Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I’ve come to the conclusion with Tini Howard comics that the storytelling is probably all there and makes sense.

And it’s too much story so it gets cut out of the 20 pages.

BUT this has been like a trend with her writing style; like there are so many things that happen off panel or we’re one place and now we’re in another or there are story beats that we’re just supposed to get/understand because the writers trust the reader but sometimes it needs to be in the damn issue.

I don’t think it’s an issue to have that criticique especially when multiple people are noticing it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion with Tini Howard comics that the storytelling is probably all there and makes sense.

And it’s too much story so it gets cut out of the 20 pages.

BUT this has been like a trend with her writing style; like there are so many things that happen off panel or we’re one place and now we’re in another or there are story beats that we’re just supposed to get/understand because the writers trust the reader but sometimes it needs to be in the damn issue.

I don’t think it’s an issue to have that criticique especially when multiple people are noticing it.
    I want a writer credit if we have to keep piecing together everything that happens off panel. lol

Betsy is written so badly in this title, gosh. And Brian being chummy with Jamie of all people is seriously creepy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Betsy is written so badly in this title, gosh. And Brian being chummy with Jamie of all people is seriously creepy.
    That’s why they dropped her intelligence down to match Meggan’s. I’ve been a huge Betsy fan and this is so disappointing.

Yeah I don’t like her version of Betsy, Gambit or Rogue.

But she’s close with Hickman and isn’t going anywhere.

So it is what it is just gotta ride this one out until we get a Mike Carey, Zeb Wells, Kieron Gillen or Simon Spurrier type writer to write her.

I’m exciting that Duggan is going to write her in Marauders.

And I’m hoping we get Hickman, Ewing, or Ayala’s interpretation of Betsy soon.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-15-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Everyone being chummy with Jamie, actual human slave trader, is beyond bizarre.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I love the cast of this series, not the creative team though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Everyone being chummy with Jamie, actual human slave trader, is beyond bizarre.
    Well, he traded humans, not mutants, so...

I mean Brian had the amulet for a really long time... what if he just wants it back?

edit:
    Honestly now that I think about it, that 'Call me when you need a mutant to walk you through the gate' line is a bit odd considering Jamie, who is also a mutant, is literally standing right there :/
    Last edited by DrMcNugget; 10-16-2020 at 04:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    I mean Brian had the amulet for a really long time... what if he just wants it back?
    Oh well no take backs! You gave it up to your twin sister because your butt was getting possessed by Morgan Le Fey .

He shouldn't need it. It was disposed of for the Davis/Thorpe CB revamp, and only made a brief reappearance for that (not good) mini where he takes over from Roma. His powers shouldn't be coming from that at all. He certainly doesn't need it to be Captain Britain.

Amazing Member

LOL at Jamie wearing Sinister's cape that he got in this week's Hellions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I don’t like her version of Betsy, Gambit or Rogue.

But she’s close with Hickman and isn’t going anywhere.

So it is what it is just gotta ride this one out until we get a Mike Carey, Zeb Wells, Kieron Gillen or Simon Spurrier type writer to write her.

I’m exciting that Duggan is going to write her in Marauders.

And I’m hoping we get Hickman, Ewing, or Ayala’s interpretation of Betsy soon.
    Or...you could just not buy the book, and save yourself a whole ton of money and misery. *not being facetious
    if it's trash after13 issues in it's not going to improve...especially if Tini is clearly going to stay on board.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Do you mean me? Kirby isn't a Pokemon. And I'm less a hater of Excalibur and Betsy in particular than I am baffled by the handling of all this.
    The only Kirby I know is Jack.

So, when you say "uh, she's the worse".... you're referring to Betsy or Tini? Either way it sounds like a very hateful comment.

That being said...the writing is indeed weak. But we have better ways to express our frustration. Ways that don't insult a writer. Specially a female one. And ways that don't insult a character's fandom.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 10-16-2020 at 05:56 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So wait. Brian went and retrieved the sword that he asked Betsy to hide? Off panel (like almost everything else in this book)? Did Saturnyne tell them about who needs to get what sword? I’m hoping there are more pages before these, but this is classic Tini writing if there aren’t pages before where everything happens off panel. Where were they when everything was happening on Otherworld? Chilling in the Castle? I can see Betsy not wanting the sword since she told Brian to take it, but that reaction.
    The prophecy of the swordbearers was deciphered by Polaris in X-Factor #4 and everyone else started to gather their swords after that