Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't think so. It really depends on how important the piece is, if it's something that you even notice without it being pointed out to you.
    It might not be all that important to the actual story of the film but it adds some potential flavor to the world.
    Why is everyone so ready to jump on this as some big Superman confirmation? There's no sense of "Could be nothing/an easter egg" here.
    Maybe we're just desperate for another Superman and need to hold on to any hope?
    I think it's that it's a Superman element in a Batman movie and what it might mean for the universe of said film. Especially for characters who, generally, share the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It might not be all that important to the actual story of the film but it adds some potential flavor to the world.

I think it's that it's a Superman element in a Batman movie and what it might mean for the universe of said film. Especially for characters who, generally, share the same universe.
    It's still just a Halloween costume and a newspaper. Until we know how either will actually be used any potential flavor is theoritical. Unless we get more information I'm keeping my expectations low to just easter eggs/fan winks for now.

Also I'm not expecting much from the "universe" of the film. We already have one DCEU. But I also wouldn't be against more universes with more than one hero in the wider multiverse. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This is neat and everything, but I hope they don't pull a BvS and say Gotham and Metropolis are on opposite sides of a river between them or some twin city thing. That's too weird for me, should be the distance of at least a state or 2 apart.
    They won’t. At best this will be like the Arkham games with other superheroes existing but not showing up in the flesh. At worst it’s just a fun gag.
    Kind of depends on how it's played. If it's treated as a joke or gag it might trigger the opposite thought.

I don't think so. It really depends on how important the piece is, if it's something that you even notice without it being pointed out to you.

Why is everyone so ready to jump on this as some big Superman confirmation? There's no sense of "Could be nothing/an easter egg" here.
    Maybe we're just desperate for another Superman and need to hold on to any hope?
    It’s fun to speculate. No one is expecting a new version of Superman to actually show up in the movie or something. No one is planning on going to see The Batman out of hopes that Superman will be in it. It’s not an issue.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-19-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Kind of depends on how it's played. If it's treated as a joke or gag it might trigger the opposite thought.

I don't see anyone doing that, we just find this interesting and it's fun to speculate. Personally, I'm not holding my breath for any "BIG" Superman movie surprises any time soon anymore. If it happens, great, but WB have disappointed me far too much to hope for big or great things for the character. WB just don't seem to have a real clue how to handle him. I'm kind of hoping for a miracle but I try not to think about it much. Life goes on, and there are more important things to worry about.

You seem too concerned about how other Superman fans feel. Maybe some of us just want to dream a little.

Astonishing Member

It's still just a Halloween costume and a newspaper. Until we know how either will actually be used any potential flavor is theoritical. Unless we get more information I'm keeping my expectations low to just easter eggs/fan winks for now.

Also I'm not expecting much from the "universe" of the film. We already have one DCEU. But I also wouldn't be against more universes with more than one hero in the wider multiverse. So who knows.
    Precisely why people are taking this so seriously, rather than an empty callout like in Batman Forever. Especially with Flashpoint and the various retcons over the years whenever the DCEU wanted to radically shift their characters into other directions. The fact the movie is doing all this when they don't have to shows the DCEU might be thawing their decision to leave Reeves' Batman in his own universe. Having Superman, and Wonder Woman, being so entrenched in culture in his "universe" has implications, it's like how Batman got Joker's card in Batman Begins. They may not do anything overt in the movie itself but the sequels? Things just opened up.

Astonishing Member

Christ no. The modern interpretation of the World's Finest is god awful, Superman/Batman is a silver age concept either treat it like one or don't bother in the first place.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I was looking forward to the batman regardless. This might be a harmless easter egg. But, i do hope we get a cool voice/director for superman one of these days. Regardless, they should have atleast made a big budget animated movie with superman like the spiderverse movie by sony with someone like brad bird directing. That would be something to look forward to