Astonishing Member

Default Supergirl (Smallville) vs Supergirl (Arrow 'verse)

Battle of the Kara's! Who wins?

VS

Supergirl from Arrowverse. I believe she is depicted as stronger on that show.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Supergirl from Arrowverse. I believe she is depicted as stronger on that show.
    Doesn't matter how she is presented to the Superman of her own series. Smallville/OGCW Supergirl was presented as on the same level as her cousin, who is head and shoulders above the Kryptonians of the current CW verse.

Dude is in the same speed tier as CW Barry, and is stronger and tougher than pretty much every live action Kryptonian ever to exist.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Smallville wins.

Way more superior in everything. Feats and such included.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Doesn't matter how she is presented to the Superman of her own series. Smallville/OGCW Supergirl was presented as on the same level as her cousin, who is head and shoulders above the Kryptonians of the current CW verse.

Dude is in the same speed tier as CW Barry, and is stronger and tougher than pretty much every live action Kryptonian ever to exist.
    Good point. Smallville Supergirl was on the level of Smallville Clark and also had flight. I don't know if she wins strictly on her own feats because I don't remember them that well but any reasonable argument is going to acknowledge that the Kryptonians of that setting are way above the power level of CW Kryptonians.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Good point. Smallville Supergirl was on the level of Smallville Clark and also had flight. I don't know if she wins strictly on her own feats because I don't remember them that well but any reasonable argument is going to acknowledge that the Kryptonians of that setting are way above the power level of CW Kryptonians.
    Yeah since Clark flew into a planet and pushed it away in Smallville finale.

Nothing has come close.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Doesn’t the comic happen after the show?

Yeah, that comic Super Girl would murder current CW Supergirl.

Didn't CW Supergirl lift and throw something into space that weighed millions of tons?

Which still isn't comparable to a planet, not to talk about the speed difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Didn't CW Supergirl lift and throw something into space that weighed millions of tons?
    No, she lifted it up and flew up i to space with it and let it go. Tuckered her out something fierce iirc.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Did Kara match evenly with EOS Clark or at an earlier point of time?

Have to admit, I never got around to finishing Smallville, which is my loss because the show really was so ahead of its time

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Did Kara match evenly with EOS Clark or at an earlier point of time?

Have to admit, I never got around to finishing Smallville, which is my loss because the show really was so ahead of its time
    She was pretty much consistently presented as on his level. Which is pretty much a standard for all Kryptonians from the same universe, is it?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    She was pretty much consistently presented as on his level. Which is pretty much a standard for all Kryptonians from the same universe, is it?

You might be right. I just thought that maybe at some point between when they met and end of series, Clark had undergone some form of power up or something

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You might be right. I just thought that maybe at some point between when they met and end of series, Clark had undergone some form of power up or something
    Nah, he got stronger and stronger as the series went on, notably in the first few years. This was mostly due to maturity. He never had an explicit powerup. Early on, he was badly bruised when somebody opened up an Uzi on him. By the end of the series, he pushed a planet away from Earth at extremely high speed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan