Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you have any feelings on Leslie Thomkins?

She's held several different places in Bruce's life (and different relative ages). Do you have any strong feelings about her or what you think her personality or her role should be?

She's just not that important to me, personally. I've liked her at times, though, certainly. There are definitely places and ways that I think she could work. But I think I prefer her as the doctor running the clinic who has funding from the Wayne Foundation and/or has had some sort of interactions with Batman, but doesn't know he's Bruce Wayne. Someone who may have strong working relationship, but not someone who knows his innermost secrets or had a hand in raising him or whatnot.

Well, she's still dead.
    Like Alfred.

Is Gordon dead too? I wonder how long he will last.

I liked Leslie. Was an interesting charavtsr for the drama. She was flawed, but she was a different view outside the fam that did know the fam pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, she's still dead.
    Like Alfred.

Is Gordon dead too? I wonder how long he will last.

I liked Leslie. Was an interesting charavtsr for the drama. She was flawed, but she was a different view outside the fam that did know the fam pretty well.
    Wait, did she die again? I thought that was a fakeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wait, did she die again? I thought that was a fakeout.
    Was it? I confess I wasn't following the story throughout. Last I saw, she was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Was it? I confess I wasn't following the story throughout. Last I saw, she was killed.
    If you mean the Tec issues by Tomasi leading to 1000, she was "killed" in some weird simulation that Bruce was running. As far as i know, she hasn't appeared again since then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you mean the Tec issues by Tomasi leading to 1000, she was "killed" in some weird simulation that Bruce was running. As far as i know, she hasn't appeared again since then.
    I think I mean that one, yeah.
    Oh, I see how I got misleaded. I didn't know about the sim.

Spectacular Member

her being a pacifist is bullcrap after reading war games i lost all respect for her certain brand of non violent.

Well, glad I didn't miss Leslie dying again .

In all seriousness, I like having a normal person in Gotham whose job it is to heal and contrast with all the violence we see and make a counterpoint for Bruce's crusade, albeit sometimes she can get a little peachy. And with Alfred as the surrogate father we have Leslie as a surrogate mother.

Leslie? Meh.
    I care about her to the same extent as Dr Huss (Kate's Therapist), and by that I mean - not at all.

I like Leslie for the most part but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have a bit of a grudge against her for War Games. I like the concept she introduced, as a medical professional who offers help to everyone, good and bad. I like that Bruce, for as secretive as he is, has someone outside of his circle of heroes that he trusts with his identity. But....man War Games was...something lol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Leslie's fine, they made her too fine, actually, how old is she supposed to be again, but it's kinda hard to care about another parental figure when her role as the one to comfort Bruce has been divided among Alfred and Gordon as well

If Jason still operating out of Crime Alley I would've like her as his supporting cast. She'll get more screen time that way. Bruce can have Alfred and Gordon, Jason has Leslie and Faye Gunn

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Honestly, I really don't care for her. Her naïve pacifism and constant lecturing are both extremely aggravating to me. I know she's supposed to be this beacon of hope in Gotham but her main purpose seems to be giving Bruce a hard time over being Batman and that makes her comes off as extremely self-righteous. Her role as a parental figure/moral conscience is also largely redundant considering the existence of Alfred.

Her story in Detective Comics 1000 was easily my least favorite of the book.

I like her. She fills a unique role as a doctor working on the hard streets of Gotham. Her maternal role with Bruce is interesting. The Bat family can be heavy on the testosterone, so a female presence as a older woman, a mother figure, gave her a unique position.
    I hated what they did with her in War Games, of course.
    The character was adapted in some unexpected ways in Gotham the tv series, but I really liked her in that as well.

DC Comics Historian

I miss her very much in the grand scheme of the books. I think Greg Rucka writes her the best and they haven't really used her since War Games and Murderer/Fugitive. She lends a very much needed voice of reason and I hope they bring her back now especially since Alfred is gone. Since Alfred is no longer there to suture wounds it would only make sense to have Leslie ALA Night Nurse do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Leslie's fine, they made her too fine, actually, how old is she supposed to be again, but it's kinda hard to care about another parental figure when her role as the one to comfort Bruce has been divided among Alfred and Gordon as well

If Jason still operating out of Crime Alley I would've like her as his supporting cast. She'll get more screen time that way. Bruce can have Alfred and Gordon, Jason has Leslie and Faye Gunn
    Yeah, she's depicted as being way too young these days.