View Poll Results: Favorite X-Crossover?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mutant Massacre

25 26.32%
  • Fall of the Mutants

17 17.89%
  • Inferno

25 26.32%
  • X-Tinction Agenda

17 17.89%
  • X-Cutioner's song

10 10.53%
  • Fatal Attractions

5 5.26%
  • Phallanx Covenent

5 5.26%
  • Age of Apocalypse

33 34.74%
  • Onslaught

4 4.21%
  • Operation Zero Tolerance

3 3.16%
  • Messiah Complex

36 37.89%
  • Second Coming

26 27.37%
  • Age of X

18 18.95%
  • Battle of the Atom

3 3.16%
  • Other

7 7.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I was about to post this lol.
    It's like the people who's favorite X-Man is Beast, even after the last 10 years. Let them have their fun.

I thought X-Tinction Agenda was an excellent read. Generally speaking, I really enjoy sci-fi stories that speak to the world around us, or at the very least, draw influence from contemporary events.

At the time, Claremont was really on his game. In my humble opinion, he used the concept of a fictional island nation (Genosha) to tell an interesting story and highlight the injustice of being considered a second-class citizen in your own country. I know the plot featured your standard superhero fare (i.e. spandex, bright primary colours, etc.), but I still hold it in high regard.

Genosha is clearly intended as a fictional stand-in for Apartheid-era South Africa and the crossover holds a mirror up to what was an inhumane and cruel regime. I thought Claremont did an excellent job of demonstrating the differing points of view on the island i.e. not every human depicted was an unapologetic bigot. Some were very committed to overthrowing the regime and ending discrimination and injustice. Others were utterly wedded to the idea of racial superiority. For me, the complexity of these competing viewpoints and ideologies made Genosha "feel" authentic and real, as opposed to a simplistic "cardboard cut-out".

Also. this is probably cheating (as it's not actually an X-Crossover strictly speaking) but I've always had a soft spot for BloodTies

Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredSpecies View Post
    X-Tinction Agenda ...a simplistic "cardboard cut-out".
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Messiah Complex and Second Coming work well together in an Infinity War / Endgame way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Messiah Complex and Second Coming work well together in an Infinity War / Endgame way.
    Agreed, Inferno is still my favorite of these picks though.

Astonishing Member

Mutant Massacre is my favorite cross over. X Tinction Agenda and Inferno were also fun to read. Kings of Pain and Days of Future Present as well.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

HoXPoX is the best event book, Inferno is my favorite classic crossover, and Age of X is my favorite modern crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Is 'Age of X' this Dawn of X/House of X thing going on this last year or so, or that silly thing with X-Man creating a loveless 'utopia' awhile back? 'Cause if it's this one, then hell yes, but if it's the X-Man mind-control Jesus / Apocalypse love-guru thing, then, no...
    The X-Men Legacy/New Mutants crossover written by Mike Carey in the Utopia era. The Nate Grey stuff was Age of X-Man (sigh).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Age of X, by far ! Nice design, sexy art, mind blowing stories, interesting couples...
    Right on, absolutely Clay Mann killed it, Second Coming was also pretty good , Bastion came pretty close to annihilating, total 5d chess game

1. AoA
    2. Onslaught
    3. Second Coming
    4. Fatal Attractions
    5. AoX
    6. X-Cutioner's Song
    7. X-Tinction Agenda
    8. Messiah Complex
    9. Phalanx Covenant
    10. Operation: Zero Tolerance

Fantastic Member

Yeah I have a hard time seeing someone vote Battle of the Atom.

AoA is top for me.

Though there's a lot of good ones.

AoA - so fun. Magneto's X-men and the cool new designs. Apocalypse reigning supreme. Alpha and Omega are 2 of my favorite books.
    X-Cutioner's Song - I think this was my first real crossover as a kid. X-Force fighting the X-Men then teaming up. there was a lot going on.
    Phalanx Covenant - I loved this as it led to Gen X. the short lived Emma/Banshee/Jubilee/Sabretooth team was good. then we got Synch added in.
    Fatal Attractions - some memorable moments with Magneto pulling the adamantium and Colossus swapping sides for a bit.
    OZT - the fun trio of CeCe, Marrow, and Iceman. plus Maggott!
    Onslaught - was fun in the build up but feel the actual ending and Onslaught just being some entity didn't deliver

all fond memories of growing up with.

I'll say Necrosha was probably my most disappointed crossover. It had this potential to be so good. all we got was Cypher ..... and they tried to make him badass when it just doesn't work. It could have been so much more.

The only thing more disappointing I can think of is the Weapon X/Neverland resolution. Though it probably doesn't count as a crossover. We got a damn internment camp with tons of mutants there and this wicked Weapon X program and again the resolution was so disappointing. the X-Men did nothing.

Spectacular Member

Definitely Messiah Complex, that had me glued to my seat each week for the next issue...x of swords is doing pretty decently.

X-Cutioner's Song if only for the Wolverine, Bishop, and Cable team-up.

I'll always have a soft spot for X-Cutioners song since that was the 1st big crossover I read as a kid. Hoping X of Swords turns out good, haven't had a real good crossover since Second Coming.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

My vote goes to X-Tinction Agenda, with Inferno a close second.