Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wonder what the present comics have in store for Tim or Jace (whichever we call him) given the fact that we know he will be Batman in 2025 according to Future State but he will likely never get to be Batman outside of that....I guess he will just be someone to watch for now.
    They should honestly just do a Future State imprint, I remember when BC said they were hearing rumors that 5G was gonna end up that way and I still think it's a good idea.

I'm not sure what Tim ...I mean Jace is gonna be doing in the present b/c I almost feel like him becoming batman is the first time he would have picked up a mantle so idk if the character would ever be another Batwing or another bat character in the present.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Incredible Member

DC Future State gossip edition - Fascist Gotham edition. Obviously spoilers. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dcs-...st-than-usual/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    DC Future State gossip edition - Fascist Gotham edition. Obviously spoilers. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dcs-...st-than-usual/
    Wow that's a lot, that can't be just for one issue right?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Wow that's a lot, that can't be just for one issue right?
    I imagine all of that is spread out amongst all the Batfam future slate books/stories.

So, are all the Future State books that have some Bat-connection:
    * FUTURE STATE: THE NEXT BATMAN
    * FUTURE STATE: BATMAN/SUPERMAN
    * FUTURE STATE: CATWOMAN
    * FUTURE STATE: DARK DETECTIVE
    * FUTURE STATE: HARLEY QUINN
    * FUTURE STATE: JUSTICE LEAGUE
    * FUTURE STATE: NIGHTWING
    * FUTURE STATE: ROBIN ETERNAL
    * FUTURE STATE: SUICIDE SQUAD
    * FUTURE STATE: TEEN TITANS
    or is there anything else?

Extraordinary Member

Trades and contents:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Trades and contents:

I figured they would bundle them all together.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

dark detective certainly has my interest the most, mainly because of that dan mora art. DC did well grabbing his on to this book.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I figured they would bundle them all together.
    Nah, gotta save something for the eventual Omnibus.

Bruce Wayne shot in an alley? Sounds like a rebirth in fire...

That Tim preview is giving me Spider-Man 2099 vibes. I'm guessing Steph saves Tim from the robot.

Relationship status with Joker is "complicated?" That's more ambivalent than I was expecting...and is "cupid of crime" new?

Extraordinary Member

Googling it brings up a small handful of articles calling her that so I guess not new.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay but why cupid though is she shipping everyone in her series or does it refer to her love relationship and the people naming her that are forgetting that cupid is the one making people fall in love

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay but why cupid though is she shipping everyone in her series or does it refer to her love relationship and the people naming her that are forgetting that cupid is the one making people fall in love
    Love was kind of a driving force in transforming her into Harley Quinn, but without Joker...I guess maybe it gets transferred to Ivy?

"Clown Princess of Crime" might seem too derivative.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I imagine it was just that it sounded better than "Clown Princess of Crime" and it fits the cutesy exterior but grizzly interior brand she's got going on. i guess if you wanna rationalize it you could look at it like she's a criminal that makes you fall in love with the idea of her crimes. like, it's a kinda meta thing. she's a villain but she won over the people's hearts and now she's made a little name for herself; she living better new, gucci sweater now, everybody love her. I can see it, likely just the first bit but it works fine enough for the character.

EDIT: and as Frontier pointed out, love has always been a driving force in Harley's character (her love of Joker, her love of Ivy, her love of her self, etc.) so it works on that level as well.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-26-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."