• Living in Limbo Extraordinary X-Men

15 23.08%
  • X-Men Gold/X-Men Blue

15 23.08%
  • Other

6 9.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Everything after Secret Wars to Age of Hickman.

I'll give Rosenberg another chance someday but he put out some super hot garbage and massacred muh girl, Illyana.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Everything after Secret Wars to Age of Hickman.

I'll give Rosenberg another chance someday but he put out some super hot garbage and massacred muh girl, Illyana.
    Nah Rosenberg X-men was pure, unfiltered garbage. I get that era was basically filler for Hickman and dox but come on marvel you could have at least gotten a writer that could come up with something half way decent.

Oh god there's so many bad runs to choose from. Yes Austen was BY FAR the worst for me, but I think I'd go with Bendis narrowly edging out Fraction's run for the 2nd worst. Bendis is just all around great set up horrible execution and pointless ending. At least Rosenberg was interesting, even if it was just an interesting mess. X-Men Gold/Blue era (the recent one) and EXM were both bland, but it's actually worse IMO to have a great set up and disappointing end. And at least in those, not everyone spoke in Bendisspeak. The man simply cannot write teams. At all. But Austen was just downright OFFENSIVE, and at least none of these managed to be, at least to me. I know some were offended by Rosenburg's run but I actually enjoyed the mess.

The reason I put Fraction right below is probably not so much Fraction, but Land's art. That and the fact that the whole run was basically the writers giving Cyclops a literary blowjob.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 10-16-2020 at 12:15 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think I honestly enjoy Austen's stuff more than Rosenberg. He tried some wild **** since he had to compete with better writers in the X-Office and some of his stuff stuck around like Mystique f*cking the Devil plus Northstar and Juggs being X-Men but it has weird crap like mutants can't get HIV/AIDS and his schizo X-women sprinkled on top.

Rosenberg put out editorial mandated rubbish like Return of Phoenix and the last Uncanny X-Men reboot and his own babies like Multiple Man and New Mutants: Dead Souls were maddening.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

Gold and Blue were atrocious and not a single thing from those runs will be remembered/relevant. Unfortunately! Because the lineups had potential. I guess bringing Xorn back on the table, giving Jubilee back her powers, and Beak his bird look again are some takeaways. Basically it put a few action figures back on the shelf but... HoX/PoX did that x100 in just a few months.

Amazing Member

Also maybe its because I was 12 when the Austen run came out but a few good things came from that era. I liked Juggernaut’s friendship with Northstar and basically everything having to do w Northstar. It was great as a young queer kid to see a character like that. And it was cool to see development from characters that were not Wolverine and Cyclops. It gave us Husk as a main character ��

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think that is hard to top (Austen) But I'd have to say Fraction. I thought his writing started out strong (like Austen strangely enough) with that Nightcrawler story in Manifest Destiny, but ultimately was quite awful.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think I honestly enjoy Austen's stuff more than Rosenberg. He tried some wild **** since he had to compete with better writers in the X-Office and some of his stuff stuck around like Mystique f*cking the Devil plus Northstar and Juggs being X-Men but it has weird crap like mutants can't get HIV/AIDS and his schizo X-women sprinkled on top.

Rosenberg put out editorial mandated rubbish like Return of Phoenix and the last Uncanny X-Men reboot and his own babies like Multiple Man and New Mutants: Dead Souls were maddening.
    Of course there is the downright boring instead of just the plain awful.