Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Kinda sad that Tim is Robin even in the future, it's like someone behind the scenes is playing a cruel joke.
    I mean, his book title is literally ROBIN ETERNAL. Someone who suggested it certainly has a very twisted sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Kinda sad that Tim is Robin even in the future, it's like someone behind the scenes is playing a cruel joke.
    I was never particularly interest or outright annoyed by Tim as a character but, having Damian leave the Robin mantle and then seeing him back as Robin in so many things, I've given up all hope of ever getting into Tim Drake. they've successfully Benjamin Button'd him right out of any interest I'll ever have for this character, and probably the Robin mantle as a whole if they're definitively taking this route as it appears they are now.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What's wrong with Tim wanting to be Robin no matter what his age? I never understood why Robin was some transitory title you eventually had to grow out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's wrong with Tim wanting to be Robin no matter what his age? I never understood why Robin was some transitory title you eventually had to grow out of.
    it's not so much Robin being transitory, it's a matter of Tim grew up and was trying to move on, and the world moved forward and the robin role moved on with a new character that held the mantle just fine when written consistently; the nature of them rolling it all back feels just kinda dumb and gross. it's like when they had Dick Grayson as a late 20s early 30s Robin on Titans, it looks weird because the character doesn't really belong there anymore. but it's comics, it's like at least 20% intertextual concept incest most times anyway, this particular move just ain't my cup of tea.

but hey, if they find something better for Damian to do that I don't hate (they're pitching Red X right now, wouldn't mind it) then I'll hardly notice or care either way. the most fun I've had with the Robin concept was We are Robin, so personally, other than Damian claiming it as Robin: Son of Batman, robin doesn't really do anything for me as just a codename anyway. so if they treat Damian with respect while they're doing whatever they wanna do with Tim and Robin, at least let him grow pass Robin and not just marginalizing him for Tim's sake, then maybe I'll have a less hard stance down the road.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 03:24 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Tim being a grown up Robin wouldn’t of been a big deal had he not spent the last decade or so trying to move past it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's not so much Robin being transitory, it's a matter of Tim grew up and was trying to move on, and the world moved forward and the robin role moved on with a new character that held the mantle just fine when written consistently; the nature of them rolling it all back feels just kinda dumb and gross. it's like when they had Dick Grayson as a late 20s early 30s Robin on Titans, it looks weird because the character doesn't really belong there anymore. but it's comics, it's like at least 20% intertextual concept incest most times anyway, this particular move just ain't my cup of tea.

but hey, if they find something better for Damian to do that I don't hate (they're pitching Red X right now, wouldn't mind it) then I'll hardly notice or care either way. the most fun I've had with the Robin concept was We are Robin, so personally, other than Damian claiming it as Robin: Son of Batman, robin doesn't really do anything for me as just a codename anyway. so if they treat Damian with respect while they're doing whatever they wanna do with Tim and Robin, at least let him grow pass Robin and not just marginalizing him for Tim's sake, then maybe I'll have a less hard stance down the road.
    It isn't confirmed that Damian is Red X. So far, that's just a theory.

The other theory is that Damian could be the Batman in Justice League, who has a different suit from the Batman in the Next Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-16-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because DC made it that way. It wasn't that way back in the 1980s - it was a title that grew up with Dick (though there was certainly lots of discussion of whether he needed something new in the letters in the 1970s, it turned out he didn't). But they wanted a "Batman and Robin" and so Dick transitioned to Nightwing and Jason Todd was created. It was established (though not really consistent with prior material) that Robin would always be the back half of "Batman and." Once they did that, Robin became a title a hero grew out of. Can't put that genie back in the bottle, IMO. And, if there was ever going to be one Robin only who kept the title for life, it would have to be Dick Grayson - he made that role. Tim should get to forge his own identity instead of having a hand-me-down for life (I'm less fond of legacies than some and much prefer Steph as Spoiler and Bart as Impulse - that they should give up identities they forged to take someone else's really irritates me).

Ya, Tim’s very existence perpetuated Robin as something he is now undermining. They need to just retire him already. They tried and failed to move him on to a different identity, and now he’s just holding down Robin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I read a Tim fan blog and they said that Tim becoming Robin again is not a regression but a return to form, because Tim is not readable for a long time, and in this timeline he's still 16, the age before he became Red Robin, so it's not a regression if he never really grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I read a Tim fan blog and they said that Tim becoming Robin again is not a regression but a return to form, because Tim is not readable for a long time, and in this timeline he's still 16, the age before he became Red Robin, so it's not a regression if he never really grew up.
    But taking him back to 16 is a regression. I mean, when it's not just a flashback. I have similar feelings about how much Dick got deaged and how Barbara was deaged to a point younger than she originally was even when she debuted. They take their adulthood/maturity away from them.

Fantastic Member

The only way that Stephani/Cass/Tim/Damian and even Dick/Barbara/Jason will ever be allowed to grow into their own characters fully is when DC realizes that, to make a good story, Bruce has to grow old. Until then, those characters will keep getting butchered by whatever editorial decides.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Where's Barbara? I don't see her mentioned in any of this and we have redesigns for everybody except her and Damian.
    Considering her solo just had her implant damaged again, and Luke told her it's her last chance, I think it's possible that it finally failed, causing her to retire as Batgirl. She's probably Oracle full time, and I won't be surprised if she's in the Batgirls book, having endorsed Steph and Cass as her replacements.

Wait, you think that's not actually Harleen but Punchline in a Harley Quinn look?
    That honestly makes no sense. Alexis is supposed to be the anti-Harley. There's no way she'd want to crib Harleen's image. I can see why people think it's her though, because of the ear piercings and the bangs.

I don't see Red X in the actual solicits for anything so I wonder where he'll turn up.
    Teen Titans, which makes perfect sense considering he's from the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon (not Go, solicit writers!).

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Btw where's Kate and Duke? I'm gonna guess Babs is gonna appear in an Oracle role. Knowing DC, in Nightwing's book

Oh you know what? Masks have been outlawed, so maybe those three are in prison.
    Good question about Batwoman and Signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Babs will appear in that Bargirls story in the Next Batman book probably that will come out the following month.
    That's not confirmed, but I won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It hasn't ever been a school either ..... has it? I haven't been folowing for a while.
    True. A Titans school is kind of copying X-Men - but X-Men isn't currently using that set-up...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Considering her solo just had her implant damaged again, and Luke told her it's her last chance, I think it's possible that it finally failed, causing her to retire as Batgirl. She's probably Oracle full time, and I won't be surprised if she's in the Batgirls book, having endorsed Steph and Cass as her replacements.
    Yeah. The dialogue in Batgirl comic implied the implant won't last a long time.

I remember the author said her story will have repercussions. I guess Future State is where we will see these.

Don't like Luke's batsuit. Looks too much like black panther Imo. I don't mind this event, if it's only for 2 months. Would have hated it as the new status quo.

I wonder if they are going to use Future State to experiment with releasing a few larger more expensive books.

Id not be suprised if in March if we find the main Batman book is 64 pages with two side stories like 'Batgirls' and 'Outsiders' inside. doesnt seem like a bad idea.