Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Default Superman: Man Of Tomorrow Sales Performance

Seems the film did pretty well but for some reason not a lot of people know it sold well.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Super...y/253702/#News
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Not seeing sales numbers, but I hope it did well! I still enjoyed it overall, tepid ending aside. The Clark and Lois banter was definitely some of my favorite characterization of their relationship. Hopefully come 2022 we’ll get another Superman movie.

**** I ain't even know this movie was out yet.

I've only seen some of the Lobo previews of it, all of which look awesome.

Did it? It's sitting at like $2.4 million in BluRay sales, according to The-Numbers. I guess that's good for 2020 standards, and with the dearth of new releases on video, it's easier for DTVs to top the charts?

I'd be happy to see the film do well .

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Did it? It's sitting at like $2.4 million in BluRay sales, according to The-Numbers. I guess that's good for 2020 standards, and with the dearth of new releases on video, it's easier for DTVs to top the charts?
    It's still ranked number 6 on the Blu-Ray charts being in the top 5 according to the last report basically being in the top 10 since September 12
    https://www.mediaplaynews.com/resear...ended-10-3-20/

And before that it actually topped both Blu-ray and Home Media charts early in its release
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=27449

The problem is that it's a DTV animated film having to contend with blu ray releases of major films like Beetlejuice, Halloween, a recent box office hit like Sonic The Hedgehog, a cult following film like Hocus Pocus and a season 4 release of a hit show like Rick and Morty.
    Last edited by BBally; 10-15-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    It's still ranked number 6 on the Blu-Ray charts being in the top 5 according to the last report basically being in the top 10 since September 12
    https://www.mediaplaynews.com/resear...ended-10-3-20/

And before that it actually topped both Blu-ray and Home Media charts early in its release
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=27449

The problem is that it's a DTV animated film having to contend with blu ray releases of major films like Beetlejuice, Halloween, a recent box office hit like Sonic The Hedgehog, a cult following film like Hocus Pocus and a season 4 release of a hit show like Rick and Morty.
    Is that the Michael Keaton Beetlejuice? I wouldn't normally think a 30-year-old movie would have a big demand for its BluRay release. Meanwhile, there essentially weren't any blockbuster Hollywood flicks released in the spring and summer to become highly-anticipated BluRay releases later in the year. I'm just guessing, but it feels like it'd be easier for a DTV to sneak into these top-ten lists under the given circumstances than in prior years.

On the other hand, there's probably no point in comparing 2020 media sales with any other year. Maybe $2.4 million is a modest number in 2019, but in 2020 it's probably a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Is that the Michael Keaton Beetlejuice? I wouldn't normally think a 30-year-old movie would have a big demand for its BluRay release.
    Remember, we're in October which is also why Halloween is in the top 5, also the Beetlejuice name had an increase in exposure due to both the musical (which was successful but had to stop due to the pandemic) and the character's recent appearance in "Teen Titans Go!". No doubt all that generated some interest in the original film.

Didn't know there was a Beetlejuice musical. Pretty neat.

I don't pay enough attention to sales figures of literally anything to be able to interpret the numbers, but I'm glad it's ostensibly doing well! I very much want this movie to have sequels!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."