Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Lucas co-wrote it with Alan Dean Foster to serve as a low-budget sequel in case the original SW didn't do well at the box office. That's why it's the only EU novel Disney didn't include in the purge.
    Which is very odd because that's precisely why it doesn't work at all with the rest of canon.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Which is very odd because that's precisely why it doesn't work at all with the rest of canon.
    Like with Clone Wars, Disney's reasoning seems to have been, "Lucas wrote it, so it counts."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I wouldn't give Palpatine CW feats, personally, regardless of canon status. They're so drastically different from his movie-capabilities that the two don't really function well together without some in-universe explanation as to why they're so contradictory. It's the same as how we don't really qualify the canon Buffy comics as feats for Buffy.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I wouldn't give Palpatine CW feats, personally, regardless of canon status. They're so drastically different from his movie-capabilities that the two don't really function well together without some in-universe explanation as to why they're so contradictory. It's the same as how we don't really qualify the canon Buffy comics as feats for Buffy.
    I never watched the show after the first season. What's his CW feats exactly?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

if it's considered impossible for Zuko to master light sabers then we'll make his regular swords impervious to light sabers and capable of cutting through anything.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Pretty sick combat speed as well as Force choking and decent TK. There's probably more, since I only watched his fight against Robot-Legs Darth Maul and his brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Astonishing Member

Zuko takes Palpatine apart in every scenario. Palpatine got his ass kicked literally everytime he popped his lightsaber. Normally telekinesis'd save him here but at best that's a quickdraw vs getting roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Zuko takes Palpatine apart in every scenario. Palpatine got his ass kicked literally everytime he popped his lightsaber. Normally telekinesis'd save him here but at best that's a quickdraw vs getting roasted.
    What? First time he took out his lightsaber he slaughtered a bunch of jedi masters then fought a council member all in the same fight. Second time he fought he overpowered Yoda in a force battle and fought evenly with him in a lightsaber duel.

Palpatine fights evenly with a guy who casually deflects blaster bolts coming at him from different directions. The speed of a blaster bolt moves roughly at the same speed of an arrow at the minimum to just below the speed of a musket bullet at most. Zuko has zero reaction feats on that level.

And if you give him his CW feats then he is even faster and more powerful. Making it a uber stomp.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Second time he fought he overpowered Yoda in a force battle and fought evenly with him in a lightsaber duel.
    He came out of a fall they both took better. That's not overpowering. That's "he managed to grab onto a thing".

He came out of a fall they both took better. That's not overpowering. That's "he managed to grab onto a thing".
    It seemed that Yoda was sent back farther. It's been years since I saw Ep3 so forgive me for missing some details. either way, Palpatine did seem to have a bit of an edge in the force abilities category imo.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

The CGI Clone Wars feats are not too terribly different, to be honest.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

First time he took out his lightsaber he slaughtered a bunch of jedi masters
    A bunch of unnamed Jedi masters with no feats to suggest they were anything but chumps. He was then beaten by Mace Windu so badly that all he could do was mewl and get his face melted.

and fought evenly with him in a lightsaber duel.
    What does fighting Yoda actually say about his lightsabre skills? Yoda's only other feat, so far as I can recall, is a brief, non-decisive, skirmish with Count Dooku. Count Dooku who Anakin later beat. I mean, it puts Yoda somewhere in the upper tier of duelists, sure, but it still leaves him edged out by at least three other characters, featwise. Duelling him only really says that Palpatine is somewhere in the sub-Obi Wan range of the upper tier guys.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

Gentlemen, behold!

A bunch of unnamed Jedi masters with no feats to suggest they were anything but chumps. He was then beaten by Mace Windu so badly that all he could do was mewl and get his face melted.
    They aren't unnamed. Especially Kit Fisto(green headed alien with the tentacles) who, in the CW casually curbstomped Grevious. Even going just off of movies, each of them were in Ep2 during the Colosseum skirmish, deflecting barrages of blaster bolts. He blitzed them. Making his reactions far greater than Zuko's.

What does fighting Yoda actually say about his lightsabre skills? Yoda's only other feat, so far as I can recall, is a brief, non-decisive, skirmish with Count Dooku. Count Dooku who Anakin later beat.
    Anakin had help for the first half of the fight which would arguably tire out Dooku. Yoda fought evenly with Dooku and, alongside Kenobi, casually slaughtered a ****-ton of Clone troopers, deflecting multiple blaster bolts coming his way at several directions showing impressive reaction time. Fighting evenly with him illustrates comparable reflex's.

I mean, it puts Yoda somewhere in the upper tier of duelists, sure, but it still leaves him edged out by at least three other characters, featwise. Duelling him only really says that Palpatine is somewhere in the sub-Obi Wan range of the upper tier guys.
    Obi-wan couldn't even beat Dooku while teaming up with Anakin. I don't see how that puts Palpatine below him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

It seemed that Yoda was sent back farther. It's been years since I saw Ep3 so forgive me for missing some details. either way, Palpatine did seem to have a bit of an edge in the force abilities category imo.
    The fight ultimately came down to that Yoda took a huge fall for lacking anything to grab onto for where he initially landed really, the incident causing all that to happen at that was helped by Yoda having poor footing in the first place for when contesting energy sent them flinging back. That's not especially an edge of any sort, that's just.. positioning results, honestly. It's a fight Palps tried to get away from having in the first place.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-17-2014 at 02:27 PM.