Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Future State: Which legacies would you have added?

So Future State is finally announced. The 5G that never was, a move to seemingly bring more diversity to DC's line...
    Except most of the legacies are of the very white Big 6.
    So which ones would YOU have added to celebrate diversity or represent heroes who are missing from Future State?

I'd have liked to see the following:
    Black Lightning family: Older Thunder & Lightning, plus Thunder's adopted children with Grace Choi.
    A Bronze Tiger legacy.
    Vixen's successor getting a book.
    Courtney Whitmore as Starwoman, leader of the new JSA.
    Khalid as an experienced Doctor Fate.
    The children of Hour Man and Jesse Quick.
    The grown-up Tornado Twins.
    A new Great Ten in China + new Super-Man.
    Future Cyborg.
    The legacy of Mr. Terrific.
    Jaime Reyes getting the importance he deserves.

Wallace as a speedster named Defiance.
    Instead of the Tornado Twins, I'd use the Wonder Twins and the leads for "Dial H for Hero".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-16-2020 at 08:38 AM.

A solo book for the new Flash, so we can get to know him better. The Justice League has a brand new Flash, but the solo is about a depowered Barry and a possessed Wally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Future State is finally announced. The 5G that never was, a move to seemingly bring more diversity to DC's line...
    So which ones would YOU have added to celebrate diversity or represent heroes who are missing from Future State?

Black Lightning family: Older Thunder & Lightning, plus Thunder's adopted children with Grace Choi.
    A Bronze Tiger legacy.
    Future Cyborg.
    Pretty much these & Id would giving Red Hood a family

Jason Rousch revive Firestorm, well cause the legacy characters are on the bench....again!

The JSA with Courtney as Starwoman leading the team and with members like Maxine as Red Tornado, Khalid as Doctor Fate, Jakeem Thunder, Jade,etc.
    A new incarnation of the Terrifics with members like Offspring as the new Plastic Man or Phantom Girl as a new Phantom Lady.
    Thunder and Lightning older.

Extraordinary Member

Connor Hawke as Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

A Bronze Tiger legacy.
    Future Cyborg.
    DC barely/rarely uses Vixen as it is. I would have been very surprised if they had given her a successor in this entire thing.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

Well it would be nice for DC to remember Infinity Inc exists and could be used as something beyond villains (Obsidian, Brainwave, kinda Atom Smasher and Norda) and C list fodder (Jade, Lyta, Hector at least twice, Beth and Yolanda).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Khalid and Connor Hawke definitely, maybe on next gen JSA
    Damian, Jaime and Tanya being a mentor on TT Academy instead of the Academy's destruction, Deathstroke and NTT crew again
    Justice League that includes Wonder Twins, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Connor Hawke as Green Arrow
    That would have been so great!

Karen & Malcolm with there super powered kids
    Equinox with family

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Pretty much these & Id would giving Red Hood a family
    Don't you know? Jason needs to be the "evil Robin" no matter what! So if the other Bats do good, he has to do evil. So he got no time for a family!

Not that I don't agree with you, barring Lobdell (now doing his own thing with Netflix I think) and a bit with Tom Taylor, most writers just retread the same thing with Jason nowadays. Though Judd Winick did do a nice little short story on him a little bit ago, but he was also the one to do UTRH in the first place. Hell, just having him with Artemis and Bizarro would be nice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    DC barely/rarely uses Vixen as it is. I would have been very surprised if they had given her a successor in this entire thing.
    Also because Mari herself is already in Future State, so there wouldn't be a new Vixen anyway.

She's in Shazam which is seemingly actually a team book as part of his new team. Alongside, The Question, Miss Martian (won't deny I kinda admit I wish she was on the League for this just to have full OG7 legacy but this team is so nuts that it's fine), Bunker, and Tanya Power Girl. (Crazy ass lineup I know)

Also as for me... literally anything Green Arrow. Haven't seen a peep of any of Team Arrow in all this. Connor Hawke, Emiko, Roy Harper literally ANYONE as the new main Arrow person, hell even just an old Ollie if they want to go that route. There a DC Mainstay yet them and their whole mythos seem to be totally irrelevant in this event.

And yeah the new Flash should of really gotten a solo so we would get to know them.

Also some Hawk Legacy would of been nice.

Not a legacy thing but I do hope we get clarification on what the hell Hal and J'onn are up to, they aren't mentioned in the solicits. I assume Arthur just retired to be King full time after handing the mantle to Jackson.
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-16-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Hawkman - Hawkman is coming off a reintroduction in Metal, a revitalization with a revised (streamlined) origin from Venditti's run, and major press from his casting in Black Adam leading the JSA, it would've been the perfect time by giving him his own Future State title; cement his place a legitimate legacy within the DC universe. Hawkman is perfect for Future State, he should be DC's take on an Avatar: TLA-like character, with a variety of compelling cultural spins on the concept.

Terrifics - Like Hawkman, Mister Terrific is coming off one of the best runs in his character's history and it set him up perfectly to cement his place as a legitimately legacy within the DC universe. We could've had the child of Mr. Terrific and Mrs. Terrific (who's an angel now(?)) as the new Mr/Ms Terrific, leading a new iteration of the Terrifics with Plastic man's son, Blue Beetle, and other characters that would fit.

Black Lightning - Black Lightning has always been DC's best option for a independent black legacy, and their best candidate for a black character at a genuine A-list hero; it's a mystery why they haven't been shopping him to talent trying to make him stick. This could've been a great time to elevate his profile by having him having a Future State one-off next to Dark Detective and Immortal Wonder Woman. Like maybe he could've stepped up as a leader to heroes as the Trinity began to fall but before the new guys took over or something. iunno how they could've done it but he should be up there as a way of draw in interest, and then ducktail into some solo stuff for him after the fact.

Vixen - Vixen like Black Lightning should've been put up for a Future State book too as a way to draw eyes in preparation for whatever they have in store for her after. We know she has a limited series of some kind coming up and if the rumors are true and they are planning a Vixen movie, then they are going to need to start pumping out prestige Vixen content to help prepare her catalogue for adaptation. maybe like Black Lightning they could have a future state title where she's holding it down in the time between 2020 and 2030, maybe even pass on the mantle to a new Vixen.

These characters are the ones i feel are best positioned to promote more characters of color as legitimate legacies in the DC landscape, and Future State would've been the perfect way to acclimate people to the idea that "hey, these guys are just as good as the Trinity. you can see people of color be cool over here too guys!" so they can be used more prominately going forward.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."