Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The Sword of Might is the sword that Brian picked, and it's the world of violence and rage. He's giving it to Betsy which essentially means he's like "you should take the sword of violence and give back the amulet", which also means he's running from the choice he made. The point is that he's giving it to Betsy.

Also this is 2 (two) pages of a preview! There's likely more to this, people.
    ...but he’s not bringing it because he think’s she too violent, he’s bringing it because of the prophesy thing and it’s one of the needed swords. When he had the sword earlier, he gave it to betsy to keep it away from him, because he obviously trusted her. Nothing about trying to get the amulet back.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-16-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Uh what the hell is wrong with Betsy?
    "Well if you don't already know what's wrong, I'm not going to tell you!!"

But seriously, her concern read to me more like "Why did you bring it here? It's out of the way, that sword's supposed to be in Krakoa by now."
    Last edited by Criticalfan; 10-16-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...but he’s not bringing it because he think’s she too violent, he’s bringing it because of the prophesy thing and it’s one of the needed swords. When he had the sword earlier, he gave it to betsy to keep it away from him, because he obviously trusted her. Nothing about trying to get the amulet back.
    No, he's giving it to her. But it's his sword because he chose it. That's essential. And the prophecy calls her a shadow echo of Brian, then Brian gives her his sword.

He assumes that he's the noble twin and she's not. The fact he gave it to Betsy to keep it away from himself should also tell you that he's essentially having Betsy deal with his mistake so he could be the hero and take the Starlight sword.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by his response to Betsy in an earlier issue regarding the Sword of Might, the contrast between Brian's attitude and Doug's with regards to how they see themselves and as part of this tournament, is striking, given both characters' histories.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Judging from this preview the issue does not seem uhh "event friendly". Meaning the reader has to know what happened before in Excalibur to make heads or tails of Betsy's attitude toward her bro...

My one true desire is that Apocalypse never appears in this book again after X of swords.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Mighty Member

There is a lot of inferring apropos of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    There is a lot of inferring apropos of nothing
    I honestly have no idea what people are arguing about most of the time. It’s enough keeping up with things that have actually happened in the books without also keeping track of imaginary events and misinterpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Judging from this preview the issue does not seem uhh "event friendly". Meaning the reader has to know what happened before in Excalibur to make heads or tails of Betsy's attitude toward her bro...

My one true desire is that Apocalypse never appears in this book again after X of swords.
    Event friendly is such a curious term. This is PART NINE.
    Anyone who picks up this issue and JUST this issue is either going to read it and find themselves curious to backtrack or simply abandon it.
    And if they abandon it with the knowledge that this is PART NINE ...well....events are probably not for them. heh.

Lol, I feel Besty. Man I got to much going on...keep that BS over there.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anyone who picks up this issue and JUST this issue is either going to read it and find themselves curious to backtrack or simply abandon it.
    And if they abandon it with the knowledge that this is PART NINE ...well....events are probably not for them. heh.
    This is true

As someone who only read Excalibur 1, and will probably only read it because is part of the event, I don't know what is the doubt here.

Is clear that Brian have 99.999% chance of dying in this, and that the whole problem is just so Betsy can have the right amount of angsty going forward. Probably before sacrificing himlself to defeat some foe we never heard of before, Brian will use his last moments to tell Betsy that she is totally worthy of the Captain Britain title, actually she is more worthy than he ever was.

After that, she will be honoring her brother instead of "stealing" his mantle. Then probably they will pair his wife with Nightcrawler since is what most fans want, I guess.

This is true
    Thank you.
    Also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    As someone who only read Excalibur 1, and will probably only read it because is part of the event, I don't know what is the doubt here.

Is clear that Brian have 99.999% chance of dying in this, and that the whole problem is just so Betsy can have the right amount of angsty going forward. Probably before sacrificing himlself to defeat some foe we never heard of before, Brian will use his last moments to tell Betsy that she is totally worthy of the Captain Britain title, actually she is more worthy than he ever was.

After that, she will be honoring her brother instead of "stealing" his mantle. Then probably they will pair his wife with Nightcrawler since is what most fans want, I guess.
    WOOF! Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Sounds horribly plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hmm.. Perhaps I was not clear. X of swords has been very straight forward. For example, I am not reading Marauders but I didn't really need to. It was just storm going to Wakanada to get a sword. The history of the sword was explained clearly and we see Storm go get it. Same with Wolverine's needlessly long adventure.

Excalibur is different, going by the preview. Betsy is gifted her sword in the first pages and she is pissed at her bro because of something only someone who reads Excalibur can explain.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member

The Sword of Might is the sword that Brian picked, and it's the world of violence and rage. He's giving it to Betsy which essentially means he's like "you should take the sword of violence and give back the amulet", which also means he's running from the choice he made. The point is that he's giving it to Betsy.

Also this is 2 (two) pages of a preview! There's likely more to this, people.
    Or it could mean that he gave it to her be a it was needed for magic whatever and he trusted her with it more than he did with himself? Especially since all the other sword folk are mutants from Krakoa and he’s not so it was probably supposed to go to her?
    I know a don’t know a ton about Captain Britain stuff, but in the beginning of this run, Brian gets possessed, fights it off just enough to give betsy the amulet to save her and make her Captain Britain, and then because of the possession and sword thing, spent the rest of the run in a deep depression. But now he is coniving, trying to force the sword on betsy and snatch the amulet back?

Although the ‘it’s for dramatic tension before Brian sacrifices himself’ is quite probable...