Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So wait. Brian went and retrieved the sword that he asked Betsy to hide? Off panel (like almost everything else in this book)? Did Saturnyne tell them about who needs to get what sword? I’m hoping there are more pages before these, but this is classic Tini writing if there aren’t pages before where everything happens off panel. Where were they when everything was happening on Otherworld? Chilling in the Castle? I can see Betsy not wanting the sword since she told Brian to take it, but that reaction.
    Brian retrieved the sword in Excalibur #9

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    LOL at Jamie wearing Sinister's cape that he got in this week's Hellions.
    Ohh, good catch. I kept thinking "That's a random outfit for Jaime to be wearing". Now it makes much more sense.

That's very nice detail.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    LOL at Jamie wearing Sinister's cape that he got in this week's Hellions.
    Its these little details that REALLY add the next level enjoyment with crossovers.

Scott and Yana's shared dialogue about rain connecting in Cable and New Mutants.
    Jamie with Sinister's cape.
    These connective threads, however small, really elevate the narrative. I love it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    He did? It only showed him looking at the ground. He left when Betsy came out. And the ground wasn’t dug up.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion with Tini Howard comics that the storytelling is probably all there and makes sense.

And it’s too much story so it gets cut out of the 20 pages.

BUT this has been like a trend with her writing style; like there are so many things that happen off panel or we’re one place and now we’re in another or there are story beats that we’re just supposed to get/understand because the writers trust the reader but sometimes it needs to be in the damn issue.

I don’t think it’s an issue to have that criticique especially when multiple people are noticing it.
    Thats pretty much exactly how i feel too. She is actually a really good writer and her novel of notes are probably amazing but for 50 pages of notes on an issue we get 20.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes, it's obvious that's what he was there for. They don't need to show him actually dig it up like ta-da! Again it's obvious. He was driving off when Betsy came out and they didn't show the burial spot.

People would benefit to reread the issues all together. Or you know just pay attention. Or people are just too entrenched into the Tini hate train, because it really seems like folks be skimming the issues and spouting hyperbole. "BaFfLiNg! No SeNsE!"

Zzz

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Yes, it's obvious that's what he was there for. They don't need to show him actually dig it up like ta-da! Again it's obvious. He was driving off when Betsy came out and they didn't show the burial spot.

People would benefit to reread the issues all together. Or you know just pay attention. Or people are just too entrenched into the Tini hate train, because it really seems like folks be skimming the issues and spouting hyperbole. "BaFfLiNg! No SeNsE!"

Zzz
    No. The page read to me that Brian was pathetically looking for the sword and was interrupted when Betsy came out yelling “Brian, I see you!” And then he drove off. So no. It’s not clear that “obviously Brian took the sword then” I read every issue and I’m sorry that I’m not enjoying pretending that everything is “clearly that happened four issues ago blah blah”

Brian getting that sword happened off panel like so many things. Like I said, I’m hoping these are not the first few pages of the book and it explains where they were during the big battle and shows Brian taking the sword. I’m sorry, but this isn’t a Tini hate thing. I read every issue of all the books and this is the only book every month that jump incoherently all over the place. To tell people to “pay attention” is telling me that some of us are just stupid and not understanding what we are reading, when there is not concise storytelling.

BANNED

I forgive you

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    No. The page read to me that Brian was pathetically looking for the sword and was interrupted when Betsy came out yelling “Brian, I see you!” And then he drove off. So no. It’s not clear that “obviously Brian took the sword then” I read every issue and I’m sorry that I’m not enjoying pretending that everything is “clearly that happened four issues ago blah blah”

Brian getting that sword happened off panel like so many things. Like I said, I’m hoping these are not the first few pages of the book and it explains where they were during the big battle and shows Brian taking the sword. I’m sorry, but this isn’t a Tini hate thing. I read every issue of all the books and this is the only book every month that jump incoherently all over the place. To tell people to “pay attention” is telling me that some of us are just stupid and not understanding what we are reading, when there is not concise storytelling.
    Completely agree with that.

Not a fan of Betsy giving Brain so much attitude, even if she's stressed. All that heat should be strictly for crazy pants. Speaking of Jamie, who else misses him literally pulling strings to effect reality? It was such a cool concept design by the great Alan Davis. And too bad Jamie stop walking around in his white thongs. The king has too many clothes, for my liking.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Not a fan of Betsy giving Brain so much attitude, even if she's stressed. All that heat should be strictly for crazy pants. Speaking of Jamie, who else misses him literally pulling strings to effect reality? It was such a cool concept design by the great Alan Davis. And too bad Jamie stop walking around in his white thongs. The king has too many clothes, for my liking.
    White thong with Sinister’s Cape should be his look now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    The heat's always on for Jaime I'm sure. But it's directed at Brian this time because he's literally trying to strip her of her mantle, suggesting she doesn't deserve it.

And she well may not, but no one wants that to be done to them. Especially after what she's already had to put up with. It's very sibling rivalry done right.

Astonishing Member

How is Brian bringing the sword imply that he thinks betsy unworthy of being Captain Britain? He either found the sword earlier or went and found it to bring it for the tournament, but the dumb thing is ‘needed’ for the tournament. Because the prophesy and stopping a demon invasion. It’s not his fault (or his idea) that it’s ‘needed’ to stop a demon invasion, it’s not his fault (or his idea that he’s part of the prophesy thing, he’s not judging betsy about anything. She apparently agreed to the whole sword tournament thing and needs to have the magic/ cursed sword...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    How is Brian bringing the sword imply that he thinks betsy unworthy of being Captain Britain? He either found the sword earlier or went and found it to bring it for the tournament, but the dumb thing is ‘needed’ for the tournament. Because the prophesy and stopping a demon invasion. It’s not his fault (or his idea) that it’s ‘needed’ to stop a demon invasion, it’s not his fault (or his idea that he’s part of the prophesy thing, he’s not judging betsy about anything. She apparently agreed to the whole sword tournament thing and needs to have the magic/ cursed sword...
    The Sword of Might is the sword that Brian picked, and it's the world of violence and rage. He's giving it to Betsy which essentially means he's like "you should take the sword of violence and give back the amulet", which also means he's running from the choice he made. The point is that he's giving it to Betsy.

Also this is 2 (two) pages of a preview! There's likely more to this, people.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do like the tension between Betsy and Brian so it will be interesting to see how this issue plays out. That said, I'm not going to read too much into this one short scene, because we know that they both have to and will be standing on that circle.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-16-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!