Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like Kwannon being a blank slate, more or less. We know who Betsy is. We really have no idea about Kwannon...other than what we got in FA. That's great opportunity for exploration and development of the character.
    I would have loved for Kwannon to be something other than Asian-Betsy/Psylocke, to have her own unique personality (perhaps she was a quirky fun-loving person, like Yukio, in life? Someone who paradoxically embraced life to the fullest, since she was an instrument of death for the Hand and knew it wouldn't last?), and her own powers (rumor had it she was, at best, a low-level psychic, not a world-class telepath who could make telekinetic swords) such as weak psychometry (better for tracking peeps and learning their weaknesses) and empathy (best to savor their fear, and cauterize her own).

But she's just Asian Psylocke, it seems, kind of quiet and serious. Which, after decades of Asian Psylocke, is kinda dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It all comes down to writing. I didn’t like Kwannon in FA, but I’m enjoying who she’s becoming in Hellions. Unfortunately the reverse is true about Betsy.. I’m not enjoying who she’s become and what she’s becoming. That can be said with any character. I really started to hate Kitty in Gold and now I’m liking her again in Marauders (except with that hair from like her first appearance)
    Agree completely. Of course there are our favorites depending on witch archetypes we admire or identify with. But the writer can really make us love characters we didn't care before. Zeb Wells is a great exemple of this with his Hellions roster.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

I think I need closure and to fix this “blame Betsy” theme. They could easily say that when Maddie brought Betsy back during the Sisterhood arc in Uncanny and put her into her original body, that she somehow managed to unknowingly “awaken” Kwannon who died in Betsy’s original body. When Dazzler blew off half of Betsy’s face and returned to Kwannon’s body, Kwannon came back for the ride and laid dormant in the body until Betsy was killed by Sapphire Styx and reconstructed her original body, which awoken the dormant Kwannon in her body. Finally restoring them both. It’s a story and explanation that still shows what happened and yet both are still victims and neither one is the bad guy. I seriously doubt Betsy would have stayed in that body if she didn’t think Kwannon was dead when she died of the legacy Virus.
    My head hurts lol yeah let's just keep it simple.

Ultimate Member

Well Betsy didn't have the power to create an entirely new body for herself until that recent mini anyway, and years ago she had accepted the new merged more Asian body anyway, then writers changed all that...now leaving Betsy as being a bland character that lost most of her identifiable traits in the split...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    My head hurts lol yeah let's just keep it simple.
    How is that not really that simple after the mess they already made? First it was science and magic in the original arc that changed her look. Then it was “nope, switched bodies” and now it’s Kwannon was always there (which she wasn’t because she died in Betsy’s body as Revanche). Maddie pulled both spirits into the original body and when they died for good, they end back up in Kwannon until Betsy’s death by Sapphire Styx.
    It’s a nice way to tie up loose ends on “What? How?”

It also gives them both Maddie as a nemesis especially after Kwannon finds out Maddie was responsible, instead of just the Shadow King over and over and over.

This getting off topic seriously. Guess we will find out at 3am What’s happened

How is that not really that simple after the mess they already made? First it was science and magic in the original arc that changed her look. Then it was “nope, switched bodies” and now it’s Kwannon was always there (which she wasn’t because she died in Betsy’s body as Revanche). Maddie pulled both spirits into the original body and when they died for good, they end back up in Kwannon until Betsy’s death by Sapphire Styx.
    It’s a nice way to tie up loose ends on “What? How?”

It also gives them both Maddie as a nemesis especially after Kwannon finds out Maddie was responsible, instead of just the Shadow King over and over and over.

This getting off topic seriously. Guess we will find out at 3am What’s happened
    You make a lot of sense and I love it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    You make a lot of sense and I love it.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Where did Howard call her in "entitled princess"??
    In some interview. Or maybe it was podcast.

And the thing about her body dysmorphia. At first I didnt like it. But when TWO female writers (Leah and Tini) have the perspective and story beat its interesting. They both wanted to follow up on that. If you really think about it. The males writers wouldn't or havent explored that.
    I don't like it because it adds fuel to the "Betsy is a body stealer" narrative.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

I don't like it because it adds fuel to the "Betsy is a body stealer" narrative.
    Exactly. Betsy was always comfortable in her body. She was a model after all.

Spectacular Member

i found this issue very uninteresting... too fantasy for me.

Mighty Member

Having read both issues, this is the worst week of X of Swords, and it's not even close.

Not surprised. Were Gambit or Rogue even in it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Having read both issues, this is the worst week of X of Swords, and it's not even close.
    Ah so it's relatively good than. Good to know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Not surprised. Were Gambit or Rogue even in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Oh, as always. Thanks