Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I assumed it'd keep publishing as it'd wrap up around the rest of these titles do before the relaunch and it's already pretty disconnected from the rest of the DC universe anyway.
    I remember now that Lee said he didn’t want to do a general relaunch, instead focusing on each “area” at a time. I dismissed that as bull given the state of DC’s sales. But this Future State does look to be getting attention, so maybe they will do that. Some new series in March will get launched but otherwise you’ll see more of a staggered relaunch, with a new GL series in May. That could work.

Definitely getting Nightwing, Immortal Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman and The Other History of the DC Universe.

I'm still not sure what team Teen Titans will be focusing on and the X-Men angle weirds me out tbh, so that's a pass for now.

There are a couple more FS comics that seem interesting like Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Swamp Thing, but the money will decide in that case.

JL I'd only pick up for Yara and Jo, so it depends on how much attention they will be given, while picking up Next Batman just to get at most 20 pages of Batgirls is just too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I remember now that Lee said he didn’t want to do a general relaunch, instead focusing on each “area” at a time. I dismissed that as bull given the state of DC’s sales. But this Future State does look to be getting attention, so maybe they will do that. Some new series in March will get launched but otherwise you’ll see more of a staggered relaunch, with a new GL series in May. That could work.
    Yeah, some of the cancelled books, the Superman books (we know Bendis is finished with them in December), Justice League, and Flash will presumably relaunch in March. As you say, we know there's two issues left in the current run, so GL is due in May. Batman and Detective will probably not relaunch at all, December's solicits didn't indicate either writer was leaving.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, some of the cancelled books, the Superman books (we know Bendis is finished with them in December), Justice League, and Flash will presumably relaunch in March. As you say, we know there's two issues left in the current run, so GL is due in May. Batman and Detective will probably not relaunch at all, December's solicits didn't indicate either writer was leaving.
    Tynion has confirmed he's staying indefinitely at the moment, he was supposed to be filler up to #100, but they changed plans due to great sales
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I can't muster enough interest in Future State to pick up even one of the titles. Except for possibly during the Covid shutdown earlier in the year, this is the first time in 45+ years I'll only be getting ONE comic in a month's time: THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE.

A month full of nothing.

Suicide squad

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

future state: aquaman #1
    future state: dark detective #1 & #2
    future state: immortal wonder woman #1
    future state: superman of metropolis #1
    future state: superman vs. imperious lex #1
    future state: superman: worlds of war #1
    future state: superman/wonder woman #1
    future state: wonder woman #1
    amethyst tpb

The Superman stuff looks wildly imaginative, so I'm there for that.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-21-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Still holding out for the new DC.

Some nice trade dress and logos, though.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

How did I miss that they were pulling a Paralax with Wally, LoL.

LOL at Carnage Wally...

Barry loses his powers again? Maybe he needs super glue.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 10-20-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Superman vs. Imperious Lex for me, since I never miss a Mark Russell book. Aside from that, I agree with the guy who summarised January as a month full of nothing.