I really think if Takeshi "Wizkid" Matsuya was used throughout the 90's and beyond, he would have put Forge to shame. Not only does his powers work on metal, plastic and glass to create any machinery he could imagine, he was also a computer genius. I wouldn't have put it pass creative writers to say he could have been an engineer on the level of Tony Stark that didn't need the time or resources that the latter needs to create his stuff.
That's the difference between him and Madison Jefferies: Taki is a genius while Jefferies is just a manganic who needed to work from Bochs' designs and ideas. Taki is the combination of Forge and Jefferies who more than likely understands the science behind his constructions.

I mean, the kid literally made a super-computer that interpreted and amplified N'astirh's spell in minutes -- on the first try -- and after he tried to stall. If that's not Omega level stuff, than I don't know what is.

I can't wait to see what Ewing has planned for him. Ewing is a expansive writer and I can imagine him having Taki doing all sorts of feats with his powers.