Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    649

    Default MCU Thor vs 616 Dracula

    Big Daddy Fangs wants to feast on rich Asgardian blood. Can he drain Thor dry?

  2. #2
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Big Daddy Fangs wants to feast on rich Asgardian blood. Can he drain Thor dry?
    Wall of Lightning forces Dracula to solidify and he can't shapeshift.

    Axe to the heart which is exactly where Thor needs to aim.

    And, no, he won't successfully grapple Thor to bite.
    This is what courage looks like.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    I am too tired to whip out the ridiculous scans of 616 Dracula slapping Silver Surfer around. Just google "dracula vs silver surfer" if you need some laughs.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I am too tired to whip out the ridiculous scans of 616 Dracula slapping Silver Surfer around. Just google "dracula vs silver surfer" if you need some laughs.
    Yep, I've read it. Definitely Spider-Man vs Fire-Lord territory, haha. But he also has tussled with Doctor Strange and a team of X-Men and didn't immediately get his ass kicked, so I think Drac gets underestimated by a lot of people .

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,752

    Default

    Has movie Thor shown any resistance to mind-control? Because if not, Dracula could hypnotize him and make him eat his own hammer.

    And yeah, Dracula gets underrated. He's nearly as powerful as Sabretooth, Mesmero, Storm, Shadowcat, and Vermin combined. That's still not heavyweight by comicbook standards, but it's nothing to sneeze at, especially by movie standards.

  6. #6
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Yep, I've read it. Definitely Spider-Man vs Fire-Lord territory, haha. But he also has tussled with Doctor Strange and a team of X-Men and didn't immediately get his ass kicked, so I think Drac gets underestimated by a lot of people .
    The Silver Surfer one was at least explained right in the story. The Surfer was possessed by a human who had only human speed and reflexes. Dracula still could not hurt him, just avoid getting hit.

    The Dr. Strange one was pure P.I.S. The idea was that Dracula's mind control worked because of surprise and that Strange had never confronted a vampire before. Y'know? As opposed to all sorts of supernatural evils that Strange resisted their mind control when confronting them for the first time? Again, pure P.I.S yo make the story work.

    Dracula's mind control in the comics was portrayed as great against dumb schmucks and average people. It failed miserably against folks with any great strength of will. Plus, it took time. MCU Thor in any arena fight isn't giving him an instant.
    This is what courage looks like.

  7. #7
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    This would go "bell" followed by "biggest lightning strike in the history of lightning strikes" and Drac isn't standing back up.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,752

    Default

    Dracula has survived lightning strikes multiple times.

  9. #9
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Dracula has survived lightning strikes multiple times.
    Not like the ones Thor dishes. Normal people have survived lightning strikes literally all the time. More people survive than die, by far. But Thor dishes magical lightning that does things lightning doesn't do, like waste non-grounded flying spacewhales, blow up half a castle, split a rainbow bridge that took repeated strikes from Mjolnir and emit massive AoE physical blasts.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  10. #10
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Dracula has survived lightning strikes multiple times.
    It's more that the comics have established that lightning strikes force Dracula from mist or whatever into his human form and prevent him from shapeshifting for a while. Once that happens, he's facing a hit that powered through Thanos's defenses.
    This is what courage looks like.

  11. #11
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Dr. Strange one was pure P.I.S. The idea was that Dracula's mind control worked because of surprise and that Strange had never confronted a vampire before. Y'know? As opposed to all sorts of supernatural evils that Strange resisted their mind control when confronting them for the first time? Again, pure P.I.S yo make the story work.

    Dracula's mind control in the comics was portrayed as great against dumb schmucks and average people. It failed miserably against folks with any great strength of will. Plus, it took time. MCU Thor in any arena fight isn't giving him an instant.
    Yeah, their first encounter shouldn't have gone the way it did at all.

    Later on, in the 'End all Vampires' (for the first time) storyline, it was a Dracula empowered by the dark magic of a Darkhold coven, slowly growing more and more powerful (explicitly noted in the comics) to the point where in their final confrontation, he was vastly stronger than he had ever been, invulnerable to sunlight and a stake through the heart, etc.

    Still got ashed by the full power of the Montessi Formula. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •