Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It hasn't ever been a school either ..... has it? I haven't been folowing for a while.
    No, if anything the current Teen Titans were more like jailers than teachers.

But it's actually a cool idea, IMO, for the Titans to teach the next generation of heroes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It hasn't ever been a school either ..... has it? I haven't been folowing for a while.
    It was going to be... kinda... the end of Damian's Teen Titans will have the originals visiting to help because they feel lost. So it's probably going to start there and jump straight to the end with this Future State.

Also, the idea of Titans after Source Wall break was training new metahumans, until someone screwed up and make the moneymaker of that book amnesia

This sounds super lame.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It was going to be... kinda... the end of Damian's Teen Titans will have the originals visiting to help because they feel lost. So it's probably going to start there and jump straight to the end with this Future State.

Also, the idea of Titans after Source Wall break was training new metahumans, until someone screwed up and make the moneymaker of that book amnesia
    The Johns Titans, including Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven, were also all about teaching the younger generation.

Amazing Member

Looks legit. It'a great to see Nightwing stories where he is himself again. Justice League and now this plus Teen Titans is a good sign we are done with DiDio's hate boner.

Nicola Scott's Nightwing is an insta-buy. One of the few artists who can draw how handsome Nightwing really is. Dick Grayson is DC's hottest man. Lot of artists can't meet it.

I love Nightwing is leading the Resistance like how Snyder did in The Last Knight on Earth. My theory is the Resistance is made up of Batman villains. Seems right with Arkham Asylum as HQ and no word of them anywhere.

Nightwing testing the new Batman is how it should be. He is Batman's first ally. He was Batman. New Batman needs to impress. Anyone can be Batman but only Dick Grayson can be Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

is this a new Harley? She looks younger.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Cass and Steph's new look's are on point.

Excited for Luke as Batman. Where's Damian and Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Generally all the new designs look interesting or fun except for Nightwing's and Katana's. Punchline becoming Harley Quinn was unexpected, lol.
    That explains why she looks younger

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    FUTURE STATE: TEEN TITANS #1

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    When the original New Teen Titans formed a school to mentor and train young heroes, they wanted to help save the world. Years later, Titans Tower is a monument to a graveyard of pupils lost in a terrible battle. Returning to the site of their greatest failure, Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg join Raven to plot a course to face off against the evil that destroyed their team and school. Loyalties are questioned and motives are suspect as the former teen heroes must turn to the mysterious Red X—a former student—for help. Don't miss the first comics appearance of this Red X, previously seen only in the hit animated TV series Teen Titans Go!
    Pretty sure he came up in Teen titans first but lmao. When the spin-off gets more credit than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason Todd, a character that has bucked authoritarians (be it Bruce or regimes) throughout his history, is working for Magistrate, but suddenly has "second thoughts" about it? No. It makes no sense for his character. This isn't even regression. This is plain out of character.
    How many radical anti-establishment activist went on to become a part of the "system". Age can change a lot in a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Johns Titans, including Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven, were also all about teaching the younger generation.
    True. I didn't like the Johns Titans, though. I liked the Titans as not a transition team, but a magnificent, independent team. I don't like them mixing up ages, where they have senior and junior members and some teaching others. I like the Titans being a place where they don't have to take instructions from elders, and can just all be equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    True. I didn't like the Johns Titans, though. I liked the Titans as not a transition team, but a magnificent, independent team. I don't like them mixing up ages, where they have senior and junior members and some teaching others. I like the Titans being a place where they don't have to take instructions from elders, and can just all be equals.
    I think that actually came up in said run with the younger generation wanting to be taken seriously, so it was kind of a mutually beneficial team dynamic.

As neat as a lot of these books sound, the fact that Tim is still Robin is enough of a reason to be thankful that these futures are no longer as set in stone as they were originally going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    How many radical anti-establishment activist went on to become a part of the "system". Age can change a lot in a character.
    Seriously? This is literally counter to Jason's character. A character that has valued his independence from others and working WITH (not FOR) others for a greater good if need be. But joining an a group that not only goes after criminals, but other vigilantes (a number of which he would be at the very least associated with, if not friends with) and representing everything he's hated about such systems, is once again, an awful direction for Jason. It makes no sense for his character. It would be like Dick going the "Ric" route for so long WITHOUT the amnesia excuse.

It at least sounds like Jason is doing this reluctantly. So hopefully there's more to him being with Magistrate than meets the eye.