Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I'm cutting down on my comics purchases as they are getting too expensive. I think I'll skip these and buy Batman and Detective when they return, hopefully only one per month.

The new Batman interests me the most so I'll check it. Everything is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Funnily enough, the millennials like Tynion who grew up with Tim as “their” Robin are now entering leadership positions which is why you’re seeing Tim start to get more play. Tim was the Robin of the Arkham games and he’s the Robin of the Gotham Knights game. He’s getting a push. The problem is that inevitably DC will want Damian back in the role, or they’ll create a new Robin and Tim will get pushed out again. One of effects of Future State that I’m hoping for is that Tynion will give Tim a new code name in the present once he learns about the future that’s coming if he stays as Robin. Give him a good name that’s not “Red Robin” (not enough of a clean break) or “Drake” (stupid) and I think Tim could flourish.
    He's also still Robin in the Young Justice cartoon for as little screentime as he continually gets, but I know it's potentially a time skip away before he's not Robin any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So Duke and Kate are so far unaccounted for, with Damian rumored to be Red X, anyone else missing?
    Barbara hasn't been mentioned in anything. I mean, we've got a Batgirls story but they're not officially Batgirl and no mention of Oracle.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    How so? It was Damian's choice to quit being Robin, no one forced or influenced that decision.

As for Tim being Robin again I feel it was a late adjustment since 5G was canceled, if it had not been I have no doubt Tim would have still been 'Drake'. I'm pretty sure introducing a new Robin to go with Luke's Batman was the ultimate plan, Tim just ended up being the rebound guy in all of this since plans changed in that regard. On the flip side whatever they're planning on doing with Damian must still be in play, whether it be Red-X or him becoming Robin again at some point is yet to be seen.
    Glass shared on instagram that the decision to have Damian lose the mantle was already made before he started his TT run. He was given the directive to write Damian's fall to the dark and the loss of Robin.

He was forced out.

The title wasn't even subtle in the execution. It was just a series of how bad can we make him

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Glass shared on instagram that the decision to have Damian lose the mantle was already made before he started his TT run. He was given the directive to write Damian's fall to the dark and the loss of Robin.

He was forced out.

The title wasn't even subtle in the execution. It was just a series of how bad can we make him
    Wow. I didn't know they had it planned that early. I wonder if they were planning 5G by then and that was involved?

He was forced out.

So they basically hired him to kill Damian's character development as Robin; it's literal character assassination. that's wild, and most definitely textbook Didio era DC (not to pin everything bad on the guy, but his tenture at DC made a lot of similar moves). let's hope with the new regime they can do better by these characters. I know people are pitching Damian is gonna be Red X, honestly, I hope it's true. I always liked Red X more than Robin on Teen Titans anyway.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So Duke and Kate are so far unaccounted for, with Damian rumored to be Red X, anyone else missing?
    Bette, but she's been missing for a while even you forget about it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's also still Robin in the Young Justice cartoon for as little screentime as he continually gets, but I know it's potentially a time skip away before he's not Robin any more.

Barbara hasn't been mentioned in anything. I mean, we've got a Batgirls story but they're not officially Batgirl and no mention of Oracle.
    Babs basically has to show-up, it'd be odd if she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bette, but she's been missing for a while even you forget about it XD
    She isn't part of the modern Bat-Family though, and since she doesn't show-up to other Bat-Family events, why would she start now?

Okay: Duke, Kate, Damian, and Babs all not fully accounted for.
    I'm not counting Bette, Harper, Helena, and Jean-Paul, but you can if you like.

Jean-Paul has only just finished in Justice League Odyssey, which explains why he hasn't been in the bat books lately.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He was forced out.

I meant in story, not editorial. I see what you mean though

Looking over all of the solicitations, I'm disappointed that the Batman titles are only revolving around the Magistrate. There seem to be quite a lot of time jumps and different stories for the other books but the Bat titles are stuck with a story that ties them very closely together and isn't in any way original.

Wow. I didn't know they had it planned that early. I wonder if they were planning 5G by then and that was involved?
    Writers are very far ahead of what’s published, and editors have to be even further ahead than writers. So it’s no surprise. I think 5G was already in the works when Bendis made the jump to DC, so by 2018 or so I think they had a rough idea of it. Whenever Johns got pushed out and Didio took charge again is when the planning started I’d say.

In the post reply he said sometimes one has to move one step back to move two steps forward and teaching Damian a lesson. which doesn't sound like it's 5G related not to mention that the mistakes that Damian was supposed to learn from he was creating on the book.

I don't recall Damian ever strapping a bomb to himself a la suicide bomber or mind wiping people. Everything he had Damian do weren't thing's were doing prior to his TT run.

I didn't think it had to do with 5G. It doesn't sound like it anyway.

Some interesting titles. Luke and Bruce's new designs look dope. Catwoman's new suit looks especially dope but not sure about Harley not being part of the Sirens.

The lack of Damian and other batfam is baffling. Perhaps they have no future

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Funnily enough, the millennials like Tynion who grew up with Tim as “their” Robin are now entering leadership positions which is why you’re seeing Tim start to get more play. Tim was the Robin of the Arkham games and he’s the Robin of the Gotham Knights game. He’s getting a push. The problem is that inevitably DC will want Damian back in the role, or they’ll create a new Robin and Tim will get pushed out again. One of effects of Future State that I’m hoping for is that Tynion will give Tim a new code name in the present once he learns about the future that’s coming if he stays as Robin. Give him a good name that’s not “Red Robin” (not enough of a clean break) or “Drake” (stupid) and I think Tim could flourish.
    So nostalgia and fanboy bias. That's not a good thing. Not for business and not for comics. Tim has had more pushes and chances at a restart than any of the Batfam.

90's fanboy now in management using his power to ruin one character just so that he can get yet another chance makes the situation even worse.

Over 10 years later Tim blogs are still hating on Damian and writing fics where Dick gets his comeuppance for making Damian Robin. Fans are still blaming Damian for Tim's situation despite all the attempts and effort dC has put in to keep him in print.

I doubt Damian as Robin is over and there's also the fact that future creators are bound to introduce new character's down the line as possible replacements [Duke] This move is only going to keeps fans and Tim [Steph and Cass] from moving on