Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I want a teen Flash with a green costume who calls herself Green. "Green means... GO!"

So many random words lying around yet to be used. Fleet, Dash, Sprint, Windsprint, Fastforward, Marathon, etc.
    Dash is one of the Incredibles, lol.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Hawkman - Hawkman is coming off a reintroduction in Metal, a revitalization with a revised (streamlined) origin from Venditti's run, and major press from his casting in Black Adam leading the JSA, it would've been the perfect time by giving him his own Future State title; cement his place a legitimate legacy within the DC universe. Hawkman is perfect for Future State, he should be DC's take on an Avatar: TLA-like character, with a variety of compelling cultural spins on the concept.

Terrifics - Like Hawkman, Mister Terrific is coming off one of the best runs in his character's history and it set him up perfectly to cement his place as a legitimately legacy within the DC universe. We could've had the child of Mr. Terrific and Mrs. Terrific (who's an angel now(?)) as the new Mr/Ms Terrific, leading a new iteration of the Terrifics with Plastic man's son, Blue Beetle, and other characters that would fit.

Black Lightning - Black Lightning has always been DC's best option for a independent black legacy, and their best candidate for a black character at a genuine A-list hero; it's a mystery why they haven't been shopping him to talent trying to make him stick. This could've been a great time to elevate his profile by having him having a Future State one-off next to Dark Detective and Immortal Wonder Woman. Like maybe he could've stepped up as a leader to heroes as the Trinity began to fall but before the new guys took over or something. iunno how they could've done it but he should be up there as a way of draw in interest, and then ducktail into some solo stuff for him after the fact.

Vixen - Vixen like Black Lightning should've been put up for a Future State book too as a way to draw eyes in preparation for whatever they have in store for her after. We know she has a limited series of some kind coming up and if the rumors are true and they are planning a Vixen movie, then they are going to need to start pumping out prestige Vixen content to help prepare her catalogue for adaptation. maybe like Black Lightning they could have a future state title where she's holding it down in the time between 2020 and 2030, maybe even pass on the mantle to a new Vixen.

These characters are the ones i feel are best positioned to promote more characters of color as legitimate legacies in the DC landscape, and Future State would've been the perfect way to acclimate people to the idea that "hey, these guys are just as good as the Trinity. you can see people of color be cool over here too guys!" so they can be used more prominately going forward.
    Wow this is such a good list, you wonder how the people who are in this business did not make the above decisions. Once again, DC dropping the ball hard and showing they really dont care about the diversity the way they make it seem. Its all smoke and mirrors...

Since every JL member has legacy/family members I would like to see a character who is a mentee for Cyborg.

I would like to see Lian Harper come back and be a legacy for her father or maybe helm the Red Hood mantle.

Zoe Lawton as Liveshot and leading the Suicide Squad or a task force team not connected to Amanda Waller (Justice League Task Force?).
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-24-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A solo book for the new Flash, so we can get to know him better.
    I’d rather see them just use the Crimson Comet.

Cassie as Fury.

Joke answer- Quicksilver as the new Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Dr Fate is mentioned as being in the Justice League comic, which has a Justice League Dark backup story. Which why they didn't get their own comic...

No Lobo though?
    Lobo does have a daughter now, Crush. Half Czarnian half human (no mention on the human mother though).

As for in general legacies; there's so many things I would have done different with how they actually did it, it would take too long. Mainly the Justice League group of Future State.

Before the reveal of Future State's Justice League. I actually would like to see a Justice League team which consists of younger characters in their early-mid 20's and teens in the present time as the future JL. I like Jon Kent and Luke Fox but I would like to see a Justice League being helm by their immediate successors with Dick Grayson as Batman and Wally West as the only Flash. I would like to see the JL have a similar format to JLU animated where there are lots of members and being assigned for different missions.

New Justice League
    - Superwoman (Kara Zor-El)
    - Batman (Dick Grayson) as Co-Leader
    - Wonder Woman (Cassie Sandsmark)
    - Aquaman (Jackson Hyde)
    - The Flash (Wally West)
    - Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    - Martian Manhunter (M'gann M'oorz)
    - Cyborg as Co-Leader
    - Starfire
    - Changeling
    - Raven
    - Vibe
    - Shazam (Billy Batson)
    - Firestorm (Jefferson Jackson/Madison Payne)
    - Starwoman (Courtney Whitmore)
    - Blue Beetle (Jaimie Reyes)
    - Doctor Fate (Khalid Nassour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Before the reveal of Future State's Justice League. I actually would like to see a Justice League team which consists of younger characters in their early-mid 20's and teens in the present time as the future JL. I like Jon Kent and Luke Fox but I would like to see a Justice League being helm by their immediate successors with Dick Grayson as Batman and Wally West as the only Flash. I would like to see the JL have a similar format to JLU animated where there are lots of members and being assigned for different missions.

New Justice League
    - Superwoman (Kara Zor-El)
    - Batman (Dick Grayson) as Co-Leader
    - Wonder Woman (Cassie Sandsmark)
    - Aquaman (Jackson Hyde)
    - The Flash (Wally West)
    - Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    - Martian Manhunter (M'gann M'oorz)
    - Cyborg as Co-Leader
    - Starfire
    - Changeling
    - Raven
    - Vibe
    - Shazam (Billy Batson)
    - Firestorm (Jefferson Jackson/Madison Payne)
    - Starwoman (Courtney Whitmore)
    - Blue Beetle (Jaimie Reyes)
    - Doctor Fate (Khalid Nassour)
    I feel like the team was approaching something similar to this before the New 52. If we can't get it in comics, I'd like to see something similar out of Young Justice season 4.

Astonishing Member

I think if you're doing an alt-future it's always a good idea to adhere somewhat to the "core cast", so in the DCU's case that means the Justice Leaguers especially the classics (so including not just Aquaman, GL and Flash, but an idea of what Green Arrow, Hawkman, and a few others are up to), Bat Family and Super Family, your core, and then probably your not necessarily popular, but "well known" stick-around concepts like Suicide Squad and maybe a Swamp Thing. So I do think sticking to the principals to explore your "all new all different" future is important for the concept to have good bones, easy to understand parameters.

But in the interest of like weird characters I'd like to see in a wild alt-future? Oh man ... I can't help but go Twilight of the Superheroes and want to see a Captain Marvel Dynasty and such. And I'd love to see an OLD MAN DEATHSTROKE riff again because why not.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like the team was approaching something similar to this before the New 52. If we can't get it in comics, I'd like to see something similar out of Young Justice season 4.
    Yeah, didn't the pre-Flashpoint JLA team include Dick as Batman, along with Donna Troy, Cyborg, and Jesse Quick?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bumblebee and Herald Daughter now under the code name of Voltage she has Sonic Electrical based powers now she can absorb Energy in any form and shoot a destructive sonic energy bolt and has the ability to Fly and she leads Titans L.A. with other new members such as...

the Olympian son of Troia father unknown has the power of the Olympian Gods

Psimage Daughter of Omen and Tempest has the psionic abilities of her mother n the sorcery powers of her father

Soulman Son of Jericho and Onyx has his father abilities to possess other bodies love instrest to Psimage.

Beastling Daughter of Beast Boy

Graydon=Son of Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon has been trained by both of his parents .

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Pretty much these & Id would giving Red Hood a family
    Red Robin too.

A new Green Arrow/Black Canary pop up- they are the kids of Dinah and Ollie.

Children of the Titans

Nightstar - Daughter of Dick Grayson and Queen Starfire. Princess Mar'i of Tamaran has inherited his father's leadership and charisma as well as her mother's strength and power.

Kid Flash - Daughter of Wally West and Linda Park-West. Irey is a second-generation superhero who wears the mantle of Kid Flash just like her father.

The Turtle - Son of Wally West and Linda Park-West. Twin son of Kid Flash, Jai lost his connection to the Speed Force but he now wields the Still Force.

Speedy - Daughter of Roy Harper and Cheshire. Lian Harper just like Irey is a second-generation superhero who wears the mantle of 'Speedy' just like her father. She serves as one of the team's tactican and strategist.

Aqualad - Son of Garth and Dolphin. Ceridan inhertied both his father's sorcery and mother's strength.

Wonder Boy - Son of Donna Troy and Roy Harper. Robert Harper just like his half-sistee serves as one of the Team's Tacticans and is empowered by the Titans.

Cube - Son of Cyborg and Sarah Charles. One of the Team's Scientist. George Marvin Stone is of both worlds, the divine and mortal realm he is a living and breathing mother box. A Demi-New God.

Nevermore - Son of Garfield Logan and Raven. The Team's most powerful member. Raphael Logan has inherited most of his mother's psionic and magical capabilities and some of his father abilities.

Feedback - Daughter of Bumblebee and Herald. Rhea Duncan serves as one of the team's scientist along with Cube.

Esper - Daughter of Lilith. Lyra Clay is the Team's primary Telepath and precog.

Psyche - Son of Jericho. Grant Wilson II, named after his late uncle possess a multitude of psionic abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, possession and astral projection, he is also a trained fighter.

Panthress - Daughter of Red Star and Panthra. Yelena Kovar possess her mother's feline ferocity and some of her father's power.
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-29-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Children of the Titans

Nightstar - Daughter of Dick Grayson and Queen Starfire. Princess Mar'i of Tamaran has inherited his father's leadership and charisma as well as her mother's strength and power.

Kid Flash - Daughter of Wally West and Linda Park-West. Irey is a second-generation superhero who wears the mantle of Kid Flash just like her father.

The Turtle - Son of Wally West and Linda Park-West. Twin son of Kid Flash, Jai lost his connection to the Speed Force but he now wields the Still Force.

Speedy - Daughter of Roy Harper and Cheshire. Lian Harper just like Irey is a second-generation superhero who wears the mantle of 'Speedy' just like her father. She serves as one of the team's tactican and strategist.

Aqualad - Son of Garth and Dolphin. Ceridan inhertied both his father's sorcery and mother's strength.

Wonder Boy - Son of Donna Troy and Roy Harper. Robert Harper just like his half-sistee serves as one of the Team's Tacticans and is empowered by the Titans.

Cube - Son of Cyborg and Sarah Charles. One of the Team's Scientist. George Marvin Stone is of both worlds, the divine and mortal realm he is a living and breathing mother box. A Demi-New God.

Nevermore - Son of Garfield Logan and Raven. The Team's most powerful member. Raphael Logan has inherited most of his mother's psionic and magical capabilities and some of his father abilities.

Feedback - Daughter of Bumblebee and Herald. Rhea Duncan serves as one of the team's scientist along with Cube.

Esper - Daughter of Lilith. Lyra Clay is the Team's primary Telepath and precog.

Psyche - Son of Jericho. Grant Wilson II, named after his late uncle possess a multitude of psionic abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, possession and astral projection, he is also a trained fighter.

Panthress - Daughter of Red Star and Panthra. Yelena Kovar possess her mother's feline ferocity and some of her father's power.

This...in spades.

Awesome.