Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Crane rocking that glow up in future slate and living his best life

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Crane's kinda hot. Civilian Crane looks like he could be in Howl's Moving Castle.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was actually talking about the Scarecrow costume since the big lantern eyes make him looks like he has an anime or baby proportion on the face but hey to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was actually talking about the Scarecrow costume since the big lantern eyes make him looks like he has an anime or baby proportion on the face but hey to each their own
    Definitely fits the artists style, at least.

new cover showing the New Batman unmasked, so I'm guessing we find out who he is first issue. they went pretty nondescript (makes sense to keep the mystery up) but if this is how whoever it is looks like in the reveal I'm hoping it's Timothy Fox, I'm just not a fan of shaved Luke Fox and I would hope that an adult Duke would have a more visually interesting civilian look (unlike just making him bald like they did in LKoE and White Knight). although, knowing DC they'd slap the default look on whoever it is: bare face and a basic low cut.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-01-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

new cover showing the New Batman unmasked, so I'm guessing we find out who he is first issue. they went pretty nondescript (makes sense to keep the mystery up) but if this is how whoever it is looks like in the reveal I'm hoping it's Timothy Fox, I'm just not a fan of shaved Luke Fox and I would hope that an adult Duke would have a more visually interesting civilian look (unlike just making him bald like they did in LKoE and Whute Knight). although, knowing DC they'd slap the default look on whoever it is: bare face and a basic low cut.
    I liked that Adult Duke was rocking locks in Futures End. That was a nice look

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I liked that Adult Duke was rocking locks in Futures End. That was a nice look
    I loved that look, it was a natural progression of his young look when he had the afro (which I also loved); I much preferred those looks. I'm not a big fan of the standard hair with the multiple parts that they have him in now. I don't hate it, it's better than just giving him the same standard low cut they give every other black male character, but I don't see why they needed to cut his hair.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I loved that look, it was a natural progression of his young look when he had the afro (which I also loved); I much preferred those looks. I'm not a big fan of the standard hair with the multiple parts that they have him in now. I don't hate it, it's better than just giving him the same standard low cut they give every other black male character, but I don't see why they needed to cut his hair.
    You're right. I forgot that Duke had the afro as a kid.
    Comics are a visual medium, one would think that artists would lean more towards distinct styles/aesthetics with character wherever possible.

new cover showing the New Batman unmasked, so I'm guessing we find out who he is first issue. they went pretty nondescript (makes sense to keep the mystery up) but if this is how whoever it is looks like in the reveal I'm hoping it's Timothy Fox, I'm just not a fan of shaved Luke Fox and I would hope that an adult Duke would have a more visually interesting civilian look (unlike just making him bald like they did in LKoE and White Knight). although, knowing DC they'd slap the default look on whoever it is: bare face and a basic low cut.
    I mean I know it’s default but honestly I can imagine that hairstyle being the best you probably want when wearing the full cowl/helmet. If you take zero year into account even Bruce at first shaved parts of his head.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looks more somber and serious than I would expect from Luke (although admittedly fitting given the circumstances), so I'm still going with Tim Fox.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That reminds me, Bleeding Cool got a hand of the official Future State timeline from the preview book

It was obvious from the get-go but all that build-up and mystery just for it to get revealed on the cover lmao.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

He's not particularly distinctive, so its not like they are reveling much.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He's not particularly distinctive, so its not like they are reveling much.
    Well, he hasn't been in the comics in decades, so...

We are talking about Tim Fox, right ?

Whoever that guy on the cover is.