Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, there's Duke. So he is in Outsiders.
    I guess if the prisoner is sending a signal and Cass and Steph save them it has to be Babs
    Onomatopoiea... has he been used outside of Widening Gyre?
    Talia... ooh this could be either good or really, really bad

So is Next Batman Tim Fox then since Luke knows about Batman's code while this one is like... screw it?
    I mean it kinda makes sense now, if Nightwing is the leader of La Resistance and he decided not to be Batman, and everyone seems to agree with it and not taking the mantle for their own either, then the one who goes against that agreement would be someone completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's actually hilarious. Tim Drake stans were whining for years that Duke was stealing Tim's "thing" by being smart and now Tim is blatantly just biting Duke's whole metahuman/immortality niche. full circle I guess?
    The first time I heard about this, and smart isn't the first thing I thought of Duke. At first, it was "confused" direction-wise, and then it's "the meta one" since Gotham Girl turned evil

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounds less like he's a Metahuman and more like he's injected himself with some kind of variant of the Lazarus Pit to keep his body going. Does that make him a Metahuman?
    I don't know but it makes him Endgame Joker with Dyonesium
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-13-2020 at 09:53 PM.

[QUOTE=Restingvoice;5231108]
    Onomatopoiea... has he been used outside of Widening Gyre?
    Ben Percy's Teen Titans, I believe.
    So is Next Batman Tim Fox then since Luke knows about Batman's code while this one is like... screw it?
    Looks like he believes enough in the code to know the right thing to do is to take the criminals to the GCPD to face justice instead of the Magistrate.

So are we close to having almost everyone accounted for in this Future State series now?

Any guesses as to the Magistrate, Peacekeeper 01, and Peacekeeper 03?
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-14-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So are we close to having almost everyone accounted for in this Future State series now?

Any guesses as to the Magistrate, Peacekeeper 01, and Peacekeeper 03?
    No Babs, and one of them is Damian I think.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I expect Damian to be one.

Big meh for Tim being inmortal. Tsk tsk, timmy, copying (ok, this time possible) tricks from others again? I'm not mad, but I can't see it's something to look forward for a reading (a reading that's not about that particular trick and its consequences). And if it is by something Lazarus related, meeeh. Give the kid something unique for once, for crying out loud. Maybe make him a vampire... Now, that could turn out something that picks my curiosity.

Defintely, I'm going to pass about a lot of this stuff it seems. Nothing catches my interest.

[QUOTE=Frontier;5231117]
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Ben Percy's Teen Titans, I believe.

Looks like he believes enough in the code to know the right thing to do is to take the criminals to the GCPD to face justice instead of the Magistrate.
    This actually brings up something that made me confused. Now I assumed that the Magistrate has just become the governmenting body in Gotham, but now you’re telling me that the GCPD is still an active and lawful force that can try criminals....so how does that work exactly? Are the Magistrate just vigilantes in of themselves who’ve got run of the city or is the Magistrate part of Gotham somehow legally separated from that where the GCPD are?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    [...]
    Plot twist: Damian is Peacekeeper 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think Babs might be the prisoner Steph and Cass try to free from the prison. It would make total sense for a Batgirls story.

Big meh for Tim being inmortal. Tsk tsk, timmy, copying (ok, this time possible) tricks from others again? I'm not mad, but I can't see it's something to look forward for a reading (a reading that's not about that particular trick and its consequences). And if it is by something Lazarus related, meeeh. Give the kid something unique for once, for crying out loud. Maybe make him a vampire... Now, that could turn out something that picks my curiosity.

Defintely, I'm going to pass about a lot of this stuff it seems. Nothing catches my interest.
    I don't think he's immortal so much as just using some variant of the Lazarus Pit to keep his body going at the expense of his mind (Tim's greatest weapon).
    [QUOTE=sifighter;5231436]

This actually brings up something that made me confused. Now I assumed that the Magistrate has just become the governmenting body in Gotham, but now you’re telling me that the GCPD is still an active and lawful force that can try criminals....so how does that work exactly? Are the Magistrate just vigilantes in of themselves who’ve got run of the city or is the Magistrate part of Gotham somehow legally separated from that where the GCPD are?
    They might work like the Crows do on Batwoman's show.

I don't think he's immortal so much as just using some variant of the Lazarus Pit to keep his body going at the expense of his mind (Tim's greatest weapon).
    Well, we will know when the time comes.

Well, we will know when the time comes.
    Pretty sure Frontier is right in this regard. Sounds to me like Tim is barely functioning, just enough to finish this final mission before I predict he'll probably go out doing what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Pretty sure Frontier is right in this regard. Sounds to me like Tim is barely functioning, just enough to finish this final mission before I predict he'll probably go out doing what needs to be done.
    Oh, damn. That doesn't look good for Tim either :/.

Oh, damn. That doesn't look good for Tim either :/.
    I honestly have no problem with it. Somebody was bound to go out in Future State. At least he won't go out like a chump like we saw in the Injustice comics, lol

Give the kid something unique for once, for crying out loud. Maybe make him a vampire... Now, that could turn out something that picks my curiosity.
    Lol, Batwoman already did the vampire thing (to disastrous effects, but it was also an alternate future and non-cannon).

Babs = probably the prisoner the Batgirls rescue
    Damian = possibly one of the villains

Kate = MIA
    Harper = MIA
    Luke = MIA

Pretty much everyone else accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I honestly have no problem with it. Somebody was bound to go out in Future State. At least he won't go out like a chump like we saw in the Injustice comics, lol
    Well, if he does die, at least Steph is there...
    Lol, Batwoman already did the vampire thing (to disastrous effects, but it was also an alternate future and non-cannon).

Babs = probably the prisoner the Batgirls rescue
    Damian = possibly one of the villains

Kate = MIA
    Harper = MIA
    Luke = MIA

Pretty much everyone else accounted for.
    Luke is in a story with Grifter.

It was the future of an elseworld, as far as I recall. A small story from long ago, I think.
    Kate used the vampires but not to that degree, and fans didn't like it, I think.

I was kind of joking, but not entirely joking. My point was, to try something a bit out of the box for Tim, a different gimmick from the other bats. I don't know, curse him somehow to limit his moves while gaining some knowledge, like, I don't know, making him connected to the soul of the city, literally. And make this curse a case he needs to solve. He has limited movement, tied to Gotham or somewhere else, unless he travels with some dust from there. Or I don't know, he needs to link himself to a place to survive because the curse. That link gives him info to some degree. Or, or just, work detective stories with him. You want YA readers? Make him a go college and work actual late teen-early tweens stories with him (the kind of stories the CW work for their series). Not that I think teens read comics a lot nowadays, but still: no one is covering that range and genre right now in the batfam. I would suggest cyberpunk, but I know they already tried that and didn't work at all, and fans tend to not like that idea much, and then there's babs, who is the actual hacker of the bunch.

I guess, if it's a story that deals with Tim's refusal to stop and rest, as painful as it feels, I guess it could be a good read.

I'm still feeling some dread about the one for Jason. I guess my concern just leaks to other reads.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-14-2020 at 05:11 PM.