Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Liz doesn't help, since she was being an amoral CEO for a while, didn't she help Norman escape back in Superior's end too?

It'll be very ironic if the kid turns out to be a saint .

"More than that, this feeling Pete has, that something is not quite right or recognizable about his life, that it’s somehow all a dream and he’s being swept along, trapped in a kind of hopeless cycle, that’s what’s truly terrifying."

Comic books in a nutshell
    Pretty much, and yeah, considering Norman, alias "Mason Banks," helped her establish Alchemax in the first place . . . I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

He's planning on killing of Kraven then?!

I thought that that was going to be pointless timesink but I was wrong afterall!

Interview was good. I was getting very impatient and frustrated with this book, and I didn’t like #850. But now, I have hope. I’m curious as to where Last Remains will take Harry and what that means for “Pete”.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much, and yeah, considering Norman, alias "Mason Banks," helped her establish Alchemax in the first place . . . I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.
    What even happened with Alchemax post #800? Is Liz still its CEO?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What even happened with Alchemax post #800? Is Liz still its CEO?
    As far as I know, yes. At least according to the post-Absolute Carnage issues of Venom where Eddie and Dylan were staying with Liz and "Harry" for a while.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Poor Normie. His Granddad is a crazy psycho, transforms him with an alien goop. Gets freed of the alien goop. Makes friends with a crazy possessed half-alien goop that scares him the **** out. And now his dad becomes creepy centipede guy. Give the kid a break.
    He's got it a bit better than Stanley, who's granddad was boinking his mom who then went off and became a Black Cat doppleganger and then his own dad seemed to leave out on the west coast somewhere

Did Harry ever show up? Without thumbing through my Venom and Web of Venom issues... I can’t remember.

I wonder if Nick Lowe made sure that Harry has never been seen again since ASM #800....

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Did Harry ever show up? Without thumbing through my Venom and Web of Venom issues... I can’t remember.

I wonder if Nick Lowe made sure that Harry has never been seen again since ASM #800....
    Yes, he did show up briefly in the post-Absolute Carnage Venom and Web of Venom issues, where he and Liz did Eddie a solid by having him and Dylan stay with them and Normie.

Fantastic Member

In said appearance, Normie also shows Dylan a hidden room in Harry's office full of Goblin stuff and says that he hears his dad talking about his grandpa all the time.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

They could always end up revealing that the Post-OMD Harry was always a clone and that the original Harry never got revived.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    They could always end up revealing that the Post-OMD Harry was always a clone and that the original Harry never got revived.
    I actually do think that's the case.

The Harry Osborn from the last issue of OMD to Go Down Swinging and so on...it's a clone or impostor of some kind. In the same way that Alicia Masters that married Johnny Storm was a Skrull and the real Alicia loved Ben Grimm all along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually do think that's the case.

The Harry Osborn from the last issue of OMD to Go Down Swinging and so on...it's a clone or impostor of some kind. In the same way that Alicia Masters that married Johnny Storm was a Skrull and the real Alicia loved Ben Grimm all along.
    If this the case, how does Parker hold any form of sin for the situation? It's not like he and Harry were at odds with one another when he died, in fact Harry died at peace and telling Parker theyd always be best friends! And Spencer has gone out of his way to show that Parker feels the same way about Harry, considering him a victim of Norman. If it's simply "Kindred is real Harry, Clone Harry is BND era Harry", Norman would be the central person in Kindred's plan, not Parker, and Parker would be completely unknowing his friend was a clone!(Parker also died genetic tests on Harry to prove Stanley was his kid, so he'd of seen any sus)

Whatever is the explanation, Spidey would be a central role in the cause of Kindred's suffering. Kindred is very concious of Norman being a evil person, and all of Harry pre-deaths motivations of anger against Parker were in denial and revenge for his father, something he finally came to turns with as he died.

Something Parker did must've motivated Kindred for revenge beyond just being dead angry Harry. What is that thing? The easiest thing to go with is OMD, which the series is lined with references to and Kindred's comments alluded at. Somehow as a result of OMD it must've caused Kindred to occur, and it also begs much larger implications at those who have come back to life if somehow all dead and revived ended up condemned to hell with a duplicate replacing them as they watch a happy candyland of someone who isn't them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    If this the case, how does Parker hold any form of sin for the situation? It's not like he and Harry were at odds with one another when he died, in fact Harry died at peace and telling Parker theyd always be best friends! And Spencer has gone out of his way to show that Parker feels the same way about Harry, considering him a victim of Norman.
    Little weird that you call Spider-Man, Parker, rather than Peter. It's villains, Flash, and Jonah who call him "Parker". Not that it's relevant, just weird.

In any case, Harry at the time of his death was mentallly disturbed, not feeling well and troubled. He had all kinds of moods. Remember that he plotted and programmed android robots of Peter's parents to torment him posthumously. So while in page, Harry's last thoughts were peaceful it wasn't representative by any means of his full feelings towards Peter.

I really think the big sin is the deal with Mephisto in OMD. There's been too many hints and nudges to the effect in this run for it not to be somehow related to Peter finally being confronted with that choice he made there. Given what Nick Spencer says in this interview, I think it's not too far fetched at all and especially so because much like with the Kindred identity mystery- he gave us the clues and played it pretty straight from there. Plus with the solicitations for the last chapters of Last Remains, it mentions how it will change the way we see Peter and Spider-Man- if he's forced to remember what's been buried and realize what he did I can see that being pretty devastating to him in terms of what he's supposed to represent.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 10-16-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That, or Harry was revived, but the Kindred persona (Mysterio was revived before OMD, after all), much like the Goblin persona, was simply buried and only recently reasserted itself.

Knowing about Kindred kind of explains why Quentin would run away to the Ultimate Universe, though - maybe he was trying to get out of his deal!