Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Glad we got Spencer fixing all of Slott "great" ideas.
    He really understands who PP is, his sense of humour is good, and he can make Spidey more serious in certain situations. But what I really love about this run, is that he does not make Spider-man look like a fool.

Anybody remember manchild Peter and "crazy town banana pants"? Yhhh. I'm glad that's not coming back anytime soon.

As for the interview, very cool. I look to the future with curiosity. Part of me wants Last Remains to be a prelude to unamking of OMD, especially since Spencer feels like he's talking about it ... but I don't have much hope. We'll see.

At least, maybe we will get an explanation who F.A.C.A.D.E was? :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Glad we got Spencer fixing all of Slott "great" ideas.
    He really understands who PP is, his sense of humour is good, and he can make Spidey more serious in certain situations. But what I really love about this run, is that he does not make Spider-man look like a fool.

Anybody remember manchild Peter and "crazy town banana pants"? Yhhh. I'm glad that's not coming back anytime soon.

As for the interview, very cool. I look to the future with curiosity. Part of me wants Last Remains to be a prelude to unamking of OMD, especially since Spencer feels like he's talking about it ... but I don't have much hope. We'll see.

What are you talking about? Peter has been a ping-pong ball this entire run who has everything decided for him. He does look like a fool!

It’s like Spencer wanted to put him through purgatory but forgot about that it was actually supposed to amount to something.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What are you talking about? Peter has been a ping-pong ball this entire run who has everything decided for him. He does look like a fool!

It’s like Spencer wanted to put him through purgatory but forgot about that it was actually supposed to amount to something.
    Considering what's happening with Last Remains . . . it could still amount to something, after all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    That, or Harry was revived, but the Kindred persona (Mysterio was revived before OMD, after all), much like the Goblin persona, was simply buried and only recently reasserted itself.

Knowing about Kindred kind of explains why Quentin would run away to the Ultimate Universe, though - maybe he was trying to get out of his deal!
    Honestly I've been wondering how the Ultimate thing connects with Kindred, considering ASM#1 establishes that Kindred was waiting for Mysterio to do **** but got tired of waiting, I kinda assumed that he went to Ultimate to practice there with a more inexperienced Peter, but your explanation makes more sense, going to Ultimate to escape from Kindred is a pretty good idea lol.

Reminds me that Spidey did capture F.A.C.A.D.E. in one of Slott's ASM issue, but since Spidey was trying to prevent NY from being nuked, he didn't care about learning who it was, even though F.A.C.A.D.E. wanted to tell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

I clearly remember him making a big decision in #850.
    Besides, he got together with MJ, You need two people to decide for it to work. He will (or at least wants to) propose to her. He saved Boomerang, he straightened his relationship with Jonah, he helped to save the city from Dr. Doom, he decided to keep Gog as his pet.

Are You saying that these were not his decisions?

Granted, we are not seeing much of Peter's social life and what he is doing (as other poster pointed out in other thread, can't remember his name now, sorry) but I'll take Spencer's characterization of the character over anything that Slott wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Reminds me that Spidey did capture F.A.C.A.D.E. in one of Slott's ASM issue, but since Spidey was trying to prevent NY from being nuked, he didn't care about learning who it was, even though F.A.C.A.D.E. wanted to tell lol.
    That was actually a funny reference on Slott's part.

My main issue with his writing is how he handles Peter's Parker. His Spidey is not all bad, he throws a bad joke here and there, but his PP was not good.
    His Superior Spider-Man on the other hand, was really fun to read.

I also like some of Slott's stories - Superior, Red Goblin, a few things about Clone conspiracy, even. But I often feel like he had great ideas, but execution was mediocre.

we found out that bug boy #2 was that party mix head CEOfucker before we found where the true queen of latveria and symkaria, betty brant, is
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

My main issue with his writing is how he handles Peter's Parker. His Spidey is not all bad, he throws a bad joke here and there, but his PP was not good.

I also like some of Slott's stories - Superior, Red Goblin, a few things about Clone conspiracy, even. But I often feel like he had great ideas, but execution was mediocre.
    His Spidey could work depending on the story, he still had problems, like, say, Regent's story arc where he starts a fight with Iron Man just because he was being a douche;

But yeah, Peter side had it worse, I can honestly see why so many people liked Superior, 'cause Otto had more of a personality overall than Peter, Slott's Peter/Spidey reacted a lot less, like, say, when Carlie broke up with him, he wasn't really sad over it, end of Superior, he found it justified that MJ and Carlie were leaving New York because of him, and post Superio he didn't react all that much to Felicia being an evil bitch, and was way, way less pissed at Otto than he should have been for Otto essentially ruining his life because having a company had its perks (even though he never wanted one), and that aunt May wasn't limping anymore.

Although, one annoying, and ironic, thing about Slott is that, while he did pretty much bring back Spidey's smarter side, to somewhat absurd levels, he did make Spidey way more simplistic in some battles, where he won more with brute force than strategy...

But yeah, he had a lot of good ideas, hell, while I think Superior sucks, it could work, after all, Kraven's Last Hunt is like the good version of it, his problem is that he forced his ideas to work, even if it makes the character look dumber than usual for the story to be told, and it's the biggest requirement Superior has lol.

His Spidey could work depending on the story, he still had problems, like, say, Regent's story arc where he starts a fight with Iron Man just because he was being a douche;

But yeah, Peter side had it worse, I can honestly see why so many people liked Superior, 'cause Otto had more of a personality overall than Peter, Slott's Peter/Spidey reacted a lot less, like, say, when Carlie broke up with him, he wasn't really sad over it, end of Superior, he found it justified that MJ and Carlie were leaving New York because of him, and post Superio he didn't react all that much to Felicia being an evil bitch, and was way, way less pissed at Otto than he should have been for Otto essentially ruining his life because having a company had its perks (even though he never wanted one), and that aunt May wasn't limping anymore.

Although, one annoying, and ironic, thing about Slott is that, while he did pretty much bring back Spidey's smarter side, to somewhat absurd levels, he did make Spidey way more simplistic in some battles, where he won more with brute force than strategy...

But yeah, he had a lot of good ideas, hell, while I think Superior sucks, it could work, after all, Kraven's Last Hunt is like the good version of it, his problem is that he forced his ideas to work, even if it makes the character look dumber than usual for the story to be told, and it's the biggest requirement Superior has lol.
    Yeah, I can agree with those points, especially the last one about Superior. What wrecked that saga for me was having people around "Peter"/Spider-Man that had known --- and in some cases even loved --- him for years somehow not being able to figure out that Peter had been replaced by an impostor. That aside, that is a very good point that a lot of the previous run's arcs and ideas were good or had potential to be good, but they were ultimately hobbled in execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I can agree with those points, especially the last one about Superior. What wrecked that saga for me was having people around "Peter"/Spider-Man that had known --- and in some cases even loved --- him for years somehow not being able to figure out that Peter had been replaced by an impostor. That aside, that is a very good point that a lot of the previous run's arcs and ideas were good or had potential to be good, but they were ultimately hobbled in execution.
    It looks even dumber with Spidey's supporting cast, since the characters around him are consistently great at sniffing out impostors.

One easy example is Last Hunt, where it took MJ all of 3 pages to be able to tell that Spider-Man running around isn't Peter, and there are other examples too, like that time Chameleon made an effort to pretend to be Peter (Based on guesses, and he did get stuff wrong), and aunt May still managed to find out... Meanwhile, Otto made as much effort into pretending to be Peter as Iron Man tried to not be an evil ass during Civil War, and somehow nobody can tell? Give me a break lol.

It looks even dumber with Spidey's supporting cast, since the characters around him are consistently great at sniffing out impostors.

One easy example is Last Hunt, where it took MJ all of 3 pages to be able to tell that Spider-Man running around isn't Peter, and there are other examples too, like that time Chameleon made an effort to pretend to be Peter (Based on guesses, and he did get stuff wrong), and aunt May still managed to find out... Meanwhile, Otto made as much effort into pretending to be Peter as Iron Man tried to not be an evil ass during Civil War, and somehow nobody can tell? Give me a break lol.
    Uh-huh. I remember that one with Chameleon and Aunt May from the Civil War period in Sensational Spider-Man (renamed from Marvel Knights Spider-Man), and she ended up lacing his cookies with a paralytic that rendered him unconscious, the last thing he saw before that being her knit sweater saying, "GOTCHA." Fun times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. I remember that one with Chameleon and Aunt May from the Civil War period in Sensational Spider-Man (renamed from Marvel Knights Spider-Man), and she ended up lacing his cookies with a paralytic that rendered him unconscious, the last thing he saw before that being her knit sweater saying, "GOTCHA." Fun times.
    Honestly, I always found that moment to be too ridiculous.