Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The one from Fallen Angels or the one from Mystery in Madripoor.
    Fallen Angels I guess. Tbh, I don't even remember what retcon was introduced in MiM. I read that story once, hated it and forgot all about it the next day. But the retcon I'm talking about is the one that revealed that Kwannon was somehow alive this whole time, but Betsy and no other psychic noticed it. And the fact that Kwannon blames Betsy for "stealing" her body even though that's not at all what happened in the original stories. And also all that crap about Betsy having body dysmorphia...But that one came from another terrible story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Fallen Angels I guess. Tbh, I don't even remember what retcon was introduced in MiM. I read that story once, hated it and forgot all about it the next day. But the retcon I'm talking about is the one that revealed that Kwannon was somehow alive this whole time, but Betsy and no other psychic noticed it. And the fact that Kwannon blames Betsy for "stealing" her body even though that's not at all what happened in the original stories. And also all that crap about Betsy having body dysmorphia...But that one came from another terrible story.
    The retcon that Kwannon was in the body. When Sapphire Styx killed Betsy, Betsy reformed her original body out of the soul energy that was in Sapphire, killing Sapphire and recreating her ordinal body. At the end, Kwannon came back to life in her body. That’s when they made Betsy “the body stealer”, which isn’t true at all. They really do need to right that wrong and explain better than “Kwannon was in the body all along” because she wasn’t and she died in Betsy’s original body. There’s an easy way to do it based on previous unrelated storylines.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The retcon also ignores the fact that Kwannon wasn't in hurry to get her body back when she joined the X-Men as Revanche.
    "Cable was right!"

All these confusion proves that we need an arc with both of them so they (the writers and both characters) can make it all clear and in a way that is not offensive on either characters.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What confusion?
    Once you ignore the bad retcon and move past the rubbish resulting there-of there really isn't anything to clarify.
    Betsy is in her new original Caucasian body and kwannon is back to being her Asian self.
    "Closure" is not a necessary thing.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What confusion?
    Once you ignore the bad retcon and move past the rubbish resulting there-of there really isn't anything to clarify.
    Betsy is in her new original Caucasian body and kwannon is back to being her Asian self.
    I agree the result is what we needed. But the way it was handled still leaves room for improvement.

What confusion?
    And Marvel probably want to put the whole thing on the past as fast as they can, is like the comedians and actors who did blackface one time or another, they really want to put it behind them.

Enh!
    Personally, I loved Asian Betsy (the bad stories like CD and switching TP-TK...imo...not so much) so I was not a vocal advocate for both personalities being back in their original bodies. That said...

I do love that Kwannon and Betsy are back in their original forms, now. And I'm glad they are receiving attention nd development by their respective writers. So...I'm good. I don' need yet another writer coming in trying to make sense of a scenario that didn't make that much sense to begin with.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Mighty Member

I think I need closure and to fix this “blame Betsy” theme. They could easily say that when Maddie brought Betsy back during the Sisterhood arc in Uncanny and put her into her original body, that she somehow managed to unknowingly “awaken” Kwannon who died in Betsy’s original body. When Dazzler blew off half of Betsy’s face and returned to Kwannon’s body, Kwannon came back for the ride and laid dormant in the body until Betsy was killed by Sapphire Styx and reconstructed her original body, which awoken the dormant Kwannon in her body. Finally restoring them both. It’s a story and explanation that still shows what happened and yet both are still victims and neither one is the bad guy. I seriously doubt Betsy would have stayed in that body if she didn’t think Kwannon was dead when she died of the legacy Virus.

Your Honours, I rest my case.

Enh!
    Personally, I loved Asian Betsy (the bad stories like CD and switching TP-TK...imo...not so much) so I was not a vocal advocate for both personalities being back in their original bodies. That said...

I do love that Kwannon and Betsy are back in their original forms, now. And I'm glad they are receiving attention nd development by their respective writers. So...I'm good. I don' need yet another writer coming in trying to make sense of a scenario that didn't make that much sense to begin with.
    Except... there's no Kwannon to go back to. There was Revanche, yes. But original Kwannon is a blank slate.

This new Psylocke is basically what Betsy has been for the last 30+ years of comic book publishing. They just change her name to Kwannon with all the powers and features that has been Betsy's.

Aside from all these shenanigans, I'm intrigued on how they're gonna get the new sword in Excalibur #13.

I like Kwannon being a blank slate, more or less. We know who Betsy is. We really have no idea about Kwannon...other than what we got in FA. That's great opportunity for exploration and development of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think I need closure and to fix this “blame Betsy” theme. They could easily say that when Maddie brought Betsy back during the Sisterhood arc in Uncanny and put her into her original body, that she somehow managed to unknowingly “awaken” Kwannon who died in Betsy’s original body. When Dazzler blew off half of Betsy’s face and returned to Kwannon’s body, Kwannon came back for the ride and laid dormant in the body until Betsy was killed by Sapphire Styx and reconstructed her original body, which awoken the dormant Kwannon in her body. Finally restoring them both. It’s a story and explanation that still shows what happened and yet both are still victims and neither one is the bad guy. I seriously doubt Betsy would have stayed in that body if she didn’t think Kwannon was dead when she died of the legacy Virus.
    Something along these lines is what I feel could be a quick and elegant way to do it. Because what I agree is that Betsy is being made the bad guy when they both were victims of reckless writing.

But we shall see. I'm very excited for them both to be alive and active and I hope they are well handled from now on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Something along these lines is what I feel could be a quick and elegant way to do it. Because what I agree is that Betsy is being made the bad guy when they both were victims of reckless writing.

But we shall see. I'm very excited for them both to be alive and active and I hope they are well handled from now on.
    It all comes down to writing. I didn’t like Kwannon in FA, but I’m enjoying who she’s becoming in Hellions. Unfortunately the reverse is true about Betsy.. I’m not enjoying who she’s become and what she’s becoming. That can be said with any character. I really started to hate Kitty in Gold and now I’m liking her again in Marauders (except with that hair from like her first appearance)

Where did Howard call her in "entitled princess"??

And the thing about her body dysmorphia. At first I didnt like it. But when TWO female writers (Leah and Tini) have the perspective and story beat its interesting. They both wanted to follow up on that. If you really think about it. The males writers wouldn't or havent explored that.

Tini is just taking to long to give us insight on Betsy.