Default Rune King Thor vs Ultra Instinct Goku

Which of these ultimate OP versions of these already OP base characters takes it?

Round 1: the Arena

Round 2: abandoned Earth (everyone else temporarily dimension-dumped for the battle)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I assume Goku is fast enough to blitz as I don't recall Rune King Thor having speed feats much beyond his normal form.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, RKT has the ability to do really nasty things to UI Goku, but I don't think he's got the time to uncork them. Given what UI does to Jiren in the ToP and to Moro in the manga, and given that just SSG is capable of dealing damage on a "some fragment of a universe scale" Goku is gonna punch Thor in the face. Really hard.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, RKT has the ability to do really nasty things to UI Goku, but I don't think he's got the time to uncork them. Given what UI does to Jiren in the ToP and to Moro in the manga, and given that just SSG is capable of dealing damage on a "some fragment of a universe scale" Goku is gonna punch Thor in the face. Really hard.
    Followed by giving him a Senzu.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Followed by giving him a Senzu.
    I can see it happening.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Well yeah, thor is a pretty decent guy, I can see those two getting along great, beating up on eachother.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Yeah, agreed. I don't doubt Rune King Thor's firepower or output. But I'm also hard-pressed to think of a single speed feat that would be out of the ordinary for regular Thor, too. Maybe Thor has it but just hasn't been creative enough to do it? But even if that were the case, there's still no feats to imply that.

The most I can think of are travel speed, and even then it's either the hammer without Thor hanging on, or using the Rainbow Bridge, and neither of those are combat speed feats.

Well, Rune King Thor could wipe creatures like Mangog from reality, and no-sell blows from him.

Sadly that ain't enough here, Goku gonna punch his head off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I can see it happening.
    Then Goku punches him in the face really hard again. followed by giving him another senzu bean. And another punch. And another senzu bean. The cycle just keeps going until Thor runs in terror from the sadistic monster and its cruel cycle of beating followed by healing.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Then Goku punches him in the face really hard again. followed by giving him another senzu bean. And another punch. And another senzu bean. The cycle just keeps going until Thor runs in terror from the sadistic monster and its cruel cycle of beating followed by healing.
    Cue the meme of "Why are you running?".