Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's iffy for me. It's difficult for me to think of just one of them and not make all their ages relative. So, there's a difference when I make an effort to do that v. the family as whole. But certain ones are still tied to each other, rather than independent (Bruce and Selina, Barbara and Jim, etc.)

When Bruce come to mind, it's the older Bruce with all of them there. Mid 40s.

Dick - always an adult by default in my head. Minimum 23, maximum 27, and working solo as Nightwing.

Alfred - he varies - I don't actually like him as Bruce's parent, but it's there. I tend to think of him as "15 years older than Bruce" but I'm really very variable and accepting of a wide variety of ages (not like he gets drawn a consistent relative age over the decades)

Barbara - also tend to think of in Oracle or post-Oracle phase - early 30s

Jason - I don't really follow the character, as I'm not an anti-hero guy. I tend to think of him as 20-23. This would not happen with me thinking of him relative to Dick and Tim (as a Batfam), because I hate him being made closer to Dick's age than Tim's - he's supposed to be no more than 2 years off Tim and at least 7 years off Dick.

Tim - Big division there. To me there are two Tims - the 15 year old solo-Robin series guy who lived with his dad and an 18/19 year-old independent Tim (neither Red Robin or Drake as a code name works for me, but he should get one of his own)

Steph - always the same age as Tim

Cass - still stuck in the past with her. Relative age would be 2 years older than Tim, but I still tend to think of her as 17/18

Damian - For a while I still thought of him as 10, since they spent a while recalcitrant to draw him older, and he was seemingly aged up for no other reason that to be a teen for Teen Titans, but the 13/14 year old is overtaking that now. Lack of kids Jon contributes.

Gordon - 25-35 years older than Barbara if I'm thinking about Barbara. If I'm not, then he's not a young man when he and Bruce meet and not yet retired when Damian arrives. Beyond that, I'm good.

Selina - within 2 years of Bruce's age (close enough to call "the same age" among people in their 20s). I hate her significantly younger and especially when she's made closer to Dick's age. I do have an attachment to their first meeting. When Dick is a kid and Robin and Bruce is in his mid-20s. She's an adult, a peer to Bruce when they meet. Not <21. And the timing of that meeting and them coming into each other's lives matters to me. I usually think of her in context of Bruce. Usually current day, so 40s, but if I'm thinking past, I line it up with how old Bruce should be.

Edit: I posted about this on my Tumblr a few years ago. Opinions have moved a little since then as characters age, and those were all pegged relative (the entire family consistent instead picking each one at random points in time), and because I've grown increasingly unfond of Alfred raising Bruce the more I've thought about it.
    Dick used to be a bit younger than Babs but they were both deaged in New 52 to 21, and while now aged back up a bit, they're still contemporaries. I'd say late 20s for both (27 sounds about right). Steph's never been the same age as Tim, she's at least one year older, as when Tim became Red Robin, he was still in high school (though about to drop out), while when Steph became Batgirl at the same time, she started university. Due to New 52 de-aging, they're probably the same age now as they were 10 years ago, having regained the age they lost but not aged up any further.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alfred 64
    Gordon 47

Bruce 35
    Selina 33

Kate 27
    Dick 26
    Jason 23
    Babs 25

Duke 16
    Tim 17
    Cass 16
    Steph 17
    Damian 13

Are Damian and Duke the only ones who haven't been de-aged at some point yet? Or am I wrong and they've been de-aged too? Wait, has Alfred or Gordon ever been de-aged?
    I know that Alfred, Jason, Kate, and Damian have been dead at some point, and with the exception of Alfred also got brought back to life.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Alfred 64
    Gordon 47

Bruce 35
    Selina 33

Kate 27
    Dick 26
    Jason 23
    Babs 25

Duke 16
    Tim 17
    Cass 16
    Steph 17
    Damian 13

Are Damian and Duke the only ones who haven't been de-aged at some point yet? Or am I wrong and they've been de-aged too? Wait, has Alfred or Gordon ever been de-aged?
    I know that Alfred, Jason, Kate, and Damian have been dead at some point, and with the exception of Alfred also got brought back to life.
    Gordon's de-aged from white haired and retired to red haired and tired

Spectacular Member

Bruce 45

Dick 28-30

Jason 25

Tim 19-21

Damian 13-14

Extraordinary Member

Edit: I posted about this on my Tumblr a few years ago.
    That list looks right to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Alfred has never had defined age. Btw. Alfred died and came back to live in the 60s.

Gordon was imo much older pre Flashpoint, he had usually white hair and had differet health issues in comics from 80s and 90s (and 70s?).

Damian is afaik the only one who got "up-aged", in with Rebirth he went from being 10 directly to being 13 (even if he still is drawn like a 10 year old).

Appart from Gordon Cass seems to be the only character who is still younger than pre flashpoint, back than she was the same age as Jason, now she seems to be Dukes age.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dick used to be a bit younger than Babs but they were both deaged in New 52 to 21, and while now aged back up a bit, they're still contemporaries. I'd say late 20s for both (27 sounds about right). Steph's never been the same age as Tim, she's at least one year older, as when Tim became Red Robin, he was still in high school (though about to drop out), while when Steph became Batgirl at the same time, she started university. Due to New 52 de-aging, they're probably the same age now as they were 10 years ago, having regained the age they lost but not aged up any further.
    I'm aware. I don't prefer Dick and Barbara as contemporaries. I know many do. I hated her being deaged the way she was (him, too, but she was deaged more and earlier). Steph was 15 when pregnant, and Tim was indicated the same (he had his driver's permit by time the Robin series started, and while I know he had a special license, nothing of special permit was mentioned), though there may have been more age difference earlier or may not have (she had a scooter and he made a permit question and one occasion one of them claimed they were the same age and another occasion one claimed her older, but neither would have known each others ages at the point they commented).

Bruce - 45

Selina - 42

Alfred - 68

Dick - 32

Barbara - 34

Tim - 16

Stephanie - 15

Cass - 15

Duke - 16

Jason - 27

Astonishing Member

He's labeled as 16 in the bio in We Are Robin #4. But that may well be contradicted by another reference. Nonetheless, Riko Sheridan was at Gotham Academy in issue #13 (believe there is a continuity issue there, but can't quite recall what it was). Damian was a student there in issue #7. I liked GA, so I do think about it a bit in terms of Damian's age, which affects my perception of Duke's.
    I admit, I coulda sworn it was 17, but again, I could easily be misremembering. (And I kind of recall the inconsistency from Gotham Academy might have been with the timing. Basically, certain events in Superheavy and in Gotham Academy happen when the We Are Robin crew have mostly gone on their 10-minute retirements. I know Duke's was doing his, for sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ah, I see where your coming from. placing Duke in the pre-Flashpoint is a little hard for me, but I think from a narrative standpoint I would probably have him closer to Damian age than an older Tim. while I feel an older Duke could be cool in pre-Flashpoint, I'm with you, I would want to maintain Duke and Damian's relationship.
    The Batbooks really are crappy when it comes to keeping the feel of family running through the books.

Duke and Cass was one of the highlights of Outsiders and Robin Wars had the foundations for a promising relationship between Duke and Damian but that has so far been ignored.
    Also liked the dynamic between Dick and Duke/Duke and Jason.

it's a bummer that the writers don't do more to make them feel like family/ close allies.

Is it canon that Steph is older than Tim? I think Cass was either younger or the same age as Tim.

Babs' age is all over the place depending on the continuity. First she was several years older than Dick, then in Post-Crisis she started being depicted as only a few years older, and now they're practically the same age. I think most people just assume she and Dick are close in age now aside from those rare instances where we get a young Batgirl and an adult Nightwing.

My absolutely baseless perception right now is:

Alfred <- 70 or so
    Leslie <- 60-65
    Bruce <- 42-43
    Kate <- 32-34
    Barbara <- 28-30
    Dick <- 25-27
    Jason <- 22-24
    Cassandra <- 19-21
    Stephanie <- 19-21
    Tim <- 18-20
    Duke <- 16-17
    Damian <- 13

They aren't anything official, but it's how I think they feel or should feel like.

I think Cass was either younger or the same age as Tim.
    In post-COIE in one issue they said she was two years older than Tim, the same age Jason would be. Of course, Jason was in 7th grade right before he died (at least in the annual) and so would have been the same age or slightly younger than Tim when died, using that age. But later it's said he was 15 when he died (Tim was introduced as 13 the next real-world-year). May have gotten different ages at different times, of course, because that's how comics work.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-17-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Alfred - 71
    Bruce - 40
    Kate - 37
    Dick - 22
    Jason - 21
    Tim - 16
    Damien - 11
    Cassandra - 18
    Stephanie - 15
    Flamebird - 17

Barbara - 21
    Com. Gordon - 56
    Harvey Bullock - 43
    Renee Montoya - 36

Leslie Thompkins - 61
    Selina Kyle - 33
    Huntress - 28
    Jean Paul Valley - 35
    Julia Pennyworth - 43

Harley Quinn - 30
    Harvey Dent - 41

Lucius Fox - 54
    Luke Fox - 22
    Tamara - 16
    Tiffany - 12

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Also liked the dynamic between Dick and Duke/Duke and Jason..
    This. I want more Duke and Jason interaction. Actually Jason, Duke, and Clownhunter should hang out in the future, have some nice chat with bashing Joker as main topic, and dancing while circling bonfire made of Joker's corpse. Babs can get invited as honorary member.