Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Future State Batman books

DC is starting 2021 off with a bang, giving fans a glimpse into futures both near and far, full of current and new characters as the publisher announced plans today for DC Future State, a two-month, line-wide event beginning in January. Through February 2021, the full title lineup will feature a combination of monthly and twice-monthly oversize anthologies, as well as a monthly schedule of miniseries and one-shots.

DC Future State spotlights the World’s Greatest Super Heroes in fresh new roles, with all-new characters taking up their iconic mantles. DC Future State features an incredible array of creative talent, combining award-winning writers and artists with new voices from the worlds of TV, movies and animation. In March 2021, the regular DC title lineup resumes, continuing existing story lines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year.

In DC Future State, the Multiverse has been saved from the brink of destruction, but the triumph of DC’s heroes has shaken loose the very fabric of time and space! The final chapter of Dark Nights: Death Metal (on sale January 5, 2021) brings new life to DC’s Multiverse, kicking off this glimpse into the unwritten worlds of DC’s future!

“The DC Universe has always been fertile ground for new and refreshing takes on our characters, and DC Future State definitely contributes to this legacy,” said DC Executive Editor Marie Javins. “When the event begins in January, some savvy readers will not only pick up on some of the breadcrumbs that have already been tossed out in our current titles, but they will also find new hints and clues of what’s to come in 2021.”

A stellar array of writers and artists are on hand to deliver this unique look at beloved DC characters, including fan favorites such as Mariko Tamaki, Brian Michael Bendis, Gene Luen Yang, Joëlle Jones, Joshua Williamson, Nicola Scott, Cully Hamner and John Timms, along with new voices such as award-winning screenwriter John Ridley (12 Years A Slave), Brandon Vietti (Young Justice), Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls), Brandon Easton (Thundercats, Transformers: War for Cybertron), Alitha Martinez (REPRESENT! It’s A Bird!), L.L. McKinney (Nubia: Real One), Paula Sevenbergen (Stargirl) and Siya Oum (Lola XOXO), among others.

Batman Family

In this future, Gotham City is controlled by the Magistrate. This villainous regime has taken control of the city, now under constant surveillance. All masked vigilantes have been outlawed and Batman has been killed. But led by an all-new Batman, a new assembly of Gotham’s guardians rise to give hope to all of those who lost it!

Oversized Comics:
    • Future State: The Next Batman #1-4
      • The Next Batman, by John Ridley, Nick Derington and Laura Braga
      • Outsiders, by Brandon Thomas and Sumit Kumar
      • Arkham Knights, by Paul Jenkins and Jack Herbert
      • Batgirls, by Vita Ayala and Aneke
      • Gotham City Sirens, by Paula Sevenbergen and Emanuela Lupacchino
    • Future State: Dark Detective #1-4
      • Dark Detective, by Mariko Tamaki and Dan Mora
      • Grifters, by Matthew Rosenberg and Carmine di Giandomenico
      • Red Hood, by Joshua Williamson and Giannis Milonogiannis

Monthly Miniseries:
    • Future State: Batman/Superman, by Gene Luen Yang and Ben Oliver
    • Future State: Catwoman, by Ram V. and Otto Schmidt
    • Future State: Harley Quinn, by Stephanie Phillips and Simone Di Meo
    • Future State: Nightwing, by Andrew Constant and Nicola Scott
    • Future State: Robin Eternal, by Meghan Fitzmartin and Eddy Barrows

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

All-New Member

It seems that the 5G concept was too risky and DC put some makeup on it. But I think this drinks a lot from Didio's ideas. Only sales will determine if this topic continues to be explored.

Extraordinary Member

I’m at least interested in trying some of these books out, especially Next Batman.

By the way, they’ve released some of the solicitations for Batman

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future...solicitations/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder if the girl in the middle right hand corner is one of Luke's sisters? I thought it could be either Tamara or Tiffany. It's the one between the two new speedsters.

Extraordinary Member

Some character designs:

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Designs look cool to me. Really interested in Williamson writing Red Hood. Like the oversized issues idea too.

Astonishing Member

So punchline became harly quin, and despite being in a story called batgirls cass and steph aren't going by batgirls

Batgirls is an easy pick.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So punchline became harly quin, and despite being in a story called batgirls cass and steph aren't going by batgirls
    i mean the robins don't go by robin.

do the main plot of the whole story sound like batman outlawed part 2 to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Designs look cool to me. Really interested in Williamson writing Red Hood. Like the oversized issues idea too.
    I'm not. Jason working for this Magistrate BS makes NO sense for his character at pretty much any point in time.

Honestly, most of these have almost "fine print" points in their summaries that make me more than side-eye them, but to outright avoid them. And now it looks like I can't even read my favorite character.