Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    A lot of my guesses are based of the those made by 'The Real Batman Chronology Blog"

https://therealbatmanchronologyproje...modern-ages-2/
    His timeline looks pretty wrong for me. He has Bruce as batman for 5 years before he takes Dick in (typically it is only 1 or 2 years) and Dick as robin for only 4 years (thats typically 6).

And he changes the starting ages around, Jason was 12 in his debut (not 13) and Tim was 13 not 11.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    His timeline looks pretty wrong for me. He has Bruce as batman for 5 years before he takes Dick in (typically it is only 1 or 2 years) and Dick as robin for only 4 years (thats typically 6).

And he changes the starting ages around, Jason was 12 in his debut (not 13) and Tim was 13 not 11.
    They're making their own timeline. The links below is where he explains the canon timeline such as the Tim Drake canon one and his alteration

Bruce - mid thirties
    Kate - early thirties
    Barbara- late twenties
    Dick - mid twenties
    Jason, Cassandra- early twenties
    Tim, Stephanie - late teens
    Damian - early teens

I’m with Frank Miller in that it’s weird if Batman is older than me (26 when Frank wrote DKR) and I like the idea of DC making a hard commitment to evolve the mythos in core books...so establish him as firmly 50+ and let the universe tell stories of old man Bruce mentoring a wild and sprawling family. Dick the guy who is just nailing mid-age and Barb a timeless icon in only her 40s. Jason, Tim and Steph at the peak of their first careers before life throws curve balls heading into 30s. Damien the grizzled teen whose feigned maturity is more endearing than than lived-in. Every other upstart and trial hero i.e Luke, Duke, Bluebird or whoever is both living in their shadow and also given room to shine.
    Last edited by nepenthes; 10-21-2020 at 04:13 AM.
    Potion or drug bringing welcome forgetfulness; genus of tropical carnivorous plant

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In New 52 timeline Jason became active Robin only 3 years before the present day New 52, immediately after Dick went to college and became Discowing.
    So he trained for 6 months, became Robin, maybe only for the rest of the 6 months, gets killed, immediately resurrected.
    Then he spent a year training with the League of Assassins and All-Caste during which time Tim became Robin.
    Tim was NEVER Robin in New 52. He was Red Robin from the start.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

For Rebirth, young

Bruce I've at around 37,

Dick 23,

Barbara 23,

Jason 20,

Tim 19,

Stephanie 19,

Cassandra 18,

Kate around 35 (with how they're presenting her as Bruce's age)

Damian 13.

So, Dick was Robin for 4 years (13-17), Jason was Robin for 1 (14-15), Tim was Robin for 2 (15-17), Damian for 2 (11-13)

This is as crushed and as squished as I can get while still having a sizable gap between Dick and Bruce, here Jason and Dick were Robin at the same time, which isn't ideal but neither is having a youthful Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Bruce - mid thirties
    Kate - early thirties
    Barbara- late twenties
    Dick - mid twenties
    Jason, Cassandra- early twenties
    Tim, Stephanie - late teens
    Damian - early teens
    Kate should be older than Babs. It's weird having Batwoman be younger than Batgirl
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I'm going to work on the basic that Bruce adopted Dick Grayson at age 12 (I know lol), and try to reverse engineer it from there. Babs was always older than Dick. Over the years they reduced the age gag until I believe they were the same age during New 52.

Bruce: 38
    Alfred: 63
    Dick: 25
    Babs: 28
    Jason: 19-20
    Tim: 17
    Cassie: 18
    Stephanie: 18
    Damian: 12
    Duke: 16
    Kate: 34
    Selina: 32
    Jim: 54

I know Tim was established as being in College in Young Justice, but that was Bendis writing that. And with Tim presumably returning back to being Robin again I have to imagine that they are going to revert to writing him like he's a teenager again.

Jason is another character who kind of retroactively get aged up overtime but my gut always tells me that his relatively short tenure in-universe as Robin combined with Tim taking up the mantle not long after his death makes me believe those two are closer in age rather than Jason to Dick.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-29-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Batman: 43
    Nightwing: 23
    Babs/Oracle: 30
    Jason: 20
    Tim: 17
    Stephanie: 16
    Kate Kane: 33
    Cass Cain: 15
    Helena Bertinelli: 28
    Damian: 12
    Selina: 43
    Talia: 35
    Last edited by John Venus; 10-30-2020 at 05:10 AM.