Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at with it. love of have it but at least every Robin to come after him brought a unique angle to the role. Damian took the robin title and spun the dynamic by adding a more literak and direct family angle, adding weight to the ideas of legacy and inheritance, while Duke and We are Robin was at the very least a wild swing that took a somewhat philosophical approach to what Robin could mean to Gotham. Tim just doesn't bring anything to the table that makes me go "hmm, that's a cool take on Robin".
    Didn't Tim the creator of "Batman needs Robin to be his light"? For me it's a bit harmful for Batman's character to say that his sanity depends on a minor child, but I admit it's somewhat heartwarming take of Robin role, and I see many people, especially Tim fans, thought that it's a cool take on Robin role.

He also the first to have solo series and establish Robin as hero who can work alone, so maybe he's not as interesting as the other, but to say that he doesn't bring anything to Robin pantheon is incorrect.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 10-16-2020 at 11:51 AM.