Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Newest Scarlet Witch and Vision comic books

Hello,
    I'm completely new to this forum so I hope people can forgive me if this information is already on the site. I've done a search and couldn't find any so I thought I would post this question. I'm a big Scarlet Witch and Vision fan and know they aren't together but am curious about reading the most recent comics about both of them. I think I've caught up on both of their histories and want to read any 2019-2020 books on them. Can anyone help me?

Neither of them are currently in use. They were both in Empyre tie-ins, but haven't had an ongoing book since Avengers No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I think both had a small part in the recent Empyre event... In the Avengers and X-Men tie-ins i believe.

All-New Member

Thank you both for replying. Well, at least I have some idea on what to read. Do you think they will be in any upcoming series?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

You would think, but Marvel will probably just reprint the stuff they have collected so far. I think Robinson's run is getting a new edition. And there's always Tom King's Vision.

You should check out the Scarlet Witch Appreciation thread. There's a lots of info there.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-2020/page195
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

They unfortunately haven't had much together in a long while.

Here is the link to No Surrender https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-...N1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Their best moment as a couple was Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Which I do believe is being re-released in December. It can be found collected on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/Vision-an...XJpZXNTbGlkZXI

https://www.comixology.com/Vision-an...XJpZXNTbGlkZXI

For best reads of either one of them in solo books, there is The Vision by Tom King https://www.comixology.com/Vision-Th...9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

And the Scarlet Witch by James Robinson https://www.comixology.com/Scarlet-W...N1bHRzU2xpZGVy

I hope this helps. We are still waiting patiently for both to show up in any ongoing again.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-15-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

All-New Member

Sorry if this appears twice, it didn't post the first time I attempted to reply to you.

Hi GenericUsername. Thank you for giving me so many links to check out. I had already read the Vision series and found it okay but can't say I liked to see him with someone else. It was a good but very sad story and left me a bit confused. Was Vision completely over Wanda by the end of the storyline?

I also read the Scarlet Witch storyline you suggested and really enjoyed it. She seemed to be in such a good place at the end of the series. I would love it if they continued the storyline about her learning and fighting magic. I know she's with Dr. Voodoo so hopefully more will show up. It's interesting they mentioned the High evolutionary at the end of one of the books since Vision has a link to them as well. I wonder if the writer's put them back together again if they will use Eve as a wedge between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiangirl View Post
    Sorry if this appears twice, it didn't post the first time I attempted to reply to you.

Hi GenericUsername. Thank you for giving me so many links to check out. I had already read the Vision series and found it okay but can't say I liked to see him with someone else. It was a good but very sad story and left me a bit confused. Was Vision completely over Wanda by the end of the storyline?

I also read the Scarlet Witch storyline you suggested and really enjoyed it. She seemed to be in such a good place at the end of the series. I would love it if they continued the storyline about her learning and fighting magic. I know she's with Dr. Voodoo so hopefully more will show up. It's interesting they mentioned the High evolutionary at the end of one of the books since Vision has a link to them as well. I wonder if the writer's put them back together again if they will use Eve as a wedge between them.
    Vision is haunted by his past and it didn't help that he was being manipulated. But the couple themselves have been annulled for a number of years in universe and since 1999 outside of the story. So I think he has some regrets, but I don't think he wants to be with Wanda. They've had so much that has happened between them. I think Vision just wants to find happiness and always related that to family, so he keeps trying desperately to make that happen.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new series featuring both characters -- especially if the streaming series does well. I'd love to see an ongoing series that featured the classic B-listers including Wanda, Vision, Wonder Man, Hank Pym, Jan Pym and anyone else they can add -- Monica Rambeau, Black Knight, Tigra, etc. Too many good characters put out to pasture because they want Avengers to look more like the films.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Is the Scarlet Witch / Doctor Voodoo romance still going on or has Marvel / writers just lost interest in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is the Scarlet Witch / Doctor Voodoo romance still going on or has Marvel / writers just lost interest in it?
    I think the only person who sees it as relevant is Jim Zub since he introduced it.

I'm sure they were going to tie everything to WandaVision, and they don't want to start anything until that's ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only person who sees it as relevant is Jim Zub since he introduced it.
    It's not really that it's only Zub that writes the romance. It's only Zub pretty much that writes Wanda currently. She'll have brief appearances elsewhere, but the rule of thumb has been for a bit now that it's Zub or Wanda is out of comics. So with her being gone most of the time, there is no time for them to show any romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I'm sure they were going to tie everything to WandaVision, and they don't want to start anything until that's ready to go.
    If that were so then they would have featured Wanda much before the show was announced. Wanda has been on TBA status since she came back to comics over 10 years ago. Her solo was a high point. She's been featured in things. But ongoings have been sparce in between long absences.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, for whatever reason, there has been no attempt to feature Wanda or Vision (especially Wanda) regularly, long after they knew that they would be getting their own show. The only material they are doing to tie in with the show is a reissue of their older material.

Wanda's fans go back and forth between worrying that she's being saved for some dumb Hickman X-Men story, and accepting that there is probably no interest in putting her back on the Avengers where she belongs. She's one of many characters who hasn't really been helped in the comics by her increased prominence in film and TV.