Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Immortal Hulk is not just a great modern comic, it's got be one of the best runs period. I don't have a lot of hope for Marvel thee days, or comics in general, but there are some books that are still carrying the torch.
    Agreed. Zdarsky's Daredevil has been great too!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

To me Ms. Marvel feels like this generations Peter Parker. The nerdy kid who wakes up with powers. I'm glad you loved her series! It only gets better and better, in my opinion. It's just a fun time.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Nick Fury series is great too.

I find older Marvel comics to be vastly overrated to be honest. The modern stuff besides Spider-Man is way more up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    To me Ms. Marvel feels like this generations Peter Parker. The nerdy kid who wakes up with powers. I'm glad you loved her series! It only gets better and better, in my opinion. It's just a fun time.
    Yes I agree with this. I am having as much fun reading her as I am my old Spiderman issues. Has moved to my top 5 Marvel Characters :P
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Okay I admit it. I was wrong about newer comics...
    I'm glad for you.
    For myself, this October is the first month I haven't bought a new issue of any kind since 1975.
    There just isn't anything out there catching my interest.
    Still working on back issues though.

Incredible Member

Wouldn't say you have to read it but Peter David's run on The Incredible Hulk was great. ...well,near the end not so much but still. lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Okay I admit it. I was wrong about newer comics...
    I'm glad for you.
    For myself, this October is the first month I haven't bought a new issue of any kind since 1975.
    There just isn't anything out there catching my interest.
    Still working on back issues though.
    Do you borrow them from the library because I find it hard to believe that you never read a Marvel book past 1975?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Do you borrow them from the library because I find it hard to believe that you never read a Marvel book past 1975?
    No! That's not what I said.
    I have bought at least 1 comic book (useally more) from the summer of 1975 until October of this year.
    October of this year is the first month that I haven't bought a new issue of any kind. From any company.
    And I don't see myself getting anything new for the forseable future.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Nick Fury series is great too.

I find older Marvel comics to be vastly overrated to be honest. The modern stuff besides Spider-Man is way more up my alley.
    One of the points with older Marvel Comics is their standing out from the other books on the rack at the time. Certainly some stuff from the 60s and 70s for Marvel was great, but there were also runs and issues that fell into the hump of the quality bell curve.

Mighty Member

Zdarsky’s run on Spectacular spider-man is one of my favourite spider-man runs ever.
    Venom by cates is probably my favourite book on shelves.
    Uncanny X-force is a classic

Not exactly current, but I’m reading Grant Morrison’s new X-men, hickman’s run kind of serves as a spiritual successor to it.