Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sometimes I forget that Brian has a PhD and is supposed to be super smart.

He never acts like one.
    Hm, some of the least ‘smart’ people I know have PhD’s, they tend to be experts in their field and stunningly good at a very small range of things. They are often clueless about day to day living and/or lack emotional intelligence.
    Look at Brian and the rest of original Excalibur, Meggan has much more empathy, hell, Rachel, who has had a deeply shitty life has more empathy. Kurt and Kitty have more emotional intelligence. But Brian is technically more intelligent than all of them except Kitty.

So after the stasis issue is X of Swords over or is there more? Cause right now all this just seems like build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Hm, some of the least ‘smart’ people I know have PhD’s, they tend to be experts in their field and stunningly good at a very small range of things. They are often clueless about day to day living and/or lack emotional intelligence.
    Look at Brian and the rest of original Excalibur, Meggan has much more empathy, hell, Rachel, who has had a deeply shitty life has more empathy. Kurt and Kitty have more emotional intelligence. But Brian is technically more intelligent than all of them except Kitty.
    What I mean is that according to official statistics, Brian is intelligent as Sinister, T'Challa, Xavier or Otto Octavius can be, but he never shows his intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So after the stasis issue is X of Swords over or is there more? Cause right now all this just seems like build up.
    That's just the first half

What I mean is that according to official statistics, Brian is intelligent as Sinister, T'Challa, Xavier or Otto Octavius can be, but he never shows his intelligence.
    He was very smart in the original Captain Britain comics. I think that's why Hickman put him in the Illuminati in Time Runs Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He was very smart in the original Captain Britain comics. I think that's why Hickman put him in the Illuminati in Time Runs Out.
    Yeah but rarely is he characterized as someone who stands out for his intelligence.

Fun fact: I've been checking the official intelligence rankings and NANNY is possibly one of the smartest mutants in all of Krakoa.

He did a bunch of cool stuff in the original Excalibur run. He created the Midnight Runner and the Moonlight Flint

Midnight Runner

Moonlight Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It's something Captain Britain fans have complained about since Claremont put him in Excalibur, but unfortunately most American writers love to write him as stupid and arrogant. He's an example of a hero who has become stupider and less capable as time has gone on, though Paul Cornell did try to put a stop to that.

That's just the first half
    Good cause I would have been disappointed.

I think she's angry because he's giving the sword to her, and giving her the Sword of Might is basically saying "you're the violent and murderous twin, you should take the Sword of Might and I deserve the Amulet"
    He wouldn't be wrong about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He wouldn't be wrong about that.
    No, he probably wouldn't, but I can see Betsy being mad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    He did a bunch of cool stuff in the original Excalibur run. He created the Midnight Runner and the Moonlight Flint

Midnight Runner

Moonlight Flint
    Also in the og CB stuff, especially when he discovered the supercomputer below Braddock's Manor. He's supposed to be very smart.

I get Betsy getting mad, but it seemed a bit premature? She automatically assumed Brian brought it for her before he even said anything. It probably would have been more in character to have him tell her she brought it for her, and THEN get really mad about it.

I'm more interested to know when Brian and Jamie became so chummy? In Hellions this week, Jamie was still being he same a-hole he always is and Brian was still meant to be in deep depression over getting the sword. Seems everyone has done a 180.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    haven't you heard ?!? her IQ dropped considerably according to the latest x of swords handbook
    Lol I wouldn't take the handbook too seriously or as definite canon when none of the current x-writers or even editors were involved. They put Logan fighting skills at 7 and his durability at 3 and 4 with the adamentium skeleton when his durability was always described as his strongest asset and put Apocalypse fighting skills at 3 and speed at 5. They said Monet became an X-men in 2014 when she became one during Morrison era in 2002 along with Madrox (who according to the handbook became an X-man in 2018). According to the handbook Rahne, Firestar and Blink are "new recruits", they didn't mention Magneto's team from Uncanny 2016 run and didn't mention the new mutants, gen x or x-corps.