Palpatine as much as Anakin did? would he be seduced by the Dark Side like Anakin and become the new Sith apprentice? or would he decide to kill Palpatine for the benefit of the galaxy?

[only the movies are allowed. I didn't mention it earlier because the ruling on primary cannon being movies alone was made so long ago I didn't think it was necessary]
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 08-17-2014 at 10:48 AM.

All Zuko's going to do with a lightsaber is cut off his own arms and legs, he's much better off sticking to bending.

Just because a character is skilled with a sword does not mean he can pick up a lightsaber and start fencing with it, sword blades have weight, lightsabers do not, it's like a flashlight except the beam of light can cut through flesh before you realize you dun goofed. Jedi explicitly have to use the force to wield the things in order to not start performing self amputations.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Palpatine has managed to lock blades with Mace Windu and Yoda, two of the best duelists in the Old Jedi Order (well, back when the Jedi Order was practically filled with skilled swordsmen) and sorta blitzed three Jedi Masters (though it did look pretty stupid and it seemed like they were just standing there like idiots). His force lightning and TK will keep Zuko busy for sure (since I haven't really seen Palps choke a guy in the films, I'm not gonna touch that option though he likely does have that skill).

EU/Legends-wise...Zuko better hope Palps gives him a quick death. Revenge of the Sith Novel Palpatine outright blitzed the Masters and Mace at his very best by means of his Vaapad style that channels his inner darkness into a weapon...And Mace was pretty damn reaching to a breaking point with that darkness. Anakin, somehow showing up a tad earlier to witness the second half of the duel, could barely see what the **** was going on.

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.

The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?

Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.
    Keep in mind that Anakin as a young boy was able to control a god damn podracer and held his own in races...When he's basically riding a freaking rocket dodging things that could kill the kid if it weren't for his insane reflexes. And then the Battle of Coruscant has him and Obi-Wan able to pull starship maneuvers that are deemed impossible for even the best ace pilots barring Jedi. All this and he couldn't see Mace and Palpatine dueling to the death.

So yeah...That's crazy fast.

not to mention the various force options Palpatine can dish out to poor Zuko...And no, I doubt Zuko can redirect lightning from a man whose lightning was so powerful, it made small armies into his bitch and at times when he's pretty ticked, left charred husks of what was once a person.

So yeah...I think Zuko would need Sozin's Comet upgrade just to live several seconds longer before Palps takes his head off.

And agreed, Zuko would only harm himself if given a lightsaber, let alone two. It takes a Hell lot of training just for a normal being to wield a weapon without chopping off his/her limbs. Hell, the best of people who wielded lightsabers without harming themselves is in fact former Jedi who lost their connection, just not the decades of training and familiarity of the weapon. At best, give Zuko cortosis-weave swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    All Zuko's going to do with a lightsaber is cut off his own arms and legs, he's much better off sticking to bending.

Just because a character is skilled with a sword does not mean he can pick up a lightsaber and start fencing with it, sword blades have weight, lightsabers do not, it's like a flashlight except the beam of light can cut through flesh before you realize you dun goofed. Jedi explicitly have to use the force to wield the things in order to not start performing self amputations.
    Just an idea put what if we made the swords out of whatever metal it was that can block light sabers? As for speed are the novelizations canon? In the movies no one seemed to fast

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Just an idea put what if we made the swords out of whatever metal it was that can block light sabers? As for speed are the novelizations canon? In the movies no one seemed to fast
    Movies are primary canon.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Pretty much. Though I will still give Palpatine some props in the film alone for actually able to duel Yoda evenly of sorts...Yoda is one fast dude.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

As for speed are the novelizations canon?
    The EU got purged from canon. Lucasfilm did it awhile ago.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Indeed it did, hence why I had to label EU/Legends (Legends being the new title for the now non-canon EU)

Though is the Palpatine vs Darth Maul and Savage Opress duel now kind of the canon duel we see of him outside the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    That's...half wrong. Disney did it after they decided they wanted to make more movies and they didn't want the novels canon to interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Indeed it did, hence why I had to label EU/Legends (Legends being the new title for the now non-canon EU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Though is the Palpatine vs Darth Maul and Savage Opress duel now kind of the canon duel we see of him outside the movie?

The Clone Wars is still canon so yeah. That's canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And as of recently, all the rest of it isn't any kind of canon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    4. Zuko replaces Anakin Skywalker in Episode III. would he trust Palpatine as much as Anakin did? would he be seduced by the Dark Side like Anakin and become the new Sith apprentice? or would he decide to kill Palpatine for the benefit of the galaxy?
    Zuko's a guy who already was seduced by the Dark Side, was given everything he ever wanted, and then decided that that kind of lifestyle just wasn't for him and gave it all up to become a hero. Which paid of pretty well for him but he didn't know that at the time.

He also had the Firelord ay his mercy at one point but was wise enough to see that it wasn't his place to take him out.
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    The Clone Wars is still canon so yeah. That's canon.
    Interesting to see that T-canon has been upgraded to G-canon. But yeah, since Palps gets his CW feats, Zuko doesn't really stand a chance.

Interesting fact: Unless something in CW contradicts it (I haven't seen much of it at all), the official explanation for Anakin's scar is that he slipped in the bathtub.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Nothing has really changed with the so called "purge". Just think of them as being a part of another universe like what Marvel and DC do. I mean Swtor is part of the EU, or "Legends" criteria yet new content is still being made for it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Nothing has really changed with the so called "purge".
    A couple of things did. G-canon used to be nothing but the movies and Darth Lucas' apocryphal notes, but now it includes Clone Wars, the upcoming live-action TV show, and Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    A couple of things did. G-canon used to be nothing but the movies and Darth Lucas' apocryphal notes, but now it includes Clone Wars, the upcoming live-action TV show, and Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
    How on earth did that make it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How on earth did that make it in?
    Lucas co-wrote it with Alan Dean Foster to serve as a low-budget sequel in case the original SW didn't do well at the box office. That's why it's the only EU novel Disney didn't include in the purge.