Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Oh btw

    Alfred = 50
    Bruce = 37
    Kate = 35
    Dick = 25
    Babs = 28 (but sometimes I feel like she's at the same age or even younger than Dick)
    Jason = 21
    Steph = 18 (Notice the same 10 years difference between Babs and Steph? That's because I love Babs as "Dick" for "Damian"'s Steph, thanks to Miller's Batgirl.)
    Tim = 17
    Cass = 16
    Duke = 16
    Damian = 13

    Yes, I am on the opinion that Bruce adopts Dick on his early twenties, much like Dick "adopts" Damian also on his early twenties. Also Cass is younger than Tim, because reason

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Oh btw

    Alfred = 50
    Bruce = 37
    Kate = 35
    Dick = 25
    Babs = 28 (but sometimes I feel like she's at the same age or even younger than Dick)
    Jason = 21
    Steph = 18 (Notice the same 10 years difference between Babs and Steph? That's because I love Babs as "Dick" for "Damian"'s Steph, thanks to Miller's Batgirl.)
    Tim = 17
    Cass = 16
    Duke = 16
    Damian = 13

    Yes, I am on the opinion that Bruce adopts Dick on his early twenties, much like Dick "adopts" Damian also on his early twenties. Also Cass is younger than Tim, because reason
    Yes, Bruce seems to me to be only about 10-12 years older than Dick and took him as a partner in his early 20s. I view Dick as 12 when he's adopted. 25 or so is how I view Dick currently, so Bruce would be 35-37 tops.

    Barbara would either be the same age as Dick or a 1-2 years older/younger depending on what continuity we're looking at at the time. Damain is 13, but since he grew in an artificial uterus and Talia has access to fully grown clones of him, there is precedent for his age to be tweaked without needing to account for 13 years in Bruce's timeline.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Yes, Bruce seems to me to be only about 10-12 years older than Dick and took him as a partner in his early 20s. I view Dick as 12 when he's adopted. 25 or so is how I view Dick currently, so Bruce would be 35-37 tops.
    Hmm, I always think of Bruce as 25 when he donned the cowl, and 26 when he got custody of Dick. I'm not sure why, except I read somewhere long ago (but have never found a source since I checked out not nearly all of the old issues) that in early days we saw Clark and Bruce have 26th birthdays. I don't really like the traveled-the-world-anonymously-for-years or trained-by-assassins bits. Which the second was kinda repeated with Tim and Shiva, and I just don't like my heroes training with bad people (unless maybe they take them down right after). I go 10-12 for Dick on becoming Robin, too. I know about the golden age birthday licks (though he had 14 candles on cake, I think). I know Wolfman used 8. But Wolfman also said Dick knew Donna since they were 13 and in actual unretconned history, they absolutely did not. And Dick absolutely did not act that young. But like I said, some of it depends on whether I'm thinking about the character's age in general or thinking of the whole family.

  4. #34
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Bruce - mid to late 30's
    Gordon - early 60's
    Alfred - mid to late 60's
    Dick - early 20's
    Barbara - Like 25
    Jason - late teens to early 20's
    Tim, Cassandra and Spoiler - mid to late teens
    Catwoman - early to mid 30's
    Damian - 13

  5. #35
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Hmm, I always think of Bruce as 25 when he donned the cowl, and 26 when he got custody of Dick. I'm not sure why, except I read somewhere long ago (but have never found a source since I checked out not nearly all of the old issues) that in early days we saw Clark and Bruce have 26th birthdays. I don't really like the traveled-the-world-anonymously-for-years or trained-by-assassins bits. Which the second was kinda repeated with Tim and Shiva, and I just don't like my heroes training with bad people (unless maybe they take them down right after). I go 10-12 for Dick on becoming Robin, too. I know about the golden age birthday licks (though he had 14 candles on cake, I think). I know Wolfman used 8. But Wolfman also said Dick knew Donna since they were 13 and in actual unretconned history, they absolutely did not. And Dick absolutely did not act that young. But like I said, some of it depends on whether I'm thinking about the character's age in general or thinking of the whole family.
    Bruce was confirmed as 25 in Year One I think, but pre-COIE I think he was meant to be a few years younger when he started and Robin joined him early. Dick became Nightwing at either age 19 or 20, but I've also seen talks in this place that Clark and Bruce were only confirmed to be 29 or so by the time COIE rolled around. So Bruce would be 29-30 tops when Dick became Nighwing, but that was before COIE retconned things around further and we had to add umpteen other kids to the timeline lol.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bruce was confirmed as 25 in Year One I think, but pre-COIE I think he was meant to be a few years younger when he started and Robin joined him early. Dick became Nightwing at either age 19 or 20, but I've also seen talks in this place that Clark and Bruce were only confirmed to be 29 or so by the time COIE rolled around. So Bruce would be 29-30 tops when Dick became Nighwing, but that was before COIE retconned things around further and we had to add umpteen other kids to the timeline lol.
    Well, it's not like 1985 timeline matched 1945 timeline (Donna's rescued-by-Diana origin story proves that). There was a bit of push in the early 1970s to define Bruce and Dick's relationship (which was frequently called father/son in some older stories, at least) as brotherly. I think part of that was keeping Bruce young. Shipped Dick off to college. Same writer and same idea with Roy and Ollie - I don't think Ollie even thought about Roy. I just think the family dynamic wasn't wanted. By the mid-1970s stories, I was seeing the father/son thing again some more, though. But treated more father/grown son-ish, even though Dick was still in college, so that worked for me.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    I always saw Bruce and Selina as being in their mid to late 30s . Like anywhere from 35 to 38. As for everyone else:

    Alfred: Anywhere in his 60s.
    Dick and Babs: 23-26
    Jason: 21
    Tim and Steph: 17
    Cass and Duke: 16
    Damian: 13-14

  8. #38
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Oh btw

    Alfred = 50
    Bruce = 37
    Kate = 35
    Dick = 25
    Babs = 28 (but sometimes I feel like she's at the same age or even younger than Dick)
    Jason = 21
    Steph = 18 (Notice the same 10 years difference between Babs and Steph? That's because I love Babs as "Dick" for "Damian"'s Steph, thanks to Miller's Batgirl.)
    Tim = 17
    Cass = 16
    Duke = 16
    Damian = 13

    Yes, I am on the opinion that Bruce adopts Dick on his early twenties, much like Dick "adopts" Damian also on his early twenties. Also Cass is younger than Tim, because reason
    The way Kate is used these days I can't buy her as being close to the same age as Bruce. Combine that with how she tends to get lumped in with the Bat-Kids during some events, and the way Bruce treated her in the 'Tec Tynion run, as well as literally setting a babysitter on her in her second solo; then add to that where she fits into the timeline of only being Batwoman for a little over 2 years - IMHO she has to be significantly younger than him. Plus I find it jarring when they keep having her say stuff like "I've been to war", and since she didn't actually graduate, when did she go to war? If she did, must have missed it. Some of the writers seem to forget that she was a cadet, not a veteran.

    Of course, if she's too young that messes with Bab's age because Batgirl should be younger than Batwoman.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-17-2020 at 06:10 PM.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Conceptually, I liked Kate as unrelated to Bruce and rarely working with him. But that's not the way it works. I have never thought of her as the same age as Bruce. I know that was canon at one point, but it's just never embedded itself in my brain. I always thought of her as early to maybe mid 30s when we met her v. a Bruce that was 40+. So yes, similar in age to Barbara, to me. Of course, Barbara wasn't Batgirl anymore and hadn't been for years back then.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Bruce- 50
    Dick-26
    Jason- 23
    Tim-17
    Damian- 12
    Babs- 30
    Steph-17
    Cass-16
    Alfred- 72
    Gordon-60

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Conceptually, I liked Kate as unrelated to Bruce and rarely working with him. But that's not the way it works. I have never thought of her as the same age as Bruce. I know that was canon at one point, but it's just never embedded itself in my brain. I always thought of her as early to maybe mid 30s when we met her v. a Bruce that was 40+. So yes, similar in age to Barbara, to me. Of course, Barbara wasn't Batgirl anymore and hadn't been for years back then.
    One chapter in her Rebirth series had Kate and Bruce at the same funeral as children and they looked similar in age.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One chapter in her Rebirth series had Kate and Bruce at the same funeral as children and they looked similar in age.
    Right. I knew it was canonical, but couldn't recall if New52 or Rebirth. I was thinking it was at the time that they said Bruce was 31, which a no-go for me.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One chapter in her Rebirth series had Kate and Bruce at the same funeral as children and they looked similar in age.
    Twice: funeral of Thomas and Martha Wayne, and then Gabrielle and Elizabeth Kane, but both were in the Detective Comics Rebirth, not her solo:






  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Right. I knew it was canonical, but couldn't recall if New52 or Rebirth. I was thinking it was at the time that they said Bruce was 31, which a no-go for me.
    He's said to be 32 in New 52 Batman Endgame

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, Bruce seems to me to be only about 10-12 years older than Dick and took him as a partner in his early 20s. I view Dick as 12 when he's adopted. 25 or so is how I view Dick currently, so Bruce would be 35-37 tops.

    Barbara would either be the same age as Dick or a 1-2 years older/younger depending on what continuity we're looking at at the time. Damain is 13, but since he grew in an artificial uterus and Talia has access to fully grown clones of him, there is precedent for his age to be tweaked without needing to account for 13 years in Bruce's timeline.

    Dick getting adopted at 12 makes Bruce being any age under 40 feel weird.
    OP characters make me itch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •