Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Looks like Damian is becoming Red X. Which is really not how I wanted that moniker to debut.
    I don't see Red X in the actual solicits for anything so I wonder where he'll turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Looks like Damian is becoming Red X. Which is really not how I wanted that moniker to debut.
    My thoughts exact

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Red X in the actual solicits for anything so I wonder where he'll turn up.
    Not so much in the solicits, but in the main panel thing, you see Red X by that new Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I'm going to quote myself from the Jason Todd Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Okay, I just read all the info released about this Future State event. Twice because the press releases aren't very clear.

First things first, is painfully obvious this is DC reworking the concept of 5G from the new status quo into a filler event ala Convergence. Abernathy's words are a bit ambiguous at times but is stated no less than three times this is just a possible future. so for the time being we can rest easy a bit since this won't be Jason's status quo beyond those two months.

Second, other than utterly awful costume, I don't thing the whole thing paints Jason in a very bad light. The solicits make clear he's a bounty hunter against his will, and given how evil the Magistrate is painted in the other books, it stands to reason that there's more than meets the eye. I don't like Williamson's writing that much but if there's something I can praise him for, is his commitment to keep things in continuity since it was a huge deal during his Flash run. So I very much doubt that all the hard work Lobdell did will be thrown away.

That said, I don't find this whole event really appealing but I'll pick up Dark Detective to see where this whole thing leads. It can't be worse than Three Jokers.

I'm glad 5G we turned into a filler event because this is such a jarring shift in the Status Quo for no real reason that it would've made me drop all DC comics in the foreseeable future. Now this is something I'll have to endure for two months.

You don't like Shogun Katana ?

Wait, you think that's not actually Harleen but Punchline in a Harley Quinn look?
    I wouldn't say I hate the Katana one as much as the Nightwing one, but the Shogun headpiece could have been a bit better, lol.

The hairstyle made me think it was Punchline. Since Punchline had the two pieces of hair coming down on the side of her bangs, but maybe that was just a coincidence. Odds are it is probably Harley I guess thinking about it.

Extraordinary Member

FUTURE STATE: TEEN TITANS #1

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    When the original New Teen Titans formed a school to mentor and train young heroes, they wanted to help save the world. Years later, Titans Tower is a monument to a graveyard of pupils lost in a terrible battle. Returning to the site of their greatest failure, Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg join Raven to plot a course to face off against the evil that destroyed their team and school. Loyalties are questioned and motives are suspect as the former teen heroes must turn to the mysterious Red X—a former student—for help. Don't miss the first comics appearance of this Red X, previously seen only in the hit animated TV series Teen Titans Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Cyberpunk Catwoman, complete with cat kneeguards .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    When the original New Teen Titans formed a school to mentor and train young heroes, they wanted to help save the world. Years later, Titans Tower is a monument to a graveyard of pupils lost in a terrible battle. Returning to the site of their greatest failure, Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg join Raven to plot a course to face off against the evil that destroyed their team and school. Loyalties are questioned and motives are suspect as the former teen heroes must turn to the mysterious Red X—a former student—for help. Don't miss the first comics appearance of this Red X, previously seen only in the hit animated TV series Teen Titans Go!
    Tim Sheridan? So Brandon Vietti isn't the only DC animated writer working on these books.

"Former Student" - Could that be Damian? He was never really a student.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

"Former Student" - Could that be Damian? He was never really a student.
    I hope not. My hope and dream is for Damian to not get any relation with anything named Teen Titans. He has been on 4 team and I dislike all of them so please, no more Teen Titans for Damian.

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    Ugh. Red X is not from TT Go. I'm banging my head on the desk from this.

And yes, my head canon had him as Jason for the universe.

Incredible Member

Pure speculation on my part, and I haven't seen the released solicitations yet (work blocks the Gamesradar site), but wondering if the Nightwing in the mini-series might be Harper Row's younger brother? Doesn't look like I imagine Dick would 15 years in the future and he is wearing headgear very similar to Harper's Bluebird get-up. And yeah, I know Dick is appearing in the Teen Titans book, but note from the released cover art, he is wearing a different costume.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Pure speculation on my part, and I haven't seen the released solicitations yet (work blocks the Gamesradar site), but wondering if the Nightwing in the mini-series might be Harper Row's younger brother? Doesn't look like I imagine Dick would 15 years in the future and he is wearing headgear very similar to Harper's Bluebird get-up. And yeah, I know Dick is appearing in the Teen Titans book, but note from the released cover art, he is wearing a different costume.
    I don't think it would make sense for Harper's brother to deal with Luke's Batman.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it would make sense for Harper's brother to deal with Luke's Batman.
    Dick is mentioned in the solicit:

Future State: Nightwing #1
    written by ANDREW CONSTANT
    art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    card stock variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE 1/19/21

Batman is gone! Now, Nightwing has taken on the mission of keeping the citizens of Gotham City safe from the Magistrate. But to do that, he'll have stay one step ahead of the Magistrate! And you know things have gotten bad in Gotham when the safest place for Dick to hide out is the abandoned Arkham Asylum! When Nightwing gets a visit from a mask claiming to be the new Batman…does he fight like one? Pick up this dark peek into the future by writer Andrew Constant and artist Nicola Scott to find out!

And the different costumes are explained by this:

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/loo...e-dc-universe/
    Not just time as an element to get excited about, but then I thought, “We’re in the far future, where anything can happen, where storytelling possibilities are limitless,” so too does that mean approaches to our characters. While we don’t have a central hub as a setting, or even a central time period where all of our stories take place, what we did want to get across, through all the editors in our group, was a thread of change. That thread carries through, not just our heroes, but also again, their power sets, the way they approach villains, the villains that they interact with.
    Kind of sounds like multiple potential futures. They're hypertiming everything.

Future State: Nightwing

art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    Batman is gone! Now, Nightwing has taken on the mission of keeping the citizens of Gotham City safe from the Magistrate. But to do that, he'll have stay one step ahead of the Magistrate! And you know things have gotten bad in Gotham when the safest place for Dick to hide out is the abandoned Arkham Asylum! When Nightwing gets a visit from a mask claiming to be the new Batman…does he fight like one? Pick up this dark peek into the future by writer Andrew Constant and artist Nicola Scott to find out!

Incredible Member

Future State: Nightwing

art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    Thanks for posting this. That answers that! Mindless speculation, begone!