Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I get Betsy getting mad, but it seemed a bit premature? She automatically assumed Brian brought it for her before he even said anything. It probably would have been more in character to have him tell her she brought it for her, and THEN get really mad about it.
    I agree....

I understand everybody's point of view on how she's acting this way in this thread....but I feel we need(ed) at least maybe a scene before this where Saturnyne talks about what she expects from Betsy and Brian in the tournament.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I get Betsy getting mad, but it seemed a bit premature? She automatically assumed Brian brought it for her before he even said anything. It probably would have been more in character to have him tell her she brought it for her, and THEN get really mad about it.
    Well he did say “i brought it for you” but even if he hadn’t I would think she’s already assumed hence the whole “go stick it on the sigil.” If he was intent to use it himself he didn’t need to come on this part of the journey. He was probably thinking he’d give it to her and she’d give him back the amulet.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-15-2020 at 06:26 PM.

This is a bizarre interaction. I'm seeing everyone thinking Betsy has some sort of weird passive aggressive complex about the sword, when the entire reason they're coming is to bring it because the conflict requires it.

Ugh, she's just the worst.

Whoever does this is going to be putting their life on the line for Krakoa. The bolded 'come get me when you need someone to go through the gate!' makes it sound like she's mocking him for being human. Is she angry that she thinks HE'S been chosen for this? I'm just really, really confused.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 10-15-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm just really, really confused.
    Welcome to Tini Howard's Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Well he did say “i brought it for you” but even if he hadn’t I would think she’s already assumed hence the whole “go stick it on the sigil.” If he was intent to use it himself he didn’t need to come on this part of the journey. He was probably thinking he’d give it to her and she’s give him back the amulet.
    You have a very good point there.

as for the pokemon's post...clearly a hater.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    You have a very good point there.

as for the pokemon's post...clearly a hater.
    Do you mean me? Kirby isn't a Pokemon. And I'm less a hater of Excalibur and Betsy in particular than I am baffled by the handling of all this.

BANNED

I love the lack of energy that this book keeps delivering. You go, Tini, give us nothing again, girl!

BANNED

You know, a lot of the previews aren't the very first pages of the books. We are probably missing some context here. But judging by her saying she'll keep the amulet and the narration about how she was thrust into the role of (a resented) CB without any time to even comprehend her own new skin, her storming off is clearly a response to the mounting doubts harbored against her. Oh also plus the severity of the situation (the 10v10[9?]).

I really can't tell why it's so difficult for people to understand what's going on. If anything, it's a little heavy-handed in its delivery. Y'all were expecting hugs n kissez & tea time or what

Also since Kirby is so confused why she would smugly say call me when u need me..... precisely because she's mutant and they always need her, but currently is resented because she's mutant. That's not hard to parse... nvm
    Last edited by slacker; 10-15-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    You know, a lot of the previews aren't the very first pages of the books. We are probably missing some context here. But judging by her saying she'll keep the amulet and the narration about how she was thrust into the role of (a resented) CB without any time to even comprehend her own new skin, her storming off is clearly a response to the mounting doubts harbored against her. Oh also plus the severity of the situation (the 10v10[9?]).

I really can't tell why it's so difficult for people to understand what's going on. If anything, it's a little heavy-handed in its delivery. Y'all were expecting hugs n kissez & tea time or what

Also since Kirby is so confused why she would smugly say call me when u need me..... precisely because she's mutant and they always need her, but currently is resented because she's mutant. That's not hard to parse... nvm
    My thoughts exactly! I couldn't have worded this better. That's more or less what I understood !

Man, I maintain Marcus To is a great artist (psycwave's avatar - gorgeous!), but R.B. Silva really fits the vibe of the title so well.

Astonishing Member

Resented for being a mutant? She literally helped apocalypse make a giant portal that let the demon army in, lol. And wasn’t Brian supposed to bring that sword? To follow the prophesy? (Which wouldn’t be a thing, if there wasn’t a demon army...)
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-15-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Resented for being a mutant? She literally helped apocalypse make a giant portal that let the demon army in, lol. And wasn’t Brian supposed to bring that sword? To follow the prophesy? (Which wouldn’t be a thing, if there wasn’t a demon army...)
    It seems both Brian and Betsy are both coming from a place of insecurity, doubt, and guilt. Having both failed in their duties as CB.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

I didn't get that at all from the talk. First she's angry at Brian for bringing the sword that he's supposed to bring, then assumes he wants to use it himself before stomping off and being snide. I haven't seen anything in Excalibur to think she'd be resented by Brian because she's a mutant. Saturnyne might not like her, but that's more to do with favoring her brother.

You are definitely right about the preview pages. But that just raises the question of why they chose these pages? Its not a great way to sell the story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Well he did say “i brought it for you” but even if he hadn’t I would think she’s already assumed hence the whole “go stick it on the sigil.” If he was intent to use it himself he didn’t need to come on this part of the journey. He was probably thinking he’d give it to her and she’d give him back the amulet.
    Like honestly, it makes sense that Brian would bring the Sword of Might for Betsy since he's not an X-Gene mutant so he probably already came to the conclusion that Betsy has to wield it.
    As long as it's not Gambit getting crapped on, I'll sleep like a baby.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

So wait. Brian went and retrieved the sword that he asked Betsy to hide? Off panel (like almost everything else in this book)? Did Saturnyne tell them about who needs to get what sword? I’m hoping there are more pages before these, but this is classic Tini writing if there aren’t pages before where everything happens off panel. Where were they when everything was happening on Otherworld? Chilling in the Castle? I can see Betsy not wanting the sword since she told Brian to take it, but that reaction.